How do people leave home in the morning without eating breakfast?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i think i have a fast metabolism so i need breakfast or else i'm sluggish and starving after a couple of hours after waking up. all i need is a bowl of cereal or oatmeal with brown sugar with a banana or some walnuts/raisans/pecans on the side. if i'm feeling fancy then i'll get 3 eggs boiling with some toast/bagel on the side.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Like I said... That quote you posted from that guy, indicated that he uses "Intermittent Fasting" to MAINTAIN his physique... He didn't get that shyt from starving himself all morning... He MAINTAINS them that way...

MOST people will not get ripped through intermittent fasting... You tried to prove me wrong by posting a picture of the guy who promotes the theory.... Do you look like that from intermittent fasting? When it comes to muscle gain and fat loss, there are many things that are tried and true... and one of them is maintaining a consistent blood sugar throughout the day. You do this by eating the right foods every 3-4 hours, starting with breakfast....

Not eating before a workout is fine, as long as you eat after, but fasting is not a good way to build muscle... and Abs... are muscles that need to be built..

Like I said, we can go picture for picture and see whose method works better... THis time you have to post your own picture though:tiger:

:russ: I'm guaranteed to be taller, better looking, and in better shape than you friendo.

Honestly though, that isn't even the point. We're talking about the method behind obtaining a good build and you're hitting me with outdated bro-science.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't really eat breakfast in morning because my stomach start hurting do to my sinus.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yep, I can't function without some type of breakfast in the morning.. or at least by 10am. I don't do big lunches so that breakfast is important

I normally don't have time to do a full breakfast in the morning.

Thats why my woman makes me breakfast for dinner at least once a week..

Bacon, Sasuage, Eggs, Toast, Home Fries, Grits..... :noah:

I been fukkin with that Breakfast Pizza lately as well. Easy to make with all the shyt I love in it, and I can take it and heat it up for work if needed.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I was always a breakfast person. I literally always had my boiled eggs and fruit prepared the night before; however, now I do intermittent fasting. My eating window is usually 12 to 8 or 1 to 9 and it works for me. My body looks amazing and I've maintained this eating pattern for almost 3 months. Live and let live.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I could possibly understand if you're poor and not sure where your next meal is coming from, but how does a "regular" adult actually do this? Especially when we know how important breakfast is for us?

"I forgot to take my breakfast with me today."
"I didn't have time to stop and pick it up on the way."
"I'm just gonna run on coffee until lunchtime."

:why: Why would you do this to yourself?

I bet you had time enough to shower though. :ufdup:
One of my bad habits is skipping breakfast. I dont do it on purpose. It's just that i normally dont think about food til it's like 11 and by then im already at work.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
You should at least BREAK-that-FAST with a few GRAPES, a glass of water, or some crackers. :manny:
U don't have to have the HUGE Traditional American dinner, but u do need to START the metabolic processes in order to run at full capacity.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could possibly understand if you're poor and not sure where your next meal is coming from, but how does a "regular" adult actually do this? Especially when we know how important breakfast is for us?

"I forgot to take my breakfast with me today."
"I didn't have time to stop and pick it up on the way."
"I'm just gonna run on coffee until lunchtime."

:why: Why would you do this to yourself?

I bet you had time enough to shower though. :ufdup:

I really just don't need it. It doesn't nothing to curb my appetite (I'm still hungry at noon:sadcam: regardless), and mos def feel less sluggish in the morning without it. I do love breakfast foods though.:takedat:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I stopped eating breakfast. I just drink coffee in the morning and wait till after 12 to eat.

My excercises comes in the afternoon period after I eat lunch.

Don't this has enabled me to lose weight.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:russ: I'm guaranteed to be taller, better looking, and in better shape than you friendo.

Honestly though, that isn't even the point. We're talking about the method behind obtaining a good build and you're hitting me with outdated bro-science.

Lol.... Better shape? Prove it than "friendo"... Prove this "intermittent fasting" theory correct. If you look like the guy in the photo you posted before, I might believe that it is more effective... If you don't look better than me, then I know it is bullshyt and not worth my time :manny:

and nothing I said was bro science... In fact... everything I said is found in the ACSM text book for individuals studying to be certified as personal trainers... and the ACSM is probably one of the more difficult certifications to obtain without straight up getting a bachelor degree...

The importance of Keeping a constant blood sugar level so your body doesn't store fat is not bro science :pachaha:....

That shyt is fact.... Next time you go in for a checkup... ask your doctor or a dietician...

Bottom line, you're not building muscle by not eating for half of the day...

The guy that you quoted said he "Maintains" his body that way... That is more believable... But you are not getting to the physique he has by intermittent fasting...

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
and nothing I said was bro science... In fact... everything I said is found in the ACSM text book for individuals studying to be certified as personal trainers... and the ACSM is probably one of the more difficult certifications to obtain without straight up getting a bachelor degree...

The importance of Keeping a constant blood sugar level so your body doesn't store fat is not bro science :pachaha:....

That shyt is fact.... Next time you go in for a checkup... ask your doctor...

Bottom line, you're not building muscle by not eating for half of the day...

The guy that you quoted said he "Maintains" his body that way... That is more believable... But you are not getting to the physique he has by intermittent fasting...
[/B]

I also provided you with the link, but you didn't want to read that. He achieved his physique only after creating and adapting to leangain practices.

Again, what does building muscle have to do with eating 17,850 meals a day? You do not gain any significant benefits by eating that often, however, if you're looking to get to and maintain a certain body fat percentage, there are huge benefits in condensing your daily food intake into a workable windows (4-8 hours) and forcing your body to use stored fat for energy during those other 16-20 hours.

Similar fasting techniques have been used with success to treat morbidly obese individuals as well (you know, disproving the idea that it is just a maintenance diet). :beli:

tumblr_m7vcirK8Tu1ru1omco1_400.jpg

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I also provided you with the link, but you didn't want to read that. He achieved his physique only after creating and adapting to leangain practices.

Again, what does building muscle have to do with eating 17,850 meals a day? You do not gain any significant benefits by eating that often, however, if you're looking to get to and maintain a certain body fat percentage, there are huge benefits in condensing your daily food intake into a workable windows (4-8 hours) and forcing your body to use stored fat for energy during those other 16-20 hours.

Similar fasting techniques have been used with success to treat morbidly obese individuals as well (you know, disproving the idea that it is just a maintenance diet). :beli:

tumblr_m7vcirK8Tu1ru1omco1_400.jpg

First off... I have to say, I DO NOT eat 6 meals a day.... I eat 3 or 4... But I never skip breakfast unless I do cardio/Abs in the morning... I need energy to lift weights..

The main benefit of eating healthy meals every 3-4 hours until 7 or 8p.m. is to keep your blood sugar constant and to keep your metabolism moving... It allows you to meet all of your macros in a safe and efficient way... So if you're trying to build muscle, the time when you ingest certain macro and micros is just as important as how much. It will effect how efficient your gains are. Now i've followed that website you posted for a couple years now, so I know he has written things that supposedly debunk this, But I have still yet to see ANYONE as ripped as this guy by doing intermittent fasting. Which leads me to believe he did whole lot to get that way...

and I never said it was only a "maintenance" diet... I was just repeating the quote that you posted where he said he uses it to "MAINTAIN" his physique... and as you just said in this post, to "MAINTAIN" a certain body fat%

Im sure obese people use it to lose weight. Not eating a lot will usually help a fat person not be fat...

BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE... YOU ARE NOT BUILDING MUSCLE BY INTERMITTENT FASTING...... SO POSTING THAT ONE GUY'S PHYSIQUE IS IRRELEVANT BECAUSE HE GAINED THAT MUSCLE THROUGH OTHER MEANS...

You keep dodging it but show me how intermittent fasting has transformed YOUR physique into the one in that guys picture, and i'll believe you... Until then...

:BASEDSNOOZE::tommy: