how hard is it to build your own PC?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Depends on what you're using the server for, but unless you're hosting a website or database or something a hardware RAID might be a little much. No need to spend hundreds to back up your pr0n. :heh:

:russ: Hard times are coming breh

I can get a used RAID card on eBay for about $40, so the option isn't far fetched. I'm already planning to buy some more drives, so it would be a minimal cost.

Otherwise, I'm gonna need to buy a new board cause I'm slowly filling up drives and I want to upgrade to a full sata III 6.0 Gb/s slots and drive config.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If anybody cares...

TigerDirect will have a OCZ 256GB SSD for 99 bucks tomorrow for Cyber Monday. I already got an Intel joint, I'm just posting in case anyone was interested. The flyer says it's in store only though.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Well to me the AMD is perfect if u making your own system. Its fast and inexpensive. so :manny:

I agree I am using a AMD FX 8150 Black Edition 3.6GHz Eight-Core Socket AM3 and I love it with no complaints. I really don't understand the hate it was getting and I am playing the push it to the limit video games such as planetside etcc on max.

Intel is overpriced for no reason. You paying for the name

HitEmUp

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree I am using a AMD FX 8150 Black Edition 3.6GHz Eight-Core Socket AM3 and I love it with no complaints. I really don't understand the hate it was getting and I am playing the push it to the limit video games such as planetside etcc on max.

i agree. I also got the fx processor and it's just as good. Its like getting nikes over reebok

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
i agree. I also got the fx processor and it's just as good. Its like getting nikes over reebok

Yeah I just built a PC a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I got the bundle with a GigaByte motherboard and the shyt awesome from MicroCenter for less than 240. Microcenter is the best place to grab PC hardware and software in pieces. The motherboard was over 100 dollars plus.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

no hate. dude made a claim that the amd was better than an i5. anyway it turns out he was comparing the performance of a laptop chip with a desktop chip, on 2 completely different systems

honestly Planetside 2 ain't shyt as far as games that will push your system. try running Metro 2033, Arma 2, Empire/Shogun 2 Total War, Crysis, etc on 'max'

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
no hate. dude made a claim that the amd was better than an i5. anyway it turns out he was comparing the performance of a laptop chip with a desktop chip, on 2 completely different systems

honestly Planetside 2 ain't shyt as far as games that will push your system. try running Metro 2033, Arma 2, Empire/Shogun 2 Total War, Crysis, etc on 'max'

Man you had me cracking up that night i send you a message saying loser out the blue just bulshyting and you was like what? and went away.

Yeah I gotta but Crysis and I am new to this PC shyt.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Man you had me cracking up that night i send you a message saying loser out the blue just bulshyting and you was like what? and went away.

yeah, I wasn't sure what that was about. I'm still not sure...

did you like Blacklight Retribution?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i just put together my new rig.
3rd gen i5
16 gigs ram, 1600 mhz
gtx 560 ti
sound blaster audigy card
700 watt psu
cool master haf tower

i still need to get a dvd drive for it...other than that it is full beast mode.

i gotta get a dvd drive

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

:mindblown:

I'm not going to get into it with you buffoons.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:mindblown:

I'm not going to get into it with you buffoons.
AMD has disappointed me with their big bulldozer fail, but the CPU is really not that important right now when it comes to games and you know it.

Hell you can get an Intel G530 and run almost any game you want NICE as long as your video card is a beast. Things will probably change once the next gen drops tho, but even then I think a high end AMD will be fine until about 2015-2016 or so.