How does a small town Bama have the authority to speak on the origins of hip hop ?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Nah, He mentioned FBAs in that docu, the biggest being, Grand Master Flowers

That's a troll you are responding to who obviously never even watched the documentary. He's not serious about this topic at all.

That docu was more about the DJ/music scene and little about the early MCs. It doesn't touch on bboys or specifically the "HipHop" aesthetic

Why are you mentioning BBoys and Hip Hop aesthetic when I'm responding to someone saying Tariq will set the record straight when Afrika Bambatta and Zulu Nation said decades prior that Hip Hop is colorless and that it is Black Brown and white? How can anyone who has absolutely nothing to do with Hip Hop or it's foundation say otherwise? One example, Afrika Bambatta was the one who embraced the Japanese taking breaking to new heights in the 2000's and said it was a good thing and that he envisioned Hip Hop being worldwide. He said this on Ralph Mcdaniels show.

I'm going to believe someone who was actually part of the foundation over someone who wasn't.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
@BrothaZay has a point. Any other time yall are talking this "Flat Blackness/Tether" bullshyt but as soon as its someone yall are gay for...
friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

Why can't Black Americans from NY delineate the same way yall have delineated on everything else? :jbhmm: They have a completely different Lived Experience from some on in Alabama or California, etc. So why is it okay for any them to speak on these things? :leostare:

Nah I really need to know :ufdup:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
But he's not ADONY/FBNY. He's "tethering" on and tryna "lump himself in" over so called sameness.

I don't make the rules, yall did.
NYC been gatekeeping :manny:

There is no such thing as FBNY/ADONY. Black American (ADOS) is an ethnic group that is indigenous to the United States of America. Many (or most) ADOS have family members all over the United States. And at our family reunions we learn what our country-folk are doing in another part of the country.

My immediate family is Midwestern and we have been in the Midwest since the mid-1800s where we moved from the south. I still have family on the West Coast, South, and East Coast. And when I leave the Midwest to go anywhere else in the country, I usually stay with family.

Some of y'all don't understand how close-knit ADOS families are in the U.S...

:manny:

Also, for a lesson in rap/hip-hop history...

That's that slick sh1t people try pulling like most of the Aframs of that period weren't from the South/1st gen born in NY. Yes, people from Alabama were part of that migration to NY

The NY population that birthed the cultural backdrop to the early days of HipHop was overwhelmingly Southern in origin

vAT4qS9.png

VofxMb5.png

M1WVKVK.png

dbZFqon.png

LuwGygF.png

IxSvzp5.png

75GXBLO.png

eLtHemZ.png

this is why Herc immersed himself in Afram dj club/culture and playlists

Eb4HUEN.jpg

AVJcoA4.jpg

and basically "Aframnized" his Jamaican heritage to fit in

jgdlWaY.jpg

...you can hear this straight from herc's childhood friends

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Ralph McDaniels is Jamaican & his Hip Hop documentary leaves out many of the original FBAs who were involved with the foundation/origins of Rap/Hip Hop.

Proper reading & apprehension are fundamental.

many
man·y
/ˈmenē/
https://www.google.com/search?clien...2ahUKEwj3w72B-pKGAxWYk4kEHfQYBE8Q3eEDegQIOBAM
determiner · adjective

1. a large number of.

Nah, He mentioned FBAs in that docu, the biggest being, Grand Master Flowers (South Carolina)

and the other being, Pete Dj Jones (North Carolina)

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That's a troll you are responding to who obviously never even watched the documentary. He's not serious about this topic at all.

Why are you mentioning BBoys and Hip Hop aesthetic when I'm responding to someone saying Tariq will set the record straight when Afrika Bambatta and Zulu Nation said decades prior that Hip Hop is colorless and that it is Black Brown and white? How can anyone who has absolutely nothing to do with Hip Hop or it's foundation say otherwise?

I'm going to believe someone who was actually part of the foundation over someone who wasn't.

HipHop was around before Bambatta was a DJ , even by his own admission

What became HipHop was connected to "Black" gangs

who were enemies to/and warred with "Latin" gangs

Baam saying that HipHop is/was colorless was an ideal he may have wanted to be true but that wasn't the actual reality of 1970s Bronx

Charlie Chases' history in HipHop as a Rican, let's us know that wasn't true

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
There is no such thing as FBNY/ADONY. Black American (ADOS) is an ethnic group that is indigenous to the United States of America. Many (or most) ADOS have family members all over the United States. And at our family reunions we learn what our country-folk are doing in another part of the country.

My immediate family is Midwestern and we have been in the Midwest since the mid-1800s where we moved from the south. I still have family on the West Coast, South, and East Coast. And when I leave the Midwest to go anywhere else in the country, I usually stay with family.

Some of y'all don't understand how close-knit ADOS families are in the U.S...

:manny:

Also, for a lesson in rap/hip-hop history...
How is there "no such thing"? Cause you say so? There's literally families foundational to the state and the creation of hip hop. This Double Dutch ass game of deciding when it is or isn't okay to delineate isn't gonna fly, yall gotta make up your mind.

Tariq wasn't born in NY, raised there, or even lived there to my knowledge so wgat authority does he have???

See how quickly you fell into "Flat Blackness"? :ufdup:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
How is there "no such thing"? Cause you say so? There's literally families foundational to the state and the creation of hip hop. This Double Dutch ass game of deciding when it is or isn't okay to delineate isn't gonna fly, yall gotta make up your mind.

Tariq wasn't born in NY, raised there, or even lived there to my knowledge so wgat authority does he have???

See how quickly you fell into "Flat Blackness"? :ufdup:

That isn't "flat Blackness."

:snoop:

ADOS = Freedmen (men and women) whose ancestors were enslaved in what is now known as the United States of America.

Foundational Black American = Freedmen (men and women) whose ancestors were enslaved in what is now known as the United States of America. FBA ancestors built the U.S. and were foundational to it prospering.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
My bad. I thought I was talking to someone who knew Hip Hop history. These are not the words of a real Hip Hop head. Didn't know I was talking to a troll. Carry on.

Watch your tone/delivery & there won't be a problem with constructive discussion/dialog. :ufdup:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
HipHop was around before Bambatta was a DJ , even by his own admission

Baam saying that HipHop is/was colorless was an ideal he may have wanted to be true but that wasn't the actual reality of 1970s Bronx

No.

You're going left. Let's bring it back.

I'm comparing the authenticity of Ralph McDaniel to Tariq Nasheed when it comes to hip hop.

Again, Bam said on Ralph McDaniel show in the late 2000s that he "envisioned" Hip hop being worldwide and then spoke about Japanese breakdancers in the 2000s. I'm not talking about what Bam was dealing with in the 70s. I'm talking about what Bam said he "envisioned" for Hip hop in the future during Hip Hops birth. He embraced Japanese break dancers. He wasn't doing that Tariq Nasheed nonsense of separating them and saying they are cultural appropriating.

That's the point I'm making when I say I will believe someone who is actually a part of the foundation over someone who isn't. I'll take the word of 2 actual hip hop legends who are actually a part of the foundation of the culture over someone who has no foundation in hip hop at all.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
That isn't "flat Blackness." You just don't know what you're talking about and making a fool of yourself once again.

:snoop:

ADOS = Freedmen (men and women) whose ancestors were enslaved in what is now known as the United States of America.

Foundational Black American = Freedmen (men and women) whose ancestors were enslaved in what is now known as the United States of America. FBA ancestors built the U.S. and were foundational to it prospering.
The creation of Hip Hop and its Five Elements was an experience UNIQUE to NYC alone. No one else can say that. And New Yorkers let us know that for decades :stopitslime: You're pushing the same "pannie babble" yall swear yall hate and needs to end. Make up your mind.

Tariq, you, and anyone else NOT from NY tryna talk as some authority are being tethers right now. You don't get to just claim it cause "I'm a Black American too"

Tair

Superstar
Daps
The creation of Hip Hop and its Five Elements was an experience UNIQUE to NYC alone. No one else can say that. And New Yorkers let us know that for decades :stopitslime: You're pushing the same "pannie babble" yall swear yall hate and needs to end. Make up your mind.

Tariq, you, and anyone else NOT from NY tryna talk as some authority are being tethers right now. You don't get to just claim it cause "I'm a Black American too"

The people that created hip-hop were ADOS/Freedmen.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Watch your tone/delivery & there won't be a problem with constructive discussion/dialog. :ufdup:

But you started when you quoted me first giving misinformation that Illmatic corrected you on. Your delivery was way off first. Plenty of FBAs were acknowledged in that docu so you saying that confirmed you didn't even watch it and wasn't trying to have a constructive discussion. You brought up ethnicity for no reason at all on top of speaking misinformation about the docu and it came off as trolling. Your unprovoked delivery was not constructive dialog.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
From New York :stopitslime:
Quit acting dense. You b*stards loved running this shyt when the joke wasn't on you and now all of a sudden wE'rE aLL tHe SaMe... Flat Blackness :camby:

"Same... Flat Blackness"

This is where you are running into problems.

ADOS/Freedmen = an ethnic group originating in the U.S.A.

Nigerian/'insert African nation' = from the country of Nigeria/'insert African nation'

Caribbean = from the Caribbeans

ADOS/Freedmen =/= African =/= Caribbean

Rap/hip-hop was born out of ADOS/Freedmen culture, so is an ADOS/Freedmen musical art form.