How does a small town Bama have the authority to speak on the origins of hip hop ?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
You're being disingenuous :heh:
You're being avoidant.
Shoulda stayed with the rest of em avoiding that clip if you weren't ready to address the implications :ufdup:

You at least gave it a shot though, so I'll give you that much and respect to boot :ehh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
LOL. More confirmation you don't know Hip Hop history. Red Alert was in that Microphone Check trailer. Red Alert represents the beginning of Hip Hop on the radio and Mr Magic is Puerto Rican. Red Alert is West Indian. Check Mate.

:sas2:

HipHop began as early 1970...none of these people you just mentioned were there at that time

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
HipHop began as early 1970...none of these people you just mentioned were there at that time

:dahell:

Why are you mentioning early 70's if I'm talking about the first Hip Hop DJs on NYC radio which was the 80's?

U need to stop jumping all over the place posting irrelevant videos as a distraction from what I'm actually saying. You lose credibility doing that. Especially after ignoring my last response to you while interjecting yourself in a convo that didnt even involve you. I wasn't even addressing you in that comment. You know who else wasn't around in the early 70's? Tariq Nasheed who you already gave more credibility to over Afrika Bambatta.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:what:

How can you say he isn't in a position to speak on the culture as a whole when he already did it in the 80's 90's and 2000's and no one said otherwise?

This interview is from 1996

"How you act, walk, look and talk is all part of Hip Hop culture. And the music is colorless. Hip Hop music is made from Black, brown, yellow, red and white."

If what you are saying is true then why didn't Davey D (another Hip Hop legend) correct him during this interview and say. "You aren't in any position to be speaking on the culture as a whole" in 1996?

:jbhmm:

Why didn't the hip hop legend Ralph McDaniels correct him and say "You aren't in any position to be speaking on the culture as a whole" in the late 2000's?
:jbhmm:

Ralph McDaniels was in Brooklyn; he didn't know what was happening in the Bronx. Davey D on the other knows the truth. He posted this in 1999 on his website!

This Saturday [August 18th 2001] Hip Hop's pioneers will be coming out in full force to pay tribute to the memory of one of its legendary DJs who passed away a few years back-Disco King Mario. We often hear about the achievements of people like Bambaataa, Kool Herc and Grandmaster Flash, but very little is said about some of the other pioneers who also laid down much of the foundation we now call Hip Hop. Cats like Pete DJ Jones, Grand Wizard Theodore, the late DJ Flowers and of course Mario were key architects.

Disco King Mario never released no records. He didn't produce no major rap stars. I'm not even sure if he ever toured around the world once Hip Hop became known world wide. However, for those of us who were around back in the beginning days of the 70s, Disco King Mario who lived upstairs from my man DJ Paradise of X-Clan over in the Bronxdale Housing projects, was a household name. He was known for throwing some of Hip Hop's best jams and keeping the party going. He was staple in early Hip Hop whose name and his crew Chuck Chuck City was mentioned on many of the early tapes. One of Mario's unwritten contributions was how he gave
bamatmadison.gif
Afrika Bambaattaa a helping hand. He used loan Bam his dj equipment. Later on Bam would face Mario in his first official DJ battle. Back in the early days it was Disco King Mario who was at the top of heap and the man to beat

So I'm just supposed to ignore these official Hip Hop legends who publicly accepted what Bam said decades ago and co sign IllmaticDelta who has no foundation in Hip Hop at all yet is saying all of this in May of 2024. Ignore the legends, listen to some random name on a message board. Thats what you are saying I should do. And then on top of saying that you want me to acknowledge Tariq Nasheed, the same guy who said in 2018 that Kool Herc started Hip Hop. I repeat, the same guy who in 2018 said Kool Herc started Hip Hop. LOL. That's what u want me to do huh? Ignore Ralph McDaniels who had a docu saying there were FBAs before Herc in 2011 but accept Tariq Nasheed who 7 years after the fact in 2018 said Kool Herc created Hip Hop.

:heh:

see above, and

Baambatta's ideal of racial harmony in HipHop was part of his Zulu Nation plan but that wasn't how it actually played out in real time during the 1970s between the groups

that whole "we're all one" sentiment via Zulu Nation, came more by the early 1980s

prior to that, it was all "black" people

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Why are you mentioning early 70's if I'm talking about the first Hip Hop DJs on NYC radio which was the 80's?

