Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
alright so my list is getting there

bought the i5 core 2500k for 189.99
bought the cooler master hyper 212 evo for 29.99
bought the radeon hd 6870 for 139.99

now i'm hoping to get a motherboard around the $100 range, case between 30-40 (newegg doesn't work as their shipping cost is ridiculous), power supply for $40-$50. Ram I know i can get around $50-$60, and same with 1TB hard drive. Then i would need a really nice wireless keyboard/mouse combo and i'll be set.

I'm hoping to build this unit by christmas time. Should i wait for black friday deals for the rest.

Shame you don't have a Micro Center near you. I paid the same for a i5-3570K with $60 off any Z77 board. Board for my HTPC ended up costing $60.

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
alright so my list is getting there

bought the i5 core 2500k for 189.99
bought the cooler master hyper 212 evo for 29.99
bought the radeon hd 6870 for 139.99

now i'm hoping to get a motherboard around the $100 range, case between 30-40 (newegg doesn't work as their shipping cost is ridiculous), power supply for $40-$50. Ram I know i can get around $50-$60, and same with 1TB hard drive. Then i would need a really nice wireless keyboard/mouse combo and i'll be set.

I'm hoping to build this unit by christmas time. Should i wait for black friday deals for the rest.

Give Tigerdirect a look..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
ANY TARD CAN BUY PARTS. BUYING PARTS THAT WILL WORK TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL AND HAVE SOME LONGEVITY IS ANOTHER STORY. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE INSIDE OF A COMPUTER BEFORE, 30 MINUTES OF RESEARCH AIN'T GONNA HELP YOU.

yeah, I like to encourage people to build their own rig, but that shyt ain't for everyone. it's 'easy' if everything goes well, but if you get some DOA component, or run into unseen compatibility issues, shyt can get pretty complicated pretty quick

and it doesn't stop there. check the forums of any popular game to see how 'easy' PC gaming is

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yeah, I like to encourage people to build their own rig, but that shyt ain't for everyone. it's 'easy' if everything goes well, but if you get some DOA component, or run into unseen compatibility issues, shyt can get pretty complicated pretty quick

and it doesn't stop there. check the forums of any popular game to see how 'easy' PC gaming is
never had that happen...as long as you do research youre straight. like ive said, its just like researching any other electronics product to buy :manny:

as far as pc gaming, thats different. software compatibility and performance is a huge issue in general :manny:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
if memory serves me correct you've been PC gaming since Zork, so maybe you have more experience than the average person
true but in other electronics where I dont know shyt it never happened either :manny: never ordered a part that didnt match any other part....just gotta be careful when researching.

I think nowadays its really simplified for the most part :manny: a 6-year old can do it

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
PUTTING IT TOGETHER IS EASY AND ANYBODY CAN DO THAT. MATCHING THE PARTS TOGETHER ISN'T AS EASY AND I'D HAVE A GUY WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING LOOK AT YOUR POTENTIAL SPECS BEFORE YOU BUY ALL THE PARTS. IT WILL SAVE YOU SOME TIME AND POSSIBLY MONEY.

BEFORE YOU BUY JUST DROP YOUR PARTS LIST HERE OR SOME OTHER COMPUTER SITE AND YOU'LL GET SOME GUIDANCE.

okay, a couple of hours then if you havent seen inside of a computer in your life before.

this aint 95, you have internet to tell you which brands are good and all manuals and specs tell you what is compatible with what. do research for each part which is cpu+motherboard+ram+GPU+sound card, spend like 5 minutes picking a hard drive and a burner. pick a case and power supply=youre done with your box.

its easy as shyt, not much different than choosing the right sd card for your digital camera.
SO BASICALLY YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DO WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST POST...:aicmon:
THE FACT THAT IDE HARDDRIVES ARE STILL SOLD NEGATES THE FACT THAT YOU CAN "JUST PICK" A HARDDRIVE OR BURNER. GUY BROUGHT ME A SATA DRIVE TO INSTALL INTO HIS OLD ASS COMPUTER WITH NO SATA SLOTS. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. THAT'S WHY I INSIST ON BUYING THE PARTS OR BEING PRESENT WHEN THE PARTS ARE BOUGHT FOR PEOPLE I DO WORK FOR.

