how hard is it to build your own PC?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
it depends if you're trying to game or not. one advantage those pre-builts have is they usually come with an OS

but as someone that has had issues with cheap PSU's and whatnot, I can't recommend that for gaming ("serious gaming". I don't want someone telling me how their $300 desktop runs some flash game fine)

This dude is still mad that I built a PC that can run modern games fine for only $340 :heh:

fukk outta here with your "it aint a system unless it has water coolers connected" ass nikka

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I don't know how often people on here build their own pc tho

Its actually a smart idea to sticky just to get people into building their own PC's. I mean shyt is elementary when it comes to putting it together. If it wasnt for me investigating on how to build a PC,i would still have my lower end PC that i bought at best buy for $530,instead of my better model i made myself for $340

Tyuhnjko

Pro
Daps
the question seems to come up a lot

we could just have a 'PC Hardware' thread

There needs to be a "tech" sub-forum.
I come in here and see threads like this:
Movie
Games
Movie
Games
Phone
TV Shows
Movie
Games
Random Software/Tech thread
TV Series Thread
Games... and so on.

Tech stuff get lost in there.

The Arcadium should be mainly entertainment... Movies, Games, and TV series and then Sub-Forum for tech stuff imo.

But what do I know...:heh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

This dude is still mad that I built a PC that can run modern games fine for only $340 :heh:

fukk outta here with your "it aint a system unless it has water coolers connected" ass nikka

:what:

how was I talking about you? that's the price of cheap pre-builts

HP Desktop 2GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive p2-1374 - Best Buy

those pre-builts are notorious for coming with cheap off brand psu's

that doesn't have anything to do with a system you could build for that price. you can get a quality psu for pretty cheap (just not dirt cheap like the crap they use in those pre-builts)

neg re... oh nevermind

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

There needs to be a "tech" sub-forum.
I come in here and see threads like this:
Movie
Games
Movie
Games
Phone
TV Shows
Movie
Games
Random Software/Tech thread
TV Series Thread
Games... and so on.

Tech stuff get lost in there.

The Arcadium should be mainly entertainment... Movies, Games, and TV series and then Sub-Forum for tech stuff imo.

But what do I know...:heh:

I think it's best if they just leave all the tech related stuff in here.

Another sub-forum wouldn't get as much traffic anyway.

Tyuhnjko

Pro
Daps
I think it's best if they just leave all the tech related stuff in here.

Another sub-forum wouldn't get as much traffic anyway.

I only come in here mostly for the tech stuff and I have to search through it. It's annoying. That sub-forum would get just as much traffic, because people who know what they are loo--uh...never mind.
No point. You're right. What do I know.
*bushes*

(There's a sub-forum for flippin wrestling!)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess if there was a sub-forum dedicated to PC stuff, phone stuff it would have a decent amount of people checking it. Phone wars do numbers in here.

The Arcadium could be just for games/movies/TV shows etc and still do fine.

:ld:

Doesn't really matter to me either way

:yeshrug:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Its actually a smart idea to sticky just to get people into building their own PC's. I mean shyt is elementary when it comes to putting it together. If it wasnt for me investigating on how to build a PC,i would still have my lower end PC that i bought at best buy for $530,instead of my better model i made myself for $340

you built an entire gaming pc with $340?

how?

my graphics card was $160 and it's not even top of the line, i have a GTX 560ti.

that would leave me with $280 to do everything else...you gotta tell me how you did this.

how much and what kind of ram do you have?
does this cost include the case, dvd drive, etc?

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps

how?

my graphics card was $160 and it's not even top of the line, i have a GTX 560ti.

that would leave me with $280 to do everything else...you gotta tell me how you did this.

He didn't. You can't. Not one you'd want to claim anyways. I must have missed that spec list...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

how?

Yeah, I don't know about that one.

You can EASILY build a very fast and powerful computer for <$400 if you go with onboard video, but any decent graphics card will probably be almost $200 by itself.

But then again I haven't really checked out higher end mobos in a while, and I'm not really a PC gamer myself, so maybe some boards have integrated video that's good enough for gaming.. :manny:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

how?

case with two fans one 120mm and one 80 mm - $29

Biostar Motherboard with 8GB of ram - $72 (got it on sale)

650 Watt PSU - $29 (crosair that i got lucky to get on Ebay)

AMD quad Core CPU @ 3.8 GHz unlocked and overclocked @ 4.2 - $125 (was on sale) comes with integrated HD Radeon 7660D (say what u want but this has played alot of games perfectly fine on normal settings IE: Black ops2,Crysis 2,ect.)

800GB HDD - $49 (i went cheap on this cuz i already have an SSD 120GB )

Now i know u dudes wanna play super duper high quality settings but theres no need for me to do so. But say if i did,i can pitch in another $200 for a decent graphics card and ill have basically a system that can run games on high settings no problem.

But that set up alone that i posted has played every game i ran into on normal with zero lag or problems. And it plays smoothly. So again,u can get a good rig for less then $400

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
He didn't. You can't. Not one you'd want to claim anyways. I must have missed that spec list...

yes i did. Yes you can. And who gives a shyt what your system is built with so as long as you can play smoothly. Yea i dont have graphic cards with their own fans and water hoses running through my shyt but i can enjoy most games with no problems...You'd be stupid to spend all that money just so u can have a known or "high end" PC rig/card

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

how?

It can be done, but will have to crunch the numbers everywhere and get a used video card for about $75. I got the batmobile 5770 for $60 shipped with an aftermarket cooler and ran everything fine for a budget build I put together. Not going to max bf3 or anything, but very capable until you want to upgrade down the line.

Got two 40gb hard drives at Amazon for $22 shipped from the seller "goharddrive" and put them in a raid 0 config. $50 motherboard, Intel G540, case, 8GB ram, 500w psu and you will run everything at medium to high. Might be able to squeeze in a 30gb ssd to boot into Windows fast :win:

Obviously not the best, but it can be done and will shyt on the 360 and ps3 and will leave you ready for the next gen with ivy bridge compatibility, pci express 3/usb 3 and sata 3

Sent from my LG Nitro using Tapatalk breh

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
It can be done, but will have to crunch the numbers everywhere and get a used video card for about $75. I got the batmobile 5770 for $60 shipped with an aftermarket cooler and ran everything fine for a budget build I put together. Not going to max bf3 or anything, but very capable until you want to upgrade down the line.

Got two 40gb hard drives at Amazon for $22 shipped from the seller "goharddrive" and put them in a raid 0 config. $50 motherboard, Intel G540, case, 8GB ram, 500w psu and you will run everything at medium to high. Might be able to squeeze in a 30gb ssd to boot into Windows fast :win:

Obviously not the best, but it can be done and will shyt on the 360 and ps3 and will leave you ready for the next gen with ivy bridge compatibility

Sent from my LG Nitro using Tapatalk breh

thats what im saying. Even if i got a good graphics card used or refurbished,my system would still fall under $600. Dudes up in here spending $1200 + to build a system. :wow: