How does The Root feel about The Nation of Islam?

How do you feel?

• I believe it is good and most things about it are positive

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • I believe some of the things about it are good but majority is bad

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I believe it is negative but is not a hindrance to black advancement

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I believe it is negative and definitely hurts more than helps

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm aware. I've discussed the noi to the point of ad nauseum on this site..
So how can you say fukk the noi.?..

when over 90% of the conscious black Americakkans started off getting knowledge and developing because of the NOI, NOI spin off groups, the Auto Bio of Malcolm x and related things.

I mean they literally saved our 'collective' minds .

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO,the NOI is what the Cacs cant stand:blacks shutting down drug dealers and actively helping other blacks economically is no no! Gaddafi was ready to lend a billion dollars to them some years back-anyone have the back story? Ofc you already know the USG wasn't having that!
The NOI shows how Christianity has literally made us into sheep bleating about the hereafter while collectively suffering Ls like no one else in history.
However,on this dianetics,I'm not sure.....
And,btw,I've read that Fard was New Zealander,part Maori.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The Nation of Islam, even if you don't agree with their ideologies was the best thing to happen to Blacks as whole. If we had followed their principles, such as reading Eat to Live by Elijah Muhammed, our diets would be so much better. If we exercised and stayed away from weed and liquor. All of their initiatives were actionable with just a little organization. Even with White Supremacy over our heads they bought property and land brokered deals all for the betterment of our people. The NOI and Malcom X, encouraged us to read books, and expand our minds. To engage in critical thought and to use the system to our advantage. They didn't just preach group economics but practiced it and it worked.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
They are good for the uplifting of black people but that's about it.

Like any other religion, it's a temporary "fix" or bandaid, but ultimately not the solution for black people or anyone else.

Also, the 5% nation is NOT a split off from the NOI. One is a religion, and one deals with mathematics. We don't dismiss the founder of the 5%(Allah) history with the NOI, but we are not the same. Two totally different nations.

Peace
Your own lessons would show these statements to be false, but whatever

The fundamental difference between The Nation of Islam and the 5%ers is that
the Five Percenters like the doctrine, but they're unwilling and/or unable to take on the discipline
the Five Percenters like the consciousness, but they're unwilling and/or unable to to take on the commitment

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
The NOI is a criminal organization. fukk them too.
As someone who has exposure to the NOI..I'mma let y'all nikkas know that it has turned into a criminal enterprise.

Show us the conspiracy charges against The Nation of Islam
Show us the R.I.C.O. Law indictments

NOI detractors are quick to bring up this notion of "criminal activity" and the notion that "they only fight and harm other Black people."

The Nation of Islam has a proven track record of effectively going in to the jails and penitentiaries and rehabilitating some of our worst criminals. Many of the NOI temples mosques and other establishments are located in the worst neighborhoods. No other Black organization welcomes, cleans up, and refines the lowest and most shunned Black people in America. So when an ex-con NOI member, or a NOI member fresh off the street, does something reprehensible, consider how many other Black people and organizations thumbed their noses at, and turned their backs on them. Consider how many other Black people would not even give them the Time of day. I've seen it posted many Times on this site that the "low down" element of the Black community needs to be "purged." However The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that some of his best followers are still in the street.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
IMO,the NOI is what the Cacs cant stand:blacks shutting down drug dealers and actively helping other blacks economically is no no! Gaddafi was ready to lend a billion dollars to them some years back-anyone have the back story? Ofc you already know the USG wasn't having that!
The NOI shows how Christianity has literally made us into sheep bleating about the hereafter while collectively suffering Ls like no one else in history.
However,on this dianetics,I'm not sure.....
And,btw,I've read that Fard was New Zealander,part Maori.
I Believe Gaddafi said if Black Americans formed an army he would train and fund them or something to that extent.
:whoo:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm still a Muslim. That is, my religion is still Islam. My religion is still Islam. I still credit Mr. Mohammed for what I know and what I am. He's the one who opened my eyes. At present, I'm the Minister of the newly founded Muslim Mosque, Incorporated, which has its offices in the Teresa Hotel, right in the heart of Harlem -- that's the black belt in New York city

Malcolm X after he left the nation:francis:

Daps
I can get with most of the things that they say. Some stuff :whoa: though.

I think that I respect them more than I agree with them. If that makes since. It almost feels like they distance themselves from other blacks. When things go down in the community they're usually silent unless if effects them

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I can get with most of the things that they say. Some stuff :whoa: though.

I think that I respect them more than I agree with them. If that makes since. It almost feels like they distance themselves from other blacks. When things go down in the community they're usually silent unless if effects them
Silent like how? Farrakhan gives commentary on every major event, and if you are talking marching and trying to shame racist into accepting you, that stuff is for the birds, Elijah said that from day one.

And they essentially have an idealology of being seperate, so if you are a black on that intergration tip you most def wont see them, NOI has a presence in almost every black community in America. Lol if you never seen them selling Bean Pies and and Final Calls on the corner you obviously live somewhere blacks are far and few.

Daps
Silent like how? Farrakhan gives commentary on every major event, and if you are talking marching and trying to shame racist into accepting you, that stuff is for the birds, Elijah said that from day one.

And they essentially have an idealology of being seperate, so if you are a black on that intergration tip you most def wont see them, NOI has a presence in almost every black community in America. Lol if you never seen them selling Bean Pies and and Final Calls on the corner you obviously live somewhere blacks are far and few.

They usually sell fruit around here. I know they're against integration. I'm talking about outreach. I think they could have a lot of influence on the young boys. But I get the feeling that if your not willing to join, they're not going to spend a lot of time on you.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They usually sell fruit around here. I know they're against integration. I'm talking about outreach. I think they could have a lot of influence on the young boys. But I get the feeling that if your not willing to join, they're not going to spend a lot of time on you.

They do have out reach, ive seen numerous time they go door to door and hold events its just black folks in America cant get past the Islamic stigma. black folks treat the NOI like they treat Jehovas Witnesses

Daps
They do have out reach, ive seen numerous time they go door to door and hold events its just black folks in America cant get past the Islamic stigma. black folks treat the NOI like they treat Jehovas Witnesses

Lol. Maybe so. I've always found them interesting. Just can't get down with all the restrictions

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
thekyuke said:

LOL @ 'Christianity' being the cause. Stop displacing the blame.

We KNOW who the actual perpetrators are, when it began, and why it was done......

9780860916604_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

EDIT: 'Black' Christians and 'Black' Muslims are not at odds with one another. The 'White man' just keeps making them think they are.​

Last edited:

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Your own lessons would show these statements to be false, but whatever

The fundamental difference between The Nation of Islam and the 5%ers is that
the Five Percenters like the doctrine, but they're unwilling and/or unable to take on the discipline
the Five Percenters like the consciousness, but they're unwilling and/or unable to to take on the commitment

Gtfoh with that bs.

First of all, those degrees Do not exclusively belong to the NOI, because the information existed long before the NOI. All Elijah did was put it into the question/answer format we see today. Those degrees are NOT our holy bible or quran, they are simply a blueprint we use along with supreme mathematics since the founder of the 5% nation was at one time in the NOI but left.

2nd. The true and living Gods and Earths were and still are on point! When Elijah passed away the NOI was sinking quickly until Farrakhan took over. They were slacking on the supreme wisdom(and still are to this day), while the Gods and Earths had(and still do) these degrees on cap. Just because we don't wear a suit and tie all the time or follow another man does not mean we are not disciplined. If you truly think everyone in the NOI is right and exact then you are very naive.

Peace