U need to stop jumping all over the place posting irrelevant videos as a distraction from what I'm actually saying. You lose credibility doing that. Especially after ignoring my last response to you while interjecting yourself in a convo that didnt even involve you. I wasn't even addressing you in that comment. You know who else wasn't around in the early 70's? Tariq Nasheed who you already gave more credibility to over Afrika Bambatta.

because it has nothing to do with the origins/when the culture started:sas1:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Taking the narcissistic, attention starved, ego driven, bigoted and irrational tribalism of Tariq Nasheed and turning it on itself.

I'm actually intellectually impressed with a Zay thread.

I think breh has a point. Who is it that's really trying to distort the history of hip hop for their own personal gain? Caribbeans who lived in the Bronx and were clearly apart of the genre and culture from jump. Or pro-Trump country c00ns like Tariq and his ilk desperately pushing their own bigoted agendas, claiming Hip Hop was started in Mississippi by Southern Baptist church accapella groups.

Maybe down south country nikkas have no authority to speak on Hip Hop and should stay out of NY nikka business. That's the rules, correct?

:troll:
The level of reaching is embarrassing, anything to score points

Dodo birds equating regional music based rivalries with ethnic groups and diaspora is beyond intellectually embarrassing

You guys crash out over Tariq, with these desperate takes just like some of his supporters do. Same type of effect

Last edited:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
The level of reaching is embarrassing, anything to score points

Dodo birds equating regional music based rivalries with ethnic groups and diaspora is beyond intellectually embarrassing
I really don't get it, at all. It's like these people absolutely cannot exist and bond with other ethnic groups of black people unless they identify as them and they identify as us.

I will say that poster you quoted in particular has a lot of self hatred and loathing and generally looks down on ADOS people and ADOS culture. It's why he will never miss an opportunity to take a shot.

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Ralph McDaniels was in Brooklyn; he didn't know what was happening in the Bronx.
:ufdup:

Liar.

Your credibility is officially gone.

Ralph literally says he was DJing in the early 70's. This confirms that you not only don't know what you are talking about but you just make up shyt as you go.

@3:55 Ralph states that he was DJing doing the plugs in the lampost thing in the early 70's. And then he states he was DJing before Hip Hop was popular.

@16:55 Literally says he would get on the train and go to Bronx jams.

You are full of crap.

Ralph is doing a literal breakdown of Hip Hop in the 70's thru out this interview but according to you he wasnt aware of what was going on in the Bronx. GTFOH.

:camby:

You have been officially exposed as being full of crap. You lied on Ralphs history. Nothing you say from here on out is credible.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I really don't get it, at all. It's like these people absolutely cannot exist and bond with other ethnic groups of black people unless they identify as them and they identify as us.

I will say that poster you quoted in particular has a lot of self hatred and loathing and generally looks down on ADOS people and ADOS culture. It's why he will never miss an opportunity to take a shot.
I “get” it

They lived their entire existence really never giving a hard look at the idea of an actual crystallized and defined identity in the context of ethnicity. There base identity was rooted in blanket blackness, where they knew they were “black” and “American” but it ends there it doesn’t go deeper into an actual ethnicity based mindset

Which is why they are saying the stupid shyt they are in this very thread. “Ethnicity” is reserved for the rest of the diaspora, not us,to them. Pannyism is the most optimal form of blackness to them, so FBA/ADOS disrupts that for them

I grew up with dodo bird negros like that this city is full of them🤣so I understand completely

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps

Well bytch, maybe you should quote my takes on physical abuse to expose my hatred of ADOS people

:russ: :troll: :troll: :troll:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:ufdup:

Liar.

Your credibility is officially gone.

Ralph literally says he was DJing in the early 70's. This confirms that you not only don't know what you are talking about but you just make up shyt as you go.

@3:55 Ralph states that he was DJing doing the plugs in the lampost thing in the early 70's. And then he states he was DJing before Hip Hop was popular.

@16:55 Literally says he would get on the train and go to Bronx jams.

You are full of crap.

Ralph is doing a literal breakdown of Hip Hop in the 70's thru out this interview but according to you he wasnt aware of what was going on in the Bronx. GTFOH.

:camby:

You have been officially exposed as being full of crap. You lied on Ralphs history. Nothing you say from here on out is credible.

Ralph Mcdaniels was born in 1959; he wasn't djing sh1t within HIpHop in the years when it first started (circa 1970):russ::camby:

Ralph McDaniels (born February 27, 1959) :heh:

Come harder and better next time:pacspit:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps