Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I can but I fart afterwards :manny:

how do you know whats a good smoothie or protein shake just one with the mos tcalories?
For the shake/smootie:

1scoop of protein
1 to 1/2 cups of oatmeal
banana
teaspoon & a half of honey
tablespoon of peanut butter (if your stomach can handle it, mine stopped after a while)
cup of lactaid milk
blend, add water if its too thick n/h

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
For the shake/smootie:

1scoop of protein
1 to 1/2 cups of oatmeal
banana
teaspoon & a half of honey
tablespoon of peanut butter (if your stomach can handle it, mine stopped after a while)
cup of lactaid milk
blend, add water if its too thick n/h

thanks
just one time a day?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
thanks
just one time a day?
Twice a day on the days you don't work out. You can do it twice on the days you work out too, just leave out the protein from one of them since you'll be drinking a regular protein shake (protein + water) after your workout... Drink the one w/ the protein like an hour or so before bed.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Thread gets made, or some variation of "I can't get big, I'm lactose brews" by scarf once a year. If you don't stop bullshyttin and eat + lift... :ufdup:

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My secrets for a good bulk not much fat too. Is eat 5 times a day

6am breakfast: banana, three boiled eggs and turkey bacon

9am Protein Shake there are three types of protein I drink the heavy one first.

12 lunch: peanut and jelly with second protien shake

3pm snack: mixed nuts or beefy jerky with a apple or orange

5pm dinner: one meat I only chicken beast or Salmon with brown rice and some type of veggie

8pm snack: I eat like a fiber one bar or granola bar with third protein shake which is the lowest one whey

Pre work: vita-pack with a mixed creatine and amino drink

After workout: same mixed creatine and amino drink

Drink 8-12 cups of water a day

And challenge Yourself everyday to get better you should workout five a week six if you want to do cardio for atleast an hour targetting a different body part with slow increase in weight while maintaining proper form to prevent injury.

Last never eat past 9pm

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm a weak frail ass nukka, bout to start working out. Actually a breh from here connected with me as he's a personal trainer and i had my first session (no homo) about to do it like 2-3 times a week.

When should I see some progress?
track your lifts

record where you were at with weight/reps and watch it in real time. Visual aids can keep you moving

take pics monthly

killacal

Banned
Daps
Rule 1 of Lift Club - Please refrain from using the T word amongst fitness circles , its more or less blasphemous & damn right offensive :scust:

You will need to Bulk firs to your intended weight goal & then cut a little because gaining muscle & fat is inevitable

OK so here's a layman's guide that I did for one of my boys that could really prove useful in your quest to gain some muscle/size (provided you couple this with a decent lifting regime):

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html

Use above Calorie calculator & keep this rule in mind - whatever figure it gives you (this is your maintenance calorie) in order to put on size you NEED to eat ~300-500 calories on top of the given figure to attain positive healthy weight GAIN.

DIET NOTES For Results Given Above :

In order to CUT/ Lose weight ( lose fat preserve muscle gained from a bulk phase)

Again as a RULE OF THUMB you need to increase by 500 calories+
so ADD 500
to your given figure.

For maintenance simply eat the ACTUAL figure given by th ecalcuylator everyday & you should more or less remain at same weight.

MACRO ADVISE (Protein/Carb/Fat distribution) :

Before I go into detail below bear in mind these IMPORTANT figures:

1 Gram of Protein = 4 calories

1 Gram of Carbs = 4 calories.

1 Gram of FAT = 9 calories

So now that we know above this is how you workout your MACRO composition:

• PROTEIN - Always keep this high & by high consumption = 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. So figure your weight out in KG then convert to pounds & thats your protein intake for e.g I'm 89Kg = 198Lbs = so my protein intake is ~200 grams everyday (rest day or training day). So e.g my total Kcalorie for day is 2500Kcals then 200 grams of protein will equate to 800Kcals (200 grams X4Kcal per gram). So 2500Kcal - 800 = 1700Kcals remaining to factor my Fats & Carbs for the day.

• FATS - This needs to be 20% of your Total Calorie. again lets take my e.g my total KCalorie for the day is 2500, 20% of that is 500Kcals (divide this by 9 to get number of grams) so my fat intake = 55 grams (55 X 9 calorie per gram formula). So now that my Protein and Fat (KEY MACROS) are out the way last but not least rest of your allowance is all Carbs.

• CARBS - so 2500 - 800 + 500 = 1200Kcal left again we divide this by 4 to get our grams = 300 grams of carbs.

So yea Scarf boy....there you go.... done & dusted...just to summarise:

• Go to link above get the BMR Calorie figure
  • Depending on your goal (if wieght loss/ leaning out) minus 500 from it & that's your TOTAL KCAL per day.
  • Next work out your MACRO using above notes & make sure they fit your requirements. Remember protein always high/ fats moderate/low & Carbs always LAST.
  • Plug these figures into your Myfitness app as you eat throughout the day.
  • Lift, Eat, SLEEP, GROW & Job done son!
By the way this is where that App (myfitnesspal) , use that to plug in what you eating & it should give you your MACRO & Calorie numbers so you can keep track of your grams (don't really watch you calories watch your MACRO per se) & make sure you hitting close to those (ball park figures) everyday.

Good luck :salute:
Ive never bulked and have been adding lean weight all my life. But Ill you tell it with your cac logic :sas1: