How do you manage all these passwords?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just use my memory and a variation of the same 5 passwords.

Even if I forget I can grind my way to it eventually.

But then again,
I know Brazillian Jiujitsu so I've unlocked portions of my brain you could never fathom.
I got 150 passwords in my LastPass vault. No way am I remembering what variation of what password I used at what site. Plus you need to change all these passwords at least once a year because websites get compromised. It's just too much for a human being to manage.

All Star
Daps
I heard Last Pass is not that safe due to cloud technology but Kee Pass seems the better option. You save the information (bookmarks, passwords, and whatever) to a file. You then can use Google Drive, DropBox, or just the file itself to open it. It works on Android / Iphone. For firefox on the PC, you need the extension. The software for the PC is open sourced.

website
KeePass Password Safe

screen shot
1Ce6mZ2.png

Read your statement again. Every talking point for KeePass makes it just as vulnerable as Last Pass.

Dropbox, Android, iOS, browsers, etc.

They're all just as susceptible to being compromised as Last Pass.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Read your statement again. Every talking point for KeePass makes it just as vulnerable as Last Pass.

Dropbox, Android, iOS, browsers, etc.

They're all just as susceptible to being compromised as Last Pass.
i hear you. a simple keylogger can do the trick.
i still like the idea of a password manager that you can use all devices.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I got 150 passwords in my LastPass vault. No way am I remembering what variation of what password I used at what site. Plus you need to change all these passwords at least once a year because websites get compromised. It's just too much for a human being to manage.

How would you compare it to 1password? I got it for android but not for PC, too much money lol.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I use a couple different passwords with varying complexity depending on how important the account is. A network security professor said he used the first letters of the lyrics to his favorite songs. For example, he said a song he liked was Prince's "when doves cry". He would take the lyric "Why Do We Scream At Each Other" to remember the password WDWSAEO. @Fatboi1 would implement this by taking "It's Raining Men, Hallelujah It's Raining Men Oh Yeah" for his password IRMHIRMOY. I don't use song lyrics but I pick important events and names to me and implement the same concept.
@Fatboi1 :mjlol:
That :troll:set up

Mob H

All Star
Daps
I'll use a variation the same one everywhere where I'll add something in the middle depending on where I'm at. So here for example it'll be "P@ssColiW0rd" and Twitter would be something like P@ssTwitW0rd.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My Domino's account was compromised.Last night somebody cashed out my reward points and ordered a pizza. I get the email at almost 1AM and call that store in a different state on the west coast and cancel their order.