How many of you actually want to get married?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I hear what y'all are saying but I feel you shouldn't have this mindset until you hit or almost 30. Early 20's is too young to be pressed for time and security like that.

:dwillhuh: I am old. But I always had the same mindset. Most women don't want to waste time with someone who they don't see a future with or that doesn't see a future with them. Why do girlfriend or wife things for someone who doesn't want to commit? Like I said fun go with the flow is cool but for years? That just sounds stupid to me.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marriage = security for most women. I could have all those great things going in the relationship and if that man decided he wanted to up and leave me one day he could so with no recourse. A good relationship is a wonderful thing, but a secured good relationship is infinitely better. Imagine if you as a woman shacked up with a man until age 45, didn't want to pressure him into marriage and then he one day decides he wants to live a bachelor life again. Now I'm old and at a severe disadvantage for attracting new men, and I don't really have anything to show from the relationship I invested so much into.
I agree mostly, but women do the same thing but will break up a marriage or relationship in a heartbeat if they are unhappy and encouraged to do so.

And there are plenty that refuse to really go the mile because in the back of there mind they want to be able to step out if things go bad and not feel like a hoe.

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
I agree mostly, but women do the same thing but will break up a marriage or relationship in a heartbeat if they are unhappy and encouraged to do so.

And there are plenty that refuse to really go the mile because in the back of there mind they want to be able to step out if things go bad and not feel like a hoe.
This is true. And it's a very short sighted perspective for both men and women. Unless you desire to grow old alone, the reasonable "plan" is to build and grow with someone for years, rather than to wake up at 65, decide you want a life partner, and try to find one at that age

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Sometimes I want to get married and other days I don't

I don't want to repeat the same mistakes my parents made
:francis:

I'm only now realizing how dysfunctional and vitriolic my family was/is:francis:

I'm 23 tho so I'm not considering marriage for like another 10 years:lolbron:

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm didnt see this thread

Honestly marriage scares the hell out of me. I dont think I wanna get married. I know I know, Im only 20. But naw, Im good, Ive seen enough:francis:

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hope and pray to one day be happily married. I just hope I'm married to the right person when I choose to settle down. The first person I fall in love with will hopefully be the one I marry.

Same here. But the things I'm into and aiming for career wise, I'm scared that it will be a major turn off. :mjcry:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For the ladies that want to get married, why do you want to?

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. Mainly for good, steady, raw dyck. Friendship, having a geeky partner in crime so I can discuss ole school cartoons while rubbing his belly postcoitus. Booty rubs and having an early morning workout partner so that weird ginger dude who works at the Planet Fitness will stop trying to help spot me on some "yeah feel that muscle" weirdo gym finesse when I go in early. And having somebody to depend on when shyt hits the fan.
Lmao! Otherwise I'll just keep chilling with my friends and my homie.
:mjlol:

anigif_enhanced-2705-1407782598-1.gif

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to, but I feel I'm too old. I think the purpose of marriage is to build and procreate, I don't believe you should do it just for companionship.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I used to, but I feel I'm too old. I think the purpose of marriage is to build and procreate, I don't believe you should do it just for companionship.
I don't think its too late.Instead of procreating, you're just joining your families together, if both of you already have kids. I actually have a aunt that got married at 62 lol.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think its too late.Instead of procreating, you're just joining your families together, if both of you already have kids. I actually have a aunt that got married at 62 lol.
I want some new, fresh out the box kids though :lupe: I think once I hit menopause I may feel differently. Right now I don't see being tied down for the sake of companionship as a good thing. Congrats to your aunt!!

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
If i glow up and attract the right kind of men, Id consider marriage.
Yo I'm tired of you talking like you some ugly ass person.

Even so call ugly people (who aren't really ugly just have imperfections) can get a spouse. Stop it yo.

See a therapist if you have too but get outta your mindset. You don't wanna get older and do things outta desperation because you think you aren't worth it.