How does a small town Bama have the authority to speak on the origins of hip hop ?

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Bumfukk is the town, not the breh.
And we all have roots in Africa but that didn't stop yall from cutting any and all associations. Make. Up. Your. Mind.

I am not talking about some ancient empire/tribe that doesn't exist any longer.

The breh from some town in Iowa has roots, i.e. family and a lineage he can trace to the south. He can find records and people he is related to in the south. He also likely goes to family reunions where he gets to interact with his family from the south.

Those are the roots I am talking about.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I am not talking about some ancient empire/tribe that doesn't exist any longer.

The breh from some town in Iowa has roots, i.e. family and a lineage he can trace to the south. He can find records and people he is related to in the south. He also likely goes to family reunions where he gets to interact with his family from the south.

Those are the roots I am talking about.
What roots do Tariq or you have to New York :unimpressed:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Like I said in my second post, family members. And rap/hip-hop was created using different ADOS musical art forms.

and read:

Post in thread 'How does a small town Bama have the authority to speak on the origins of hip hop ?' https://www.thecoli.com/threads/how...-the-origins-of-hip-hop.1033089/post-52700663
More Double Dutch. Hip Hop grew out of genres that grew out of traditional African music carried over but yall raise hell when anyone says that. You are not your family members, I'm not sure what kinda mystical osmosis is occuring between you and them that gives you any right to claim Hip Hop but its bullshyt. If you're gonna delineate, then delineate: ADONY, FBONY, etc are just as valid as ADOS and FBA.

I'm just going off the rules yall swear yall want :yeshrug:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
More Double Dutch. Hip Hop grew out of genres that grew out of traditional African music carried over but yall raise hell when anyone says that. You are not your family members, I'm not sure what kinda mystical osmosis is occuring between you and them that gives you any right to claim Hip Hop but its bullshyt. If you're gonna delineate, then delineate: ADONY, FBONY, etc are just as valid as ADOS and FBA.

I'm just going off the rules yall swear yall want :yeshrug:

A straw man fallacy (sometimes written as strawman) is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That isn't "flat Blackness."

:snoop:

ADOS = Freedmen (men and women) whose ancestors were enslaved in what is now known as the United States of America.

Foundational Black American = Freedmen (men and women) whose ancestors were enslaved in what is now known as the United States of America. FBA ancestors built the U.S. and were foundational to it prospering.
He knows that. He’s just playing dumb/tether babbling.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
What's the OP again?

How does a small town Bama have the authority to speak on the origins of hip hop ?

How am I creating a strawman if this is literally the topic :unimpressed:

"If you're gonna delineate, then delineate: ADONY, FBONY, etc are just as valid as ADOS and FBA."

Fallacies of Ambiguity involve some confusion over meaning, specifically over the members referred to by a term used in the argument.

+ Strawman

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
"If you're gonna delineate, then delineate: ADONY, FBONY, etc are just as valid as ADOS and FBA."

+ Strawman
If someone says "We all black", yall get on a sermon about the difference in lives experiences, etc. Now you wanna tell me "We all ADOS" as if there isn't distinct differences. As if New York ain't tell us ALL from other states that were not making Real Hip Hop. Ain't NANN one of yall address that Outkast

Cognitive dissonance is the discomfort a person feels when their behavior does not align with their values or beliefs. Cognitive dissonance is a psychological phenomenon that occurs when a person holds two contradictory beliefs at the same time.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
If someone says "We all black", yall get on a sermon about the difference in lives experiences, etc. Now you wanna tell me "We all ADOS" as if there isn't distinct differences. As if New York ain't tell us ALL from other states that were not making Real Hip Hop. Ain't NANN one of yall address that Outkast

Cognitive dissonance is the discomfort a person feels when their behavior does not align with their values or beliefs. Cognitive dissonance is a psychological phenomenon that occurs when a person holds two contradictory beliefs at the same time.

"Cognitive dissonance" doesn't apply here. You made up a new term and definition. You then tried to say those terms and definitions - that you made up - was my logic and the logic of those who delineate.

Like I said before:

+ Strawman

:francis:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
"Cognitive dissonance" doesn't apply here. You made up a new term and definition. You then tried to say those terms and definitions - that you made up - was my logic and the logic of those who delineate.
It does, the dissonance is getting in the way of you accepting that.

Somebody made up "ADOS" and "FBA" Five years ago but that didn't stop your grown self from embracing them and talking as if its a real life thing so what difference does it make when *I* decide to acknowledge ADONY and FBNY? :dahell: