how hard is it to build your own PC?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Props.

So basically, I can install one of these, and use a Windows 8 key and get Windows 8 like that?

Yep as long as its valid...Also back on your question definitely use a flash drive rather than a cd if possible (can link you to a guide to make the bootable flash drive if you want)... It takes less than half the time to install for me.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yep as long as its valid...Also back on your question definitely use a flash drive rather than a cd if possible (can link you to a guide to make the bootable flash drive if you want)... It takes less than half the time to install for me.

What about an SD card?/Android phone? Don't have a flash drive
:guilty:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

If you have a SD Card to USB adapter you might be able to do it..Id suggest copping a nice 8-16 GB USB drive though. They're cheap as hell now and come in handy... Otherwise you can just burn a DVD and do it the old way.

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps

Those are Windows 7 iso files, btw. Not Windows 8. Though those can be found. Check out this forum for all things hacky on Windows. Great site.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forum.php

And no, you can't use a phone as you can't load the drivers to access it. But an 8 gig flash drive can be had for less than $10. No reason not to have one lying around. Or, you can get a usb adapter for micro sd cards for a few bucks and use the card in your phone that way.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

But I'd just get an actual usb drive. They tend to be faster than microsd on average.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I'm shooting for 16 now since it's fairly affordable.

If the next gen consoles are 8-16gb, your PC might actually have a lot of trouble running the games with 16gb of ram. Maybe not the first gen of games, but definitely the 2nd generation. A closed architecture like that is much easier to optimize than our PCs.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
If the next gen consoles are 8-16gb, your PC might actually have a lot of trouble running the games with 16gb of ram. Maybe not the first gen of games, but definitely the 2nd generation. A closed architecture like that is much easier to optimize than our PCs.

i seriously doubt that next gen consoles will be 8-16gb ram.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
i seriously doubt that next gen consoles will be 8-16gb ram.

I did too, however all the reports are saying the development kits have 8-16gb, maybe that translates to 4-8gb since Dev kits typically have twice as much ram. Even then, that's going to make for some pretty powerful machines that will force a lot of people to upgrade their PCs.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Very good point. I wouldn't have a problem with just having to upgrade RAM, but it sucks when your whole rig becomes obsolete because one part depends on another which depends on another...

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i just built a new rig with 16gb ram...i'll be damned if a console is gonna make my shyt obsolete.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
i just built a new rig with 16gb ram...i'll be damned if a console is gonna make my shyt obsolete.

My point was about one computer component making another obsolete, not a console.

I don't game, but if I did, I don't think I would try keeping up at the rate tech moves.