How do you manage all these passwords?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They legit fukked me up with all these new special character passwords. All my shyt variations of the same thing now I have to remember a symbol too... Then the password changes every 3 months at the job. I guess this the 2016 way of keep us usin our brain like we had to back when you had to remeber people's phone numbers.

I just reset password to be honest :manny: or get locked out

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
hip me to the game breh... what's this last pass thing?

i mean i have 4 email addresses... bank accounts... social media (fb, twitter, ig, etc),... store accounts (amazon, bb, walmart, clothing, this, that, the other)...... i mean shyt... every damn site wants you to sign up these days.. every single one.. i wouldn't be surprised if i actually counted up 30 different sites

so does this last pass does what? just store them all for me? or just automatically puts them in if i have it installed? i'd hate to be on another device of any kind and then be ass out when i need them
LastPass is a password manager. It basically lets you randomly generate passwords and use them at all your sites. It remembers them for you so you don't have to. If you pay their $12 a year annual fee you can use it across multiple devices with different OS. You get a master password and that lets you into your vault where it then auto enters the other passwords for you.

There are many other password managers. Some with company managed cloud storage of your vault like LastPass and others where you manage how the vault is transferred on your own. Some people use Dropbox to transfer their vaults for example. The thing about a password manager is it lets you create ridiculous passwords that are as many characters as the website allows all random. If the website lets you use 50 characters you can do that because you'll never have to type it out or remember it.

The problem with a password manager is if a hacker can get into your vault they've got all your passwords. It's a risk you run but to me it's far less riskier than password reuse
Change Your LastPass Master Password Now
Last Pass has been attacked in the past twice but nothing has come from it. They use a pretty beefy algorithm to encrypt passwords.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I have a system for passwords. I have a small list of variables that I use to determine the kind of passwords I make.

I have probably 20 unique passwords that I don't really have issue with remembering. My common passwords I use for sites like thecoli or reddit are the ones I have trouble with the most more than anything.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
I use a couple different passwords with varying complexity depending on how important the account is. A network security professor said he used the first letters of the lyrics to his favorite songs. For example, he said a song he liked was Prince's "when doves cry". He would take the lyric "Why Do We Scream At Each Other" to remember the password WDWSAEO. @Fatboi1 would implement this by taking "It's Raining Men, Hallelujah It's Raining Men Oh Yeah" for his password IRMHIRMOY. I don't use song lyrics but I pick important events and names to me and implement the same concept.

In this case, @Fatboi1 's password would probably be U4. :deadmanny:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hate when they won't let me use the password I come up with. I just know I'm never gonna remember some overly complicated random shyt, and I'll just end up using the "I forgot my password" option
Bruh, thats one of my biggest internet peeves next to 30 second Youtube ads.

"No, you can't use a secure password that you can remember, because for some reason, our security department thought that you needed at least one capital letter, at least one number, at least one space, at least one testicle, and a special character."

shyt is annoying as hell.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In this case, @Fatboi1 's password would probably be U4. :deadmanny:
images

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Keepass. But you can tell how I feel about a site by the password I use.

If I use a password I can remember on your site, then your site ain't worth shyt to me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I use this thing called my brain to manage all my passwords.
I got over 100 passwords. some of them I use sparingly. My brain can't handle that unless I start reusing them. I went and randomized most of my passwords and I still have 46 of them that are duplicates. I've almost got the duplicates down to sites that would be meaningless if they got hacked though.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I got over 100 passwords. some of them I use sparingly. My brain can't handle that unless I start reusing them. I went and randomized most of my passwords and I still have 46 of them that are duplicates. I've almost got the duplicates down to sites that would be meaningless if they got hacked though.

:wtf:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
it's not far fetched at all.. which is why most people keep 1 or 2

let me see what i can go off the top of my head

social media..... 6

bank accounts..... 2

emails.... 4 i use.... 5 or 6 old ones

bills i pay... 5-7

paypal... 2 (business, personal)

shopping..... 20.... probably more.... every single site you ever order something from, asks you to sign up... so i just put 20.... easy tho.... amazon, target, walmart, toys r us, just ordered something off polo, a place i get cheap hats, dr jays, etc etc

playstation.... which brings me to gaming... so i also have my xbox... which brings me back to shopping.... gamefly, gamespot, redbox, itunes

streaming services, 4-5... hbo go, starz, verizon, netflix, hulu... not to mention music... tidal, pandora, etc... videos too... youtube, vevo,

torrents... 3 websites i've joined on

message boards...

travel which can go back to shopping.... expedia, delta, trivago, airbnb,

now i'm cheating... i'm looking at apps i have...

medical stuff, insurance (car and health), 401k, snapchat, skype, amazone, ebay, carnival cruise

shyt can go on forever breh.... the more you cut the cord and stop that paper billing... start doing all your shyt online... you start to realize that you've signed up for a shytload of sites since the 00s and every single one requires some sort of login

now that i think about it... yea all it would take is one of those many to fail and i'm fukked for using the same one..... but before i knew about these pass sites... wasn't no way in fukk that i was going to remember even 10 different passwords

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So now I'm reading that the best passwords are long strings of random words something like incandescent pineapple doubtful sasquatch
I'm considering making the switch on passwords I have to remember.

Daps
I use the same 3 passwords if someone hacks me:yeshrug:

I don't like getting locked out of my accounts and If I wrote it down somewhere I'd lose it I forgot my itunes password recently and that was pure fukkery:sadcam:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I use the same 3 passwords if someone hacks me:yeshrug:

I don't like getting locked out of my accounts and If I wrote it down somewhere I'd lose it I forgot my itunes password recently and that was pure fukkery:sadcam:
The chances are one of the sites you use will be hacked and they'll get your password. It's all good till you wake up to emails you bought something you didn't and its shipping out next day air.

I think my Best Buy account was using an old password I used at MySpace years ago seeing as how they got hacked and my email was listed on the have I been pwned website. I can't even remember what that password was because I was like you and reused a handful of them over and over on different sites.

MySpace had such weak security on the passwords that the hackers got the first 10 characters of all of them in lowercase and I doubt my password was over 10 characters.

The problem is many of these websites have shyt security on your password.