how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
YOU CANT BE SERIOUS.

ISNT AS FAST, AS QUICK NOR AS AGILE.

JUMPING HIGH ISNT THE ONLY BAROMETER OF ATHLETICISM.

THERES NOTHING ABOUT STIFF ASS WIGGINS
THAT SAYS MICHAEL JORDAN.
:devil:
:evil:

Yes, he is. Wiggins ball skills are lacking so he can't show off his athleticism like he should be able to. :shaq2:

Wiggins is a crazy athlete. It's in his genes, his moms was a track star, pops was an NBA player. His athleticism is up there with basically anyone who has played the game. His vertical leap, second jump, quickness, straight line speed, etc. are all elite, he has the same wiry strength and physique of a young Jordan. This nikka can 720 dunk he has great body control and hangtime. Wiggins gets to the rim and its not because of his ball handling. He plays upright, has a weak left hand, and moves too mechanically. It's because he along with Oladipo probably have the quickest first step in the league. In a foot race he can cover the entire court in a couple of strides you sleep.

Wiggins as a pure athlete is up there with anyone.

Last edited:

Noah

All Star
Daps
Question for both Jordan and Lebron fans/stans:

Why does Jordan's game look so much better than Lebron's?

I don't know how to explain it. Its just much more aesthetically pleasing to watch Jordan play :dame:

I know aesthetics have nothing to do with championships - I just want to know...what is it that's making one incredible player's game look so much better than the other's?

Speed? Quickness? I don't have an answer...its just blowing my mind to put Lebron and MJ highlights next to each other and see such a striking difference. :manny:

Yea probably has to do with him being smaller/lighter and more of a finesse player by nature. Think MJ was also a better ball-handler (:dame:). Mike also did a lot more mid-air and developed a really great looking turnaround. Bron kinda changed his jump shot towards the end of his first Cleveland stint and in Miami so from his rookie year to like '09 or so he had a kinda awkward jumper (shyt was oddly :banderas:when he was having one of those heat check games) and his game was always a little bit more deliberate and north-south.

Guess it's like watching Hakeem highlights vs. Karl Malone highlights. With Hakeem you're like
gNIDjdUR6VIZ7bpWhQF-xCzm6LcJ1MC-2MCxXo3LxbJS9-emUpZAUITp83B7hsB5SyITxj0cJ5galsOxjVeQh1pjnCzG-yVKK61jgI4u52CIKbWftwk_xRKcpFenW06350_ugZYs
but you could fall asleep while Mailman put up 40.

They just play pretty different games despite both being arguably the most physically dominant wings of their respective times. Highlights and player preferences are completely subjective but I never thought of LeBron's game as especially ugly or anything like that :manny: for what he lacks in theatrics he makes up for in other ways.

Daps
When Jordan attacks watch for that quick crossover he throws in traffic. Dude used it quite a lot, it's just quick change in direction when the defense tries to meet him at the 2nd level.

But can't really summarize it into one concept. What it comes down to is that he really made the best decisions and quickly.

The guy's improvisation to me still hasn't been matched:

It's really just the array of moves: pull-ups, outright dunks, fakes, in-air adjustments, hesitations, quick dribbles, etc.

It all enhances the combination of straight line explosiveness and fluidity/quick decision-making in traffic.

Because of all of the above, dude was absolutely unpredictable, especially when he attacked. Other than the post fadeaways later in his career and some of the baseline reverse layups, how many times do you see the same move twice?

This nikka Mike got some of the smoothest layups I ever seen :wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Question for both Jordan and Lebron fans/stans:

Why does Jordan's game look so much better than Lebron's?

I don't know how to explain it. Its just much more aesthetically pleasing to watch Jordan play :dame:

I know aesthetics have nothing to do with championships - I just want to know...what is it that's making one incredible player's game look so much better than the other's?

Speed? Quickness? I don't have an answer...its just blowing my mind to put Lebron and MJ highlights next to each other and see such a striking difference. :manny:
Different types of games. Different body types. I disagree that Jordan's game looks so much better.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Im equally as impressed with MJ's mid range game in his early years. He had great foot work too, we havent seen anything like a young Mike since

If you go back and watch the 90-93 videos of Jordan actually had the midrange and post up game down. A lot of folks mistakenly think it was the 2nd 3peat where he mastered it, but dude had that in the early 90s.

You had Jordan at his athletic peak and with the midrange/post threat :wow:

Some of those dudes he put work on were power forwards.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yes, he is. Wiggins ball skills are lacking so he can't show off his athleticism like he should be able to. :shaq2:

Wiggins is a crazy athlete. It's in his genes, his moms was a track star, pops was an NBA player. His athleticism is up there with basically anyone who has played the game. His vertical leap, second jump, quickness, straight line speed, etc. are all elite, he has the same wiry strength and physique of a young Jordan. This nikka can 720 dunk he has great body control and hangtime. Wiggins gets to the rim and its not because of his ball handling. He plays upright, has a weak left hand, and moves too mechanically. It's because he along with Oladipo probably have the quickest first step in the league. In a foot race he can cover the entire court in a couple of strides you sleep.

Wiggins as a pure athlete is up there with anyone.

LMAO

NO

:devil:
:evil:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Yea probably has to do with him being smaller/lighter and more of a finesse player by nature. Think MJ was also a better ball-handler (:dame:). Mike also did a lot more mid-air and developed a really great looking turnaround. Bron kinda changed his jump shot towards the end of his first Cleveland stint and in Miami so from his rookie year to like '09 or so he had a kinda awkward jumper (shyt was oddly :banderas:when he was having one of those heat check games) and his game was always a little bit more deliberate and north-south.

Guess it's like watching Hakeem highlights vs. Karl Malone highlights. With Hakeem you're like
gNIDjdUR6VIZ7bpWhQF-xCzm6LcJ1MC-2MCxXo3LxbJS9-emUpZAUITp83B7hsB5SyITxj0cJ5galsOxjVeQh1pjnCzG-yVKK61jgI4u52CIKbWftwk_xRKcpFenW06350_ugZYs
but you could fall asleep while Mailman put up 40.

They just play pretty different games despite both being arguably the most physically dominant wings of their respective times. Highlights and player preferences are completely subjective but I never thought of LeBron's game as especially ugly or anything like that :manny: for what he lacks in theatrics he makes up for in other ways.
Holy shyt...100% facts on all of that :wow:

It's really the mid-air and going around dudes rather than north-south that had me like :mindblown:

Both of these nikkas clearly the best of their eras, and I was just so confused at how different their games looked.

That Hakeem vs Malone comparison...:whew:

Hakeem could score like 10 points (not that it ever happened), but all 10 would be some fukking ether on his defender...moves that just stick in your head for long afterwards like :dwillhuh::picard:...lord have mercy on that nikkas soul :russ:

While Malone just straight dominated nikkas :dame:

:salute:for the explanation, it all makes sense now

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Different types of games. Different body types. I disagree that Jordan's game looks so much better.
Yeah I'm sure the different body types play a role too.:ehh: Both in how they move and how the defense reacts to them.

Both of em clearly had defenders on some :merchant::damn::damn:

MJ had them fearing that soul snatch:demonic:...while Lebron got em fearing for their lives:banderas: