How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:stopitslime:First off, stop homogenizing an entire continent. Africans didn’t sell their own people into slavery. They sold their enemies into slavery.

We have a fukked up way of looking at Africans and diminishing black peoples’ culture by lumping them all together in a black on black crime deflection argument.
Meanwhile, we overlook Hundred Year wars in white cultures. British vs Irish, Scottish. Viking Wars…Japanese vs Chinese…

Why do we assume everybody with dark skin is just one cultural group?

It differed depending on the civilization you speaking about on the continent.

Secondly, I inquire why we are so eager to help whites avoid accountability for their evils? Why are we deflecting to other cultures anyway? The Atlantic slave trade is unique in the way they systematically stripped African Americans of their human rights and set up laws to CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL TODAY.

I don’t wanna hear shyt else in these conversations. And yes I have had these conversations with people to their faces and will continue to do so.

I literally said everything here to myself, word for word.

I owe you one

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
U not understanding my point, if you kidnapped and sold slaves u are an evil person I don’t care what tribe you from or who I supposed to be
Sure but the alternative would have been to kill the captives, which would be okay? This whole discussion wouldn't even been happening if Africans were on some Mongol or early European time. This is why context is important.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
This isn't true. After several West/Central African Empires fell, most of the region was destabilized. Africans of one group sought power by battling other African groups. These groups preyed on one another. "White" traders didn't 'force' anyone into the fray. They didn't have to. It preceded their arrival by a few decades and they took advantage of an already available resource due to internal chaos.

The 'raiders' were Africans who already knew the areas while Europeans stayed on the shore waiting for 'deliveries' in relative safety.​
Untrue.

Lançarote de Freitas (Killed BY AFRICANS while capturing slaves in 1446)​

The Portuguese slave RAIDER, not trader went around the WestAfrican coast after unsuccessful attempts to find habitation and CAPTURED Africans and brought them back to Europe. After which the Portuguese and other European Duchies began colonizing lands like Sao Tome and encroaching on lands of various kingdoms like the Wolof (They supported the breakaway state of Cayor for example, then put pressure of them to keep slaves coming in much higher numbers)

These were people with advancesd weaponry that demanded slaves, this in turn lead to the proliferation of the trans Atlantic slave trade (Remember around this time Portugal is colonizing Brazil, a massive jungle at the time).

Me selling small amounts of coke to dudes on my block is very different than a policeman telling me I have to bring a million dollars in drug proceeds to him in order to not be subjugated.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You can’t prove that, and if that’s the case fukk them too
Yes we literally can. For every person who got kidnapped they also included their kidnappers with them in the boat later on down line when the missions came full circle. Again if you’re not well versed in African history in any way shape or form we can’t have this argument

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Africans sold other Africans from rival tribes to the Europeans and Spaniards, most of whom were prisoners of war. The slave trade was very lucrative for West Africa cuz the Europeans often gave them guns and various other goods in exchange for the slaves.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Black on black crime and slavery are two totally different things, Im not lumping all Africans together but at the end of the day people were kidnapping and selling other people and they are just as evil as the Europeans who raped tortured and killed slaves I don’t care who culture is diminished by that fact
The way Africans did slavery is different than the way Euros did slavery. Both suck but there was a difference, which is what fueled some issues between them. You can condemn both without conflating them.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Sure but the alternative would have been to kill the captives, which would be okay? This whole discussion wouldn't even been happening if Africans were on some Mongol or early European time. This is why context is important.
This what they don’t get. Your death is solidified either way. Choose your poison. Most people in their right mind are not ready to face death head on with a straight face. If they were we most likely wouldn’t be here

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Even within now defined ethnic groups, people would sell each other into slavery.
Why people think that Africans have always seen each other as belonging to the same group is an egregious failure of Pan-Africanism to be convincing to the very people it was created to benefit.​

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Untrue.

The Portuguese slave RAIDER, not trader went around the WestAfrican coast after unsuccessful attempts to find habitation and CAPTURED Africans and brought them back to Europe. After which the Portuguese and other European Duchies began colonizing lands like Sao Tome and encroaching on lands of various kingdoms like the Wolof (They supported the breakaway state of Cayor for example, then put pressure of them to keep slaves coming in much higher numbers)

These were people with advancesd weaponry that demanded slaves, this in turn lead to the proliferation of the trans Atlantic slave trade (Remember around this time Portugal is colonizing Brazil, a massive jungle at the time).

Me selling small amounts of coke to dudes on my block is very different than a policeman telling me I have to bring a million dollars in drug proceeds to him in order to not be subjugated.
i mean that shows he was killed less than a year into raiding and very early on before the americas were even found…you don’t think at some point 50 years later cacs realized it was safer to have humans brought to them on shore…and the tribes that it was more economical to sell to them rather than kill them?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Untrue.

Correction: the Slave Raider killed by Africans was

Nuno Tristão​

I confuse them since they were both white Portuguese slave raiders of African people that took their slaves with them to other continents.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
Hope you tell your ancestors that because your family definitely had some slave raiders down the line.

Breh have you been to Africa? You know how diverse that mf is? Are we talking about the Arabs? The Bantus? The Kushytes? The Nilhots? Who breh?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

It wasn't Africans "selling their own"

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

He sold a criminal who was banished from the kingdom.
Interesting.
it must be difficult having maga wite parents and family members right?
you have no experience with those people....
you have experience with your trailer park wite trash family members and parents

I know it must be difficult trying to be understand the wite struggle and pain
crt and voting rights etc
so sad
you have to have conversations with these dumbass magaz
"mom I agree cancel culture is bad"
tell your maga mamma I said hi
I meant to say some non FBA as it’s being called. What does that have to do with Maga? My experience is American blacks tend to include all people, but groups have let me know to my face, there is a distinction and we’re not the same. Why should I pretend? Non FBA many are also ppl of the Bible, but everyone tends to rag on American Blacks in my experience. I’m just a bit hurt. I have nothing against them and fight for them as well, but that’s how it feels. You didn’t even try to reassure me, you went straight to fake republican insults.

Last edited: