How good was prime Tim Duncan? At his peak was he the best player of the 2000s?

At his peak and prime was duncan the best player of the 2000s?

• Yes

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I was watching some old Dungawd highlights and its CRAZY the level of competition he was getting his numbers and championships against.

Shaq on Monday

Sheed on Wednesday

Dirk on Thursday

Garnett on Sunday

Young Amare on Tuesday

Imagine 5 games and the WORST big you play against is either Sheed or Young Amare :wow:

Now I'm watching Jokic and Embiid get they numbers and mvp's against Jarrett Allen, Wendall Carter, Nic Claxton, and Rashaun Holmes :scust:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Hated Tim Duncan and the Spurs as a youngin. But I grew up really appreciate Duncan at the end of his career

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The shyt he did in year 2 is probably the most criminally underrated and underdiscussed shyt ever.

Took on prime Shaq and young Kobe and Glen Rice and swept them out the Forum without a teammate avg more than 14 ppg...at barely 23 years old. :wow:

This impoverished bum's mo is so transparent :mjlol:

His reign at the top was short like leprechauns.

Best player in the league from ‘03 to ‘05. Wasn’t better than Shaq in ‘02 even though he won MVP.
Never missed the playoffs never did win 50 games respect ”The Don”

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
The shyt he did in year 2 is probably the most criminally underrated and underdiscussed shyt ever.

Took on prime Shaq and young Kobe and Glen Rice and swept them out the Forum without a teammate avg more than 14 ppg...at barely 23 years old. :wow:

That '99 Spurs squad doesn't get the proper respect it deserves due to being a lockout season with a lot of players out of shape. Went 15-2 in the POs. The best or 2nd best (after '14) Spurs team ever.

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I’m biased. But I’m also right. Tim Duncan is the best, most effective basketball player since Jordan. The way he played basketball on offense from the low and high post allowed other less talented players to excel around him in a way that his contemporaries could not. This is why he had more career success than Dirk and KG and Rasheed and Webber who all to some extent were more versatile offensive players.

And his defensive ability covered up so many deficiencies of teammates that the Spurs were able to plug many different types of non defensive one dimensional players around him during his career. This is why his teams were consistently winning games and championships. His 5 rings are only rivaled by Kobe i. The post Jordan era. Kobe had another dominant top 10 great in his prime during the first half of his run.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I’m biased. But I’m also right. Tim Duncan is the best, most effective basketball player since Jordan. The way he played basketball on offense from the low and high post allowed other less talented players to excel around him in a way that his contemporaries could not. This is why he had more career success than Dirk and KG and Rasheed and Webber who all to some extent were more versatile offensive players.

And his defensive ability covered up so many deficiencies of teammates that the Spurs were able to plug many different types of non defensive one dimensional players around him during his career. This is why his teams were consistently winning games and championships. His 5 rings are only rivaled by Kobe i. The post Jordan era. Kobe had another dominant top 10 great in his prime during the first half of his run.

:wow: