How do you feel about this Thomas Sowell

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The poor pay more for less.

...and the higher cost stems in part from the violence/risk associated with those low-income areas.

That needs more fleshing out...

What are the other "parts" that contribute to the poor paying more?

Which actually, I don't even think is true.

The crappy supermarket near me in the hood has lower prices than the fancy one further away.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
That needs more fleshing out...

What are the other "parts" that contribute to the poor paying more?

Which actually, I don't even think is true.

The crappy supermarket near me in the hood has lower prices than the fancy one further away.
He specifically talks about the cost of having travel to reach a Sprouts/Whole Foods/Trader Joes etc...
You should look into food deserts.
There's a lot of literature out on the topic now...
Food Deserts: Causes, Impacts, & What to Do - Food Revolution Network

The poor get shafted:francis:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
He specifically talks about the cost of having travel to reach a Sprouts/Whole Foods/Trader Joes etc...
You should look into food deserts.
There's a lot of literature out on the topic now...
Food Deserts: Causes, Impacts, & What to Do - Food Revolution Network

The poor get shafted:francis:

:francis:

So even if the people living in wage deserts work full-time, and even if they do have access to full-service grocery stores with healthy items, they might not feel able to afford healthy food since, thanks to a truly perverse system of subsidies, healthy food sometimes costs more than unhealthy choices.

The poor don't really pay more. They just afford lesser quality food.

And it's not due to the threat of crime or violence from what I've read.

More affluent areas are more profitable for grocers because they can afford premium items.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
The poor pay more for less.

...and the higher cost stems in part from the violence/risk associated with those low-income areas.
I was more so speaking on a race based assessment

What you said could apply across the spectrum

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I was more so speaking on a race based assessment

What you said could apply across the spectrum
Absolutely... but socioeconomic status and race are seemingly inseparable in America.
What are often presented as race issues are actually economic issues that can 100% be applied across the board.

He's responding to a racial framing of the situation, so :manny:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Absolutely... but socioeconomic status and race are seemingly inseparable in America.
What are often presented as race issues are actually economic issues that can 100% be applied across the board.

He's responding to a racial framing of the situation, so :manny:
All of our economic issues are rooted in white supremacy. If he's not addressing that then he's saying nothing:unimpressed:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This podcast and writer is doing a series of take downs. Sowell is crap.

EV - 221 Better Know Sowell with Brandon Bradford — Embrace The Void

I know he's a republican so don't sue me :huhldup:

I want honest thoughts about this though. Can anyone who lives near areas that have been burned in riots give honest insight?

He is a mentally disturbed c00n. In his autobiography he wrote about randomly beating up someone on a train.

But lemme contribute

I know nothing of this nikka but one day after being the the coli he popped up on my YouTube I let it play wasn't even paying attention but the nikka said one thing that jumped out at me he said the blk family unit had a single digit poverty rate since I think the 60s

Damn right get married drop seeds n raise em right and get that bread

Y'all just gone let these crackers win?

brilliant c00n. the most nefarious type of c00n

:mjlol: that’s exactly what he is….A brilliant c00n.

An intellectually formidable c00n.

that nikka isn't smart he uses the same flawed white supremacist arguments. His books are also full of spelling and grammatical errors.

Thomas c00nwell

broken clocks...

these conservative type c00ns say accurate things about the value of family, fathers in the house, morals, etc, but miss the real reasons our family structure is fukked, and instead of solving it by building our community, they want us to delve deeper into this cac culture and be more like cacs

I agreed with that one point tho...don't know much else about him didn't even watch the whole clip posted in here but my father has 5 kids with 4 women and in his 70s filled with regret cause he wasn't around

I can't repeat that bruh

Listening to Black Rednecks & White Liberals now. I don't agree with everything he says but he makes interesting points and history.

One of the GOATs

this is the only black author/thinker white people read. they dont read Walter Rodney or Franz Fanon, or Baldwin, Sankara, etc

not even a minute in and its already :gucci:

Ima try to push through this:snoop: