How many of you actually want to get married?

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I didn't really think about until I met the man I want to marry. My atitude was 'what is meant to be will be'.

I think I dreaded the actual wedding process (planning,big ceremony and reception, etc) more than the marriage. It's stress I prefer not to put myself through.

Everyone I know, knows not to expect a big wedding from me.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
OP just find a hobby or a pet to involve your self with ...no bestiality :whoa:

But no man in 2017 wants to a wife a BITTER..BROKE and BIPOLAR female such as yourself

Just a PSA....u welcome :queen:
Your becoming a nuisance.

Get a life already.

You don't know me, stop typing out novels like you know me personally.

Lame nikka shyt.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
I'm married, but I was a person that didn't think I'd get married until I met my husband. It just wasn't something that was a goal of mine; growing old with one person and having kids wasn't on my agenda. Having kids isn't on the agenda now LOL

I'm the kind of person that likes to do my own thing, when I want to do it. I've had to make concessions since being married, but nothing too crazy, because he knew what I was like before I married him. If I feel like taking a trip somewhere, he's generally 1) on board or 2) encourages me to take one of my siblings/friends with me. The most important thing I've found so far is to make sure you find someone you mesh well with, personality-wise. My husband is fine as frog hairs, but there are still days where I'm like "You mad ugly and annoying, I don't want to be around you fam" and he'll call me out on my mess while taking my feelings into consideration (cause I'm a sensitive thug :birdman:), we'll laugh and then get over it.

this was a dope post, wish i could rep.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Yes. Mainly for good, steady, raw dyck. Friendship, having a geeky partner in crime so I can discuss ole school cartoons while rubbing his belly postcoitus. Booty rubs and having an early morning workout partner so that weird ginger dude who works at the Planet Fitness will stop trying to help spot me on some "yeah feel that muscle" weirdo gym finesse when I go in early. And having somebody to depend on when shyt hits the fan.
Lmao! Otherwise I'll just keep chilling with my friends and my homie.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. Mainly for good, steady, raw dyck. Friendship, having a geeky partner in crime so I can discuss ole school cartoons while rubbing his belly postcoitus. Booty rubs and having an early morning workout partner so that weird ginger dude who works at the Planet Fitness will stop trying to help spot me on some "yeah feel that muscle" weirdo gym finesse when I go in early. And having somebody to depend on when shyt hits the fan.
Lmao! Otherwise I'll just keep chilling with my friends and my homie.
:picard:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:hamster:There's a LOT o shyt I wanna do and try but I don't jump on strange dyck. Trust and reliability gotta be established. What I look like fukkin a dude who I can't even depend on if something goes wrong in my life. Lmao! He was in ur walls last night but can't even be bothered to take a walk in the park with u or help u if ur stranded?:hhh:
I got a giving heart and I like people too much to be easily finessable. Love, honesty, and loyalty unlocks the freak.

Daps
If I'm going to be with for 3+ years then yes. I'm not going be with something that long and not be engaged or married. The engagement has a shelf life of 2 years.

Why do women put timeframes on things like this? Let's say you and Him were together for 5 years and he hasn't proposed, what would you do?

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
Why do women put timeframes on things like this? Let's say you and Him were together for 5 years and he hasn't proposed, what would you do?
LEAVE :stopitslime: it don't take 5 years to knw.if.you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody. Of course the exception would be if y'all got together very young. Plus if you're a woman actively seeking marriage time is not your friend.

Daps
LEAVE :stopitslime: it don't take 5 years to knw.if.you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody. Of course the exception would be if y'all got together very young. Plus if you're a woman actively seeking marriage time is not your friend.

So you're telling my if everything is going perfect, and you don't have any serious complaints you would stil leave? The finances are good, sex is good, conversations are good and he still gives you butterflies, you're leaving because he hasn't proposed? That's crazy to me.

Raava

Staff member
Daps

Leave. For one we aren't on the same page. I don't see the point of being with someone that long and not being married. I'm not putting more than a certain amount of time without marriage. In a long term relationship things can happen children, investments, building, etc... I'm not doing that with someone and if it goes bad I have no protection to what I brought to the table. Not only that if the person is seriously hurt or dies you have no automatic rights to things as a spouse. There are other rights and benefits you get as a married person with social security, taxes, legal rights, etc... Marrige is about way more than love. That's one major reason LGBT want to be married.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
When I was younger I thought about the idea of marriage because of looking at what my grandparents had with theirs. Looking back on it I understand now that they came from a different time & era.

I can't say whether or not I still would want to get married or not in the future. A lot of people these days tie the knot for the wrong reasons and end up divorced in 5 yrs or less. As much as marriage is about love, it's also about responsibility imo. The things I would like to understand before I took that step is: What is her character in general? Is she responsible? Can I put my life in her hands if need be? Also, I wonder if I would be capable of asking the same questions about myself.

My issue is times have changed with women in general and I wonder if my views are outdated. It's just so much to deal with in getting to know someone I rather not put myself out there so I just do me. I understand that I ain't gone be young forever.

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
So you're telling my if everything is going perfect, and you don't have any serious complaints you would stil leave? The finances are good, sex is good, conversations are good and he still gives you butterflies, you're leaving because he hasn't proposed? That's crazy to me.
Marriage = security for most women. I could have all those great things going in the relationship and if that man decided he wanted to up and leave me one day he could so with no recourse. A good relationship is a wonderful thing, but a secured good relationship is infinitely better. Imagine if you as a woman shacked up with a man until age 45, didn't want to pressure him into marriage and then he one day decides he wants to live a bachelor life again. Now I'm old and at a severe disadvantage for attracting new men, and I don't really have anything to show from the relationship I invested so much into.

Daps
Leave. For one we aren't on the same page. I don't see the point of being with someone that long and not being married. I'm not putting more than a certain amount of time without marriage. In a long term relationship things can happen children, investments, building, etc... I'm not doing that with someone and if it goes bad I have no protection to what I brought to the table. Not only that if the person is seriously hurt or dies you have no automatic rights to things as a spouse. There are other rights and benefits you get as a married person with social security, taxes, legal rights, etc... Marrige is about way more than love. That's one major reason LGBT want to be married.
Marriage = security for most women. I could have all those great things going in the relationship and if that man decided he wanted to up and leave me one day he could so with no recourse. A good relationship is a wonderful thing, but a secured good relationship is infinitely better. Imagine if you as a woman shacked up with a man until age 45, didn't want to pressure him into marriage and then he one day decides he wants to live a bachelor life again. Now I'm old and at a severe disadvantage for attracting new men, and I don't really have anything to show from the relationship I invested so much into.

I hear what y'all are saying but I feel you shouldn't have this mindset until you hit or almost 30. Early 20's is too young to be pressed for time and security like that.