IT AIN'T 95 BUT THOSE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAD NO CLUE ARE STILL ALIVE AND PROBABLY HAVE LESS OF A CLUE THAN THEY DID IN 95. THE YOUNGER GENERATION GET ALONG MUCH BETTER BUT YOU FORGET THAT THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE 35 AND UP WHO CAN DO NOTHING BUT PLAY SOLITAIRE ON A COMPUTER.

I'M SAYING THOUGH. nikkaS IS ON SOME "EVERYBODY GO BUY PARTS" shyt. ALL I SAID WAS PUTTING IT TOGETHER WAS EASIER THAN GATHERING THE LIST AND TO HAVE SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING DOUBLE CHECK THE LIST SO YOU DON'T WASTE MONEY AND/OR TIME ON LITTLE MISTAKES.

never had that happen...as long as you do research youre straight. like ive said, its just like researching any other electronics product to buy :manny:

as far as pc gaming, thats different. software compatibility and performance is a huge issue in general :manny:

THERE IS A REASON WHY THE FIRST QUESTION OUT OF A SERVICE TECH'S MOUTH IS "HAVE YOU UPGRADED OR INSTALLED ANY NEW SOFTWARE/HARDWARE?"

MR. SNIFLES

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
true but in other electronics where I dont know shyt it never happened either :manny: never ordered a part that didnt match any other part....just gotta be careful when researching.

I think nowadays its really simplified for the most part :manny: a 6-year old can do it

YOU'RE SPEAKING FROM AN EXPERIENCED POINT OF VIEW. OF COURSE IT'S EASY TO YOU.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
YOU'RE SPEAKING FROM AN EXPERIENCED POINT OF VIEW. OF COURSE IT'S EASY TO YOU.

I'm sayin, this dude is talking about buying components for other electronics and shyt. dude's probably at home like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGv7rF8kVk&feature=player_detailpage#t=257s]Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. - YouTube[/ame]

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
THE FACT THAT IDE HARDDRIVES ARE STILL SOLD NEGATES THE FACT THAT YOU CAN "JUST PICK" A HARDDRIVE OR BURNER. GUY BROUGHT ME A SATA DRIVE TO INSTALL INTO HIS OLD ASS COMPUTER WITH NO SATA SLOTS. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. THAT'S WHY I INSIST ON BUYING THE PARTS OR BEING PRESENT WHEN THE PARTS ARE BOUGHT FOR PEOPLE I DO WORK FOR.
no, if you actually looked into your motherboard manual before and looked what type of connectors they support...you wouldnt have those fukking questions. it takes a minute to look into a manual.

so if u actually had RESEARCHED what kind of fukking mobo you had, you wouldve known it doesnt support SATA connectors.

I'm sayin, this dude is talking about buying components for other electronics and shyt. dude's probably at home like this:
yes buying sd cards for digital camera or fukking laptop coolers is equal to shrinking the kids.

if youre trying to tell me that looking up part a, then seeing if part a fits part b on your machine is hard, you're either an idiot or a troll.

whats next, reading is hard ? putting two and two together is hard ?
its a fukking monkeys job- look up the manual, find the part that your motherboard supports- order it if its good in terms of price/value according to the reviews.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
seriously tho, Im surprised none of you guys ever tried filling up your car with diesel fuel. or have you ? :smugfavre:

the logic would be the same as buying a part your computer doesnt support without the basic research

MR. SNIFLES

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
seriously tho, Im surprised none of you guys ever tried filling up your car with diesel fuel. or have you ? :smugfavre:

the logic would be the same as buying a part your computer doesnt support without the basic research

I GET PEOPLE WHO STILL THINK THE HARD DRIVE IS THE WHOLE CASE.

CUSTOMER: "YEAH SO I PLUGGED MY MONITOR INTO THE HARD DRIVE AND IT WON'T WORK."
ME: YOU DID WHAT????

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
putting everything together was easy but i had one of my homeboys check everything to make sure it was all good the first time i built one.

Anyone build with a SSD and load the OS on it? Hear it's amazing

you heard right. SSD are pretty cheap now too so you can get some good deals out there.