How do you manage all these passwords?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Over a year later I don't know how I lived with out Last Pass. I went through and changed my passwords that actually matter to random gibberish. Character strings be so long I never want to have to type them in.

One thing though Last Pass on the iPhone sucks, I like it way better on Android where it can run over any app rather than you having to switch apps to copy and paste.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I kinda just use the same password for everything. I just add some small differences to them all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I kinda just use the same password for everything. I just add some small differences to them all.
Still has the issue of how to remember them all. I forget my email password all the time because I forget which variant of the main password I used on it. I ended up putting it in my LastPass vault because I put two factor on both my emails anyway so it’s not like they’d get hacked. I also have two factor on my LastPass so it won’t easily get hacked either.

Using the same password everywhere burned me when I got a notification that somebody in Florida ordered an iPad using my Best Buy account. The problem is once one of these places gets compromised people will run your email and password at every major site till they get in.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Still has the issue of how to remember them all. I forget my email password all the time because I forget which variant of the main password I used on it. I ended up putting it in my LastPass vault because I put two factor on both my emails anyway so it’s not like they’d get hacked. I also have two factor on my LastPass so it won’t easily get hacked either.

Using the same password everywhere burned me when I got a notification that somebody in Florida ordered an iPad using my Best Buy account. The problem is once one of these places gets compromised people will run your email and password at every major site till they get in.

I forget my pass a lot of the times too. But I only did when I tried to be slick and come up with entirely new passwords that were long as well, thinking I would remember em. I really haven't had a problem with any hacking since Yahoo.

I only have one password written down and it's because my bro made the password for me. And it's my iphone app store account. Apple ID.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
I heard Last Pass is not that safe due to cloud technology but Kee Pass seems the better option. You save the information (bookmarks, passwords, and whatever) to a file. You then can use Google Drive, DropBox, or just the file itself to open it. It works on Android / Iphone. For firefox on the PC, you need the extension. The software for the PC is open sourced.

website
KeePass Password Safe

screen shot
1Ce6mZ2.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I heard Last Pass is not that safe due to cloud technology but Kee Pass seems the better option. You save the information (bookmarks, passwords, and whatever) to a file. You then can use Google Drive, DropBox, or just the file itself to open it. It works on Android / Iphone. For firefox on the PC, you need the extension. The software for the PC is open sourced.

website
KeePass Password Safe

screen shot
1Ce6mZ2.png
LastPass encrypts the file the same as any other. It's just more convenient they cloud store the encrypted file for you than you having to do it yourself. It would be tedious to have to update and reupload the file manually.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i just write down all my passwords in my notepad on my phone. if someone steals my passwords than :manny:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
LastPass encrypts the file the same as any other. It's just more convenient they cloud store the encrypted file for you than you having to do it yourself. It would be tedious to have to update and reupload the file manually.
I agree but Kee Pass does have a feature where you can use Cloud tech so you can synchronize the data. Correct me if i am wrong, but can you still use Last Pass if you are offline?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree but Kee Pass does have a feature where you can use Cloud tech so you can synchronize the data. Correct me if i am wrong, but can you still use Last Pass if you are offline?
I’m not sure there. I’ve never tried.

Edit: I tried on a Wi-Fi only iPad with Wi-Fi disabled and it still let me in my password vault with no internet. Not sure I’d ever use it when not online because I use it for passwords online.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Just started using Dashlane heavily over the past few weeks. I generated 50 character passes for all the major sites I use.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
There are too many passwords for too many random websites. It's getting out of hand. I have about 5 or so passwords I randomly use on all my sites but half the time I have to reset them because I forget which one I used where. I'm not sure I want to go with something like Lastpass because it isn't that much different than using the same password everywhere because once they get into the password vault they have all the passwords.

I just use my memory and a variation of the same 5 passwords.

Even if I forget I can grind my way to it eventually.

But then again,
I know Brazillian Jiujitsu so I've unlocked portions of my brain you could never fathom.