How long till I see gains brehs?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
As far as food/dieting goes - Shoot me your current height & weight (estimate the body fat% too) & I'll knock you up a rought draft of how many Kcals you should be ingesting & the macro composition you should adhere to.

My nikka can you do me (no homo)?

I'm 5'10" 177, 16% bf (estimate). I wanna be around 185, 12%.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
My nikka can you do me (no homo)?

I'm 5'10" 177, 16% bf (estimate). I wanna be around 185, 12%.

^^^ :mjlol:......

Ayte I'll give you some rough macro numbers to work with, the onus is on you to pick a decent lifting program (go full body as opposed to Splits if you novice/early intermediate level that is) to make that ~7-10lbs gain :ufdup:

My advice : I say bulk to 190'-195'ish then cut back some weight to look a good solid 185 . So basically gain 14lbs (177----->191) , a decent rate of weight gain suggested by guys who know their diet shyte is roughly ~1/1.5bs per week. Any faster and apparently you doing more harm than good i.e.. fat is gained at a more exponential rate than muscle per se (I don't know how true is, seems to vary for different body types). With that in mind, lets simplify this & aim for a 14-16 week window in which to bulk up in towards intended weight.

Anyway based on your stats here's what the maths derives as far as food/Macro tips & trick go, you don't have to agree but this pretty much works for everyone and anyone without making it too complicated;

• Body weight – 177 (80kg'ish)

• Height - 178 cm (5 foot 10 inches)

• Kcals Required to Bulk : ~3500-3800Kcals ( using the 40/40/20% macro split - start at 3200 & up it by 200KCals up to 3800Kcals & monitor gains every week)
  • Cardinal sin- Do not jump on the scale every day or very hour.... use the scale ONCE a week same time all the time e.g if you do Monday mornings , then every Monday morning at that same time it is for the duration of your bulk. Sometimes scales lie/chat shyt use a mirror to aid you when this happens, if you like what you see keep going.
Daily caloric intake required (with exercise regime)

On Training Days try and EAT More Carbs & Minimal FAT & on Rest days switch it around if you can less carbs more fats etc, Protein remains static

• 3200Kcals (divide these calories as per below)

·Protein – Eat 300 gram protein ( which is roughly ~ 1200 Kcals)

·Fat - Eat 75 grams ( ~640Kcals)

·Carbohydrates – Eat 340 grams ( ~ 1360Kcals)

·The above total amounts to 3200Kcals (Essentially count Macro i.e. grams as opposed ot KCals..using apps such as myfitness pal)

To reiterate points made, just aim for a steady slow bulk at a rate of 1/1.5lb per week...this should enable you to gain 14 pounds in 11-14 weeks’ time.

Now that calories and macros established, devise a pattern to eat these foods i.e. break down your total calorie intake across 2-4 main meals

For a decent Clean Bulk try & incorporate the following foods as part of your ‘DAILY MAIN’ shopping cart at the supermarkets;

·Proteins – Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Fish (Salmon & Tuna etc) Eggs , cottage cheese.

·Fat – Salmon, Oily Fish (sardines & mackerel), Cashews, Peanuts almonds. Avocado.

·Carbs – white/brown rice, pasta, OATS, flapjacks, bread (whole meal).

·Veggies – mixed lead salad & carrots/broccoli etc. Eat Veggies in abundance with each meal (around 60-80 grams worth) as they are very filling for their calorie content & tend to satiate hunger, especially when on a diet when yo start your CUT down the line.

The above is rough draft of what I do when I BULK or CUT......but you get the idea & yea try & spread your kcals (3-4 meals) eat the bulk of your Kcals preferably post lifting.

• Remember you will need to adjust for your Kcals/Macro above as you get bigger, Like I said measure/keep track every fortnight upon using... body fat calipers , mirror & scale etc

Goodluck fellow Gym breh..... Go make some gainzzzz & report back accordingly :lupe:

Last edited:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
^^^ :mjlol:......

Ayte I'll give you some rough macro numbers to work with, the onus is on you to pick a decent lifting program (go full body as opposed to Splits if you novice/early intermediate level that is) to make that ~7-10lbs gain :ufdup:

My advice : I say bulk to 190'-195'ish then cut back some weight to look a good solid 185 . So basically gain 14lbs (177----->191) , a decent rate of weight gain suggested by guys who know their diet shyte is roughly ~1/1.5bs per week. Any faster and apparently you doing more harm than good i.e.. fat is gained at a more exponential rate than muscle per se (I don't know how true is, seems to vary for different body types). With that in mind, lets simplify this & aim for a 14-16 week window in which to bulk up in towards intended weight.

Anyway based on your stats here's what the maths derives as far as food/Macro tips & trick go, you don't have to agree but this pretty much works for everyone and anyone without making it too complicated;

• Body weight – 177 (80kg'ish)

• Height - 178 cm (5 foot 10 inches)

• Kcals Required to Bulk : ~3500-3800Kcals ( using the 40/40/20% macro split - start at 3200 & up it by 200KCals up to 3800Kcals & monitor gains every week)
  • Cardinal sin- Do not jump on the scale every day or very hour.... use the scale ONCE a week same time all the time e.g if you do Monday mornings , then every Monday morning at that same time it is for the duration of your bulk. Sometimes scales lie/chat shyt use a mirror to aid you when this happens, if you like what you see keep going.
Daily caloric intake required (with exercise regime)

On Training Days try and EAT More Carbs & Minimal FAT & on Rest days switch it around if you can less carbs more fats etc, Protein remains static

• 3200Kcals (divide these calories as per below)

·Protein – Eat 300 gram protein ( which is roughly ~ 1200 Kcals)

·Fat - Eat 75 grams ( ~640Kcals)

·Carbohydrates – Eat 340 grams ( ~ 1360Kcals)

·The above total amounts to 3200Kcals (Essentially count Macro i.e. grams as opposed ot KCals..using apps such as myfitness pal)

To reiterate points made, just aim for a steady slow bulk at a rate of 1/1.5lb per week...this should enable you to gain 14 pounds in 11-14 weeks’ time.

Now that calories and macros established, devise a pattern to eat these foods i.e. break down your total calorie intake across 2-4 main meals

For a decent Clean Bulk try & incorporate the following foods as part of your ‘DAILY MAIN’ shopping cart at the supermarkets;

·Proteins – Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Fish (Salmon & Tuna etc) Eggs , cottage cheese.

·Fat – Salmon, Oily Fish (sardines & mackerel), Cashews, Peanuts almonds. Avocado.

·Carbs – white/brown rice, pasta, OATS, flapjacks, bread (whole meal).

·Veggies – mixed lead salad & carrots/broccoli etc. Eat Veggies in abundance with each meal (around 60-80 grams worth) as they are very filling for their calorie content & tend to satiate hunger, especially when on a diet when yo start your CUT down the line.

The above is rough draft of what I do when I BULK or CUT......but you get the idea & yea try & spread your kcals (3-4 meals) eat the bulk of your Kcals preferably post lifting.

• Remember you will need to adjust for your Kcals/Macro above as you get bigger, Like I said measure/keep track every fortnight upon using... body fat calipers , mirror & scale etc

Goodluck fellow Gym breh..... Go make some gainzzzz & report back accordingly :lupe:

Good lookin' out breh. So can I basically eat... anything / everything or are there certain types of carbs I should be getting or avoiding? For example, I like pasta, but not sweet potatoes so much. Does it matter or just eat eat eat?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
@Emperor_ReinScarf

When I first started it was hard to eat enough calories during the day because I would feel full. Don't disregard the tip on making protein shakes....you can put oatmeal and almonds in them and it will make reaching your calories goals each day a lot easier.
how did u overcome the "full" affect cuz its kinda been a hindrance in my bulking.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
how did u overcome the "full" affect cuz its kinda been a hindrance in my bulking.

Liquid calories via smoothies. I would drink about 1000 calories a day when I first started in smoothies. Also spreading your meals out throughout the day.....eating nuts throughout the day. I couldn't eat just 3 times a day bulking you have to consume too many calories.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Liquid calories via smoothies. I would drink about 1000 calories a day when I first started in smoothies. Also spreading your meals out throughout the day.....eating nuts throughout the day. I couldn't eat just 3 times a day bulking you have to consume too many calories.
i see, any smoothie/shake recipes you wld recommend... i know there's a muscle milk and whipped cream one, but that's about it.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
When I first started bulking and had a hard time getting calories in id make my own weightgainer. blended up 16oz whole milk, 2tbs natty peanut butter, 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 banana and 2 to 3 scoops of ice cream. It'd be around 1,300 calories'

After a few months it'll be easy to down all your calories in whole food. I dont even use protein powder anymore

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Good lookin' out breh. So can I basically eat... anything / everything or are there certain types of carbs I should be getting or avoiding? For example, I like pasta, but not sweet potatoes so much. Does it matter or just eat eat eat?

Yea no worries bruv, to answer your question if you running a decent lifting program you can pretty much get away with first degree gluttony as far as food goes, just make sure you hitting the weights room hard. I don't want to confuse you with the whole complex carbs vs simple carbs types as its too long & pointless for us recreational type lifters. Eat what you want really, best thing I can suggest is the IIFYM (If it fits your macro) philosophy, thats what I use when I'm tracking/ counting Kcals & macros. After running a few cycles of bulking & cutting you very good at gauging your food from merely just eye balling the portions.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
i see, any smoothie/shake recipes you wld recommend... i know there's a muscle milk and whipped cream one, but that's about it.

I just use almond milk, 24 almonds per shake, a table spoon or 2 of peanut butter, oatmeal, and protein powder. I increase or decrease the almonds based on how many calories I want in the shake.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Yea no worries bruv, to answer your question if you running a decent lifting program you can pretty much get away with first degree gluttony as far as food goes, just make sure you hitting the weights room hard. I don't want to confuse you with the whole complex carbs vs simple carbs types as its too long & pointless for us recreational type lifters. Eat what you want really, best thing I can suggest is the IIFYM (If it fits your macro) philosophy, thats what I use when I'm tracking/ counting Kcals & macros. After running a few cycles of bulking & cutting you very good at gauging your food from merely just eye balling the portions.

Thanks for the info. Good lookin out.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

Lift more, harder. I've found that, after a while maybe a few weeks, I can't ever really feel "full" for long. I'm always hungry. Kinda sucks.