How Has Chinatown Stayed Chinatown?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
yea I`m not from NYC but I`d think they left before/right when the Crack era happened. It seems like when the Crack Era Came folks bounced and moved to the burbs early on or down south by the 90s.

Low key I always wanted to own property in Harlem but thats probably never going to happen now.

Its according to what price range you consider middle class..In NYC

If your talking 40-50kish, they are around....

You can make 50k and live in the projects if you had your apt before nikkas started to sign up heavily for housing..

In the 90s Harlem started building more residential apartments and "middle-class" people moved in...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Sad to say, that's true. All the best places for black folk (black Americans) are down south now in terms of cost of living n all.
yea only props I ever hear NYC get from a black person is always a reflective memory of the "good ol days"(which is really when NYC was at its worst when it came to drugs and crime), literally have heard nothing Good from someone black about NYC post 9/11.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
yea only props I ever hear NYC get from a black person is always a reflective memory of the "good ol days"(which is really when NYC was at its worst when it came to drugs and crime), literally have heard nothing Good from someone black about NYC post 9/11.

Exactly. People want the crack epidemic to come back and tell more stories of Alpos and other drug lords fukking up their hoods :mindblown:

It reflects in the music and it reflects in the housing situation: the heart of Black America is down south now, particularly in ATL.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Exactly. People want the crack epidemic to come back and tell more stories of Alpos and other drug lords fukking up their hoods :mindblown:

It reflects in the music and it reflects in the housing situation: the heart of Black America is down south now, particularly in ATL.
yup NYC cats are super delusional which is why its not worth the time debating them on the state of their city lol.

And yea ATL is at the forefront, while Houston and Dallas are Bigger, I feel ATL is taking the lead on making moves, it would be good to see cats in ATL Focus on building infrastructure though that is completely independent and building intown neighborhoods back up instead of going to the burbs, and when people do go to the burbs at least build out there.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
yup NYC cats are super delusional which is why its not worth the time debating them on the state of their city lol.

And yea ATL is at the forefront, while Houston and Dallas are Bigger, I feel ATL is taking the lead on making moves, it would be good to see cats in ATL Focus on building infrastructure though that is completely independent and building intown neighborhoods back up instead of going to the burbs, and when people do go to the burbs at least build out there.

Gentrification already ended the soul of NYC for black folk due to lack of ownership. The Apollo Theatre is gone n more black immigrants are moving there. For Black America, NYC is the past

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Gentrification already ended the soul of NYC for black folk due to lack of ownership. The Apollo Theatre is gone n more black immigrants are moving there. For Black America, NYC is the past
The Apollo
:mjcry:

This is why It disgusts me cats big up these Drug dealers. All these NYC Dope Dealers (well majority) were Snitches that built no infrastructure and spent all their bread tricking it off on material items, and gave out a few turkeys and school supplies. Imagine if majority were buying land, putting residents through college , opening legit businesses to clean their money and bring jobs to the communities, etc etc. I`m sure there are those who did but I`m also confident they were a minority.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The Apollo
:mjcry:

This is why It disgusts me cats big up these Drug dealers. All these NYC Dope Dealers (well majority) were Snitches that built no infrastructure and spent all their bread tricking it off on material items, and gave out a few turkeys and school supplies. Imagine if majority were buying land, putting residents through college , opening legit businesses to clean their money and bring jobs to the communities, etc etc. I`m sure there are those who did but I`m also confident they were a minority.

Yup, a bunch of heads talking about dressing fly and not owning shyt. It's bad everywhere, but you get a special level of :snoop: when Harlem dudes talking about staying fly by splurging in non black owned clothing lines when their communities are up for sale.

We better off building the south up with generational wealth.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yup, a bunch of heads talking about dressing fly and not owning shyt. It's bad everywhere, but you get a special level of :snoop: when Harlem dudes talking about staying fly by splurging in non black owned clothing lines when their communities are up for sale.

We better off building the south up with generational wealth.

Yea like in ATL a TON of the Black dudes getting the check from a entrepreneur standpoint were former hustlers from back in the day. Now I`m not from NYC so maybe there are some big time Black Business owners, but I never heard of them. Every positive thing someone says about NYC back in the day was some form of Tricking off on material items. Whether it was drug dealers buying dumb stuff or Lo Lifes and Decepts boosting clothes.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Yea like in ATL a TON of the Black dudes getting the check from a entrepreneur standpoint were former hustlers from back in the day. Now I`m not from NYC so maybe there are some big time Black Business owners, but I never heard of them. Every positive thing someone says about NYC back in the day was some form of Tricking off on material items. Whether it was drug dealers buying dumb stuff or Lo Lifes and Decepts boosting clothes.

There are some Caribbean brehs owning shyt, but the Black American scene is severely lacking.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There are some Caribbean brehs owning shyt, but the Black American scene is severely lacking.

To be honest I have never really met someone from NYC that was black and didnt have Island or African ancestry compared to Southern AA ancestry, I would assume they all bounced as they were the ones who were there when Harlem and such were thriving pre Crack Era.