How do you manage all these passwords?

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its probably worse on iPhone than anything else. I installed it on iPhone, Android and Windows. on iPhone its not as seamless. On Android if I open up pretty much any app LastPass pops up to log in. On iOS you have to copy paste in many apps or press the share button in the web browser. I'm not saying it's unuseable but it's far less seamless.
Oh yeah, for apps I have to copy n paste, but 99% of my apps I just paste it once, it saves and I turn on Touch ID. In safari I don't have a problem pressing the share button to get to it. Might be a lil quicker & better integrated on android but you couldn't pay me to use that shyt lol.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Hidden word doc w/ password (lol) protection

I really just need to remember maybe 5 tween personal and work stuff

:manny: Also, have ur broswer remember em
There are too many passwords for too many random websites. It's getting out of hand. I have about 5 or so passwords I randomly use on all my sites but half the time I have to reset them because I forget which one I used where. I'm not sure I want to go with something like Lastpass because it isn't that much different than using the same password everywhere because once they get into the password vault they have all the passwords.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Been using lastpass for the last couple days. Prior to it i just kept an undrafted email with all of them hidden in a saved folder called birthdays in my gmail account.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
LastPass has me at 102 total passwords and I've gotten down to 55 total duplicates. 32 of those duplicates are a very simple password but it still says my security is in the top 48% of all users.

I guess it's just time to accept that this is a problem with no real good solution to it. Using a password manager is probably the best of the bad solutions.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I use a couple different passwords with varying complexity depending on how important the account is. A network security professor said he used the first letters of the lyrics to his favorite songs. For example, he said a song he liked was Prince's "when doves cry". He would take the lyric "Why Do We Scream At Each Other" to remember the password WDWSAEO. @Fatboi1 would implement this by taking "It's Raining Men, Hallelujah It's Raining Men Oh Yeah" for his password IRMHIRMOY. I don't use song lyrics but I pick important events and names to me and implement the same concept.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its difficult but I manage. I use different passwords for each thing, with very small variations

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have a password protected spreadsheet that I keep in dropbox that contains all my passwords. this means I can also access it from my phone cuz its in the cloud.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i use the same one... i've used it about 10 years now and never once had anything happen.. it's completely random letters and numbers tho... capital and symbols too... i mean it means , looks like, deciphers into absolutely nothing... you'd have to just know it

i been thinking of changing it recently, i don't know why... but then i think of having to memorize another one

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i use the same one... i've used it about 10 years now and never once had anything happen.. it's completely random letters and numbers tho... capital and symbols too... i mean it means , looks like, deciphers into absolutely nothing... you'd have to just know it

i been thinking of changing it recently, i don't know why... but then i think of having to memorize another one
At this point in the game the odds are higher that one of the sites you use it at will be compromised and once that password gets out if someone gets it and tries it they'll try it everywhere possible because most people reuse passwords and everyone knows it.

I remember when people were saying Teamviewer got compromised and hackers were using the accounts to log onto people's computers and dump their bank accounts. That company is attributing that to password reuse and a different site getting compromised.

Honestly one of the worst things you can do is reuse passwords. In all honesty you're better off with a password manager. Because you can put something like 2FA on LastPass it's way safer than that. Basically for someone to get in your password vault not only will they need to know your master password but they'll need your cellphone and access to your email account or a device you presently have that you've logged into LastPass on because 2FA will prevent them from accessing your vault on a new device.

The odds are better of a website you use getting compromised and a reused password getting out there than someone getting access to your email account (with you can probably put 2FA on) your cell phone or one of your computers, and your LastPass master password (which you can also put 2FA on).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
At this point in the game the odds are higher that one of the sites you use it at will be compromised and once that password gets out if someone gets it and tries it they'll try it everywhere possible because most people reuse passwords and everyone knows it.

I remember when people were saying Teamviewer got compromised and hackers were using the accounts to log onto people's computers and dump their bank accounts. That company is attributing that to password reuse and a different site getting compromised.

Honestly one of the worst things you can do is reuse passwords. In all honesty you're better off with a password manager. Because you can put something like 2FA on LastPass it's way safer than that. Basically for someone to get in your password vault not only will they need to know your master password but they'll need your cellphone and access to your email account or a device you presently have that you've logged into LastPass on because 2FA will prevent them from accessing your vault on a new device.

The odds are better of a website you use getting compromised and a reused password getting out there than someone getting access to your email account (with you can probably put 2FA on) your cell phone or one of your computers, and your LastPass master password (which you can also put 2FA on).
hip me to the game breh... what's this last pass thing?

i mean i have 4 email addresses... bank accounts... social media (fb, twitter, ig, etc),... store accounts (amazon, bb, walmart, clothing, this, that, the other)...... i mean shyt... every damn site wants you to sign up these days.. every single one.. i wouldn't be surprised if i actually counted up 30 different sites

so does this last pass does what? just store them all for me? or just automatically puts them in if i have it installed? i'd hate to be on another device of any kind and then be ass out when i need them

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why passwords have never been weaker—and crackers have never been stronger
This 4 page article was a good read.

Linkedin was hacked back in 2012 and in 2016 they're just fessing up to it in full originally they said 6.4 million users were affected. The encryption they used on their password hashes were shyt and in days hackers cracked 98% of the leak about 173.7 million passwords within 6 days using a supercomputer with 10 Titan X graphics cards in it.

The reality of it is this the complexity of your password is just to buy you time. If a website gets compromised chances are high they're gonna crack your password. If it's a more complex one maybe they crack it later rather than sooner. If the website is honest maybe you find out sooner rather than later but if you're using the same password constantly you'll probably be fukked. At least if you're using different passwords on different sites you can minimize the damage to just one site.

Many times these websites don't even know they've been compromised until well after the fact and with most websites you have no idea how well they secure your password so using the same one across multiple sites is crazy.