How good was prime Tim Duncan? At his peak was he the best player of the 2000s?

At his peak and prime was duncan the best player of the 2000s?

• Yes

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters

Roger king

Superstar
Daps

For older NBA watchers and people watching for decades now i was a bit too young to watch tim in his prime and the first serious i saw was the 2014 finals against the heat where he was not an elite player . How good was prime tim duncan at his peak? Who is the closest comparison in the modern NBA?To be first team all NBA within a year of getting drafted is insane

Last edited:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
For a year or two he was THE best player in the league. He's considered as the greatest center playing as a PF in history. For most of his prime a top 5 player ,so yea
I would argue he was the best player for more than that, he had 10 first team all nba selections from 1998 to 2007, while winning 3 mvps in that span, that indicates to be way more than two years.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Its literally insane to me that he was first team all nba within 1 year of making the league, so within a year he was already a top 5 player in the premier basketball league.

His game was as NBA ready in college i’ve ever seen. 2nd team All NBA Defensively as well as a rookie

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Greatest player since Jordan.
I disagree but with his resume and accolades he certainly has a credible case, he was definitely the best player of the 2000s, he was already a top 5 player in the league within 1 year of being in the league , that is insane

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i was a bit too young to watch tim in his prime and the first serious serious i saw was the 2014 finals against the heat where he was not an elite player . How good was prime tim duncan at his peak?

I would argue he was the best player for more than that, .

😂TYPICAL LeGTB shyt

:devil:
:evil:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
He was a two way beast that anchored an annual contender for the entire decade with all kinds of moving parts around him. He gave Shaq the business whenever they played. The reason Pop can do or say whatever he wants with impunity.
How good was he on defense? I see he has several defensive selections but never won the award for defensive player of the year once, was he the consensus best player in that era?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His game was as NBA ready in college i’ve ever seen. 2nd team All NBA Defensively as well as a rookie

I disagree but with his resume and accolades he certainly has a credible case, he was definitely the best player of the 2000s, he was already a top 5 player in the league within 1 year of being in the league , that is insane
The shyt he did in year 2 is probably the most criminally underrated and underdiscussed shyt ever.

Took on prime Shaq and young Kobe and Glen Rice and swept them out the Forum without a teammate avg more than 14 ppg...at barely 23 years old. :wow:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How good was he on defense? I see he has several defensive selections but never won the award for defensive player of the year once, was he the consensus best player in that era?
Check those Spurs defensive ratings. Other guys came and went yet they were posted at or near the top of the league.

Wasnt a consensus because he wasnt flashy and didnt have stupid block totals. But again, check those Spurs defensive rating :heh: