how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So someone just put together all of Jordan's classic games where he was on fire and then called those his shooting percentages. :dead:

This is the exact same thing people do when they usually overate earlier eras (cause all the old-timer games they've seen are the ones with the best players at the biggest moment), but now we've finally turned typical Coli bias into statistical form. :heh:

Why don't you admit you never watched any of these performances and just running your ignorant ass mouth.

You do not know bball, breh.

Stfu.

Art Barr

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well he also included all of his games from the '92 and '93 playoffs too, which had some pretty rough shooting performances against the Cavs and Knicks. Although that kinda further strengthens my original point because those numbers would be even more inflated without those Knick series dragging them down :lolbron:
Which shows, of course, that his game COULD be affected by strong team defense, unlike the idolaters who insist that his game was immune to defensive pressure.

I mean come on, he had 10-27, 12-32, 3-18, and 8-24 games against the Knicks in 1993 alone with 6'3" 180lb John Starks (who was NOT elite defensively) as his primary defender. But the 20-25 guys from this era I listed couldn't give him more trouble than that?

Why don't you admit you never watched any of these performances and just running your ignorant ass mouth.

You do not know bball, breh.

Stfu.

Art Barr
I already told you that I've been watching ball since 1987.

But you did run away from that thread the moment I clapped back on you with receipts of your own words 4 years ago, so you might not have seen me say it. :lolbron:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Which shows, of course, that his game COULD be affected by strong team defense, unlike the idolaters who insist that his game was immune to defensive pressure.

I mean come on, he had 10-27, 12-32, 3-18, and 8-24 games against the Knicks in 1993 alone with 6'3" 180lb John Starks (who was NOT elite defensively) as his primary defender. But the 20-25 guys from this era I listed couldn't give him more trouble than that?

I already told you that I've been watching ball since 1987.

But you did run away from that thread the moment I clapped back on you with receipts of your own words 4 years ago, so you might not have seen me say it. :lolbron:

I see you skim content as a thing.
if yo lame ass go back in that thread.
you are scared to actually have a real discussion in.
Including not knowing how to even quote and break down an actual rant to begin with.

You need me to hyperlink me destroying the response.
where you showed you don'the know how to use the quote button accurately.
just like your errant knowledge of air jordan.
as a matter of fact...
if anyone sees your response.
they will know you got mental issues you deflect on others.
anyone who saw air Jordan knows you do not know wtf you talembout at all.

Art Barr

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I see you skim content as a thing.
if yo lame ass go back in that thread.
you are scared to actually have a real discussion in.
Including not knowing how to even quote and break down an actual rant to begin with.

You need me to hyperlink me destroying the response.
where you showed you don'the know how to use the quote button accurately.
just like your errant knowledge of air jordan.
as a matter of fact...
if anyone sees your response.
they will know you got mental issues you deflect on others.
anyone who saw air Jordan knows you do not know wtf you talembout at all.

Art Barr
Take your meds man, you don't know what you're talking about.

You were claiming that Wiggins for Love was "the stoopidist trade in NBA history" even though YOU were talking about Wiggins looking like a bust just a couple months earlier.

I wrote THIS response with receipts and you didn't destroy it, you didn't even reply to it, you just jetted out of there in a hurry like Wiggins landing at the PDX terminal.

Wiggins is a college pedigreed talent, whom was not acquired on James watch.
"college pedigreed"??? Let's go to the wayback machine and take a look at what YOU were saying about Andrew Wiggins in college:

WIGGINS = is showing possible bust potential

Andrew wiggins was incredible in highschool, international and allstar play.
yet, when paired with real Americans.
it looks like he lacks the American feral aggressiveness to be productive in the college ranks.
on top of the nba.
yet, and still.....
he is not really doing much against teams of moderate to of size in college.

sdsu and now texas are really exposing this dude.
wiggins is looking to not have the basketball iq.
or, what they call the dawg in him to succeed.

hopefully, he ramps up by the tournie.
yet, against real squads...
with real size playing up to Kansas.
plus, playing up like how most players will play up to match him in the pro's.
he is looking to be a project.

I been ready to boo the shyt out the kid.
the last six or seven games I watched of him, real talk.

art barr
he should be dominating and having a few mental issues to close games.
wiggins is not even present mentally, or innately/ferally as a player.
nor, does he distribute and up game anywhere near bron.

duke is showing bust potential...
or, has to work his way up potential....
when he is supposed to be the best player in the draft, period.
he does not look like the best player in college ball, head to the draft, at all.

art barr
on the real......
he is playing like a euro that got punked and needs a few years of familiarity to be good.
he does not look like he would dominate.

I hope he comes in the nba and dominates.
yet, he is looking like perry jones iii but worse.
right now,..
wiggins looks like a prospect that needs to ramp up.
or stay in college another year, for seasoning.
I watched the game and I watched hordes of his other games.
he has yet, to really be the hawk or have that dog in him.
I saw previously, in highschool comp.
he has no confidence and is completely lost on both sides of the ball.
plus, takes no authority from tipoff.

this is not supposed to be the guy who coasts.
this is supposed to be the guy head and shoulders above everyone.
yet, he is falling in perception and actual output to embiid.
plus, other guys he was supposed to have shown he was leaps and bounds better than.

parker is at duke...

wiggins has not really helped his players to be better like parker.
nor, had wiggins made a wingman better like parker has hood.
wiggins right now, is playing third fiddle in Kansas.
when, he is supposed to be the best actual player in all of amateur basketball athletics.

that is a definite possible red flag to the future.

on top of the fact,..it seems it is mental and it does not seem he will pull out of it, before he is a pro.

I hope he gets it in the conference tournie, or the ncaa's..
I really do.....as I was definitely a wiggins is the guy, dude.
yet, wiggins does not look like that guy.

art barr
parker is head and shoulders better than wiggins, right now.
hood is head and shoulders better than wiggins, right now.
Gordon is definitely better than wiggins, right now.
wiggins, has the athleticism.
I just think he lacks the mental makeup to translate to playing on domestic soil.
blake griffin was catching lobs and showcasing his potential way more than wiggins.
wiggins is lost out there, former meester mod suh.

art barr

All of that was well into his college career, but BEFORE he completely choked in the tourney, going 1-6 for just 4 points and 4 turnovers to lose as a #2 seed to #10 seed Stanford.

Get owned by Chasson Randle and Dwight Powell, then claim you're the answer to Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant brehs. :scust:

Even in the 1st round against #15 Eastern Kentucky, he couldn't dominate the guys on the other side of the court...if Black, Ellis, and Traylor hadn't beaten the hell out of Eastern Kentucky inside (combined 19-25 for 43 points and 32 rebounds despite Wiggins getting exactly 0 assists), they would have lost to EKU too. Every damn perimeter player on EKU was scoring at will on Wiggins.

And that was ALL the Cavs had to go on when they traded him away, so.... :sas1::sas2:

camer999

All Star
Daps
More proof you don't know bball and you never saw mj really play.

You nikkaz fail because you don't even know the source material and have the internet at your disposal to get the answer.
yet try to do the dummies and act like the facts are not avaiLable.
when the facts are there at the touch of a finger tip, too.

Y'all new Gen dudes are so far from high quality the shyt a joke.
as you got the internet to ramp and get anything you lack, too.

Art Barr
I may be new gen but wilt still looked even better than mj vs his contemporaries. Also don't act like we can't look up his peak performance or general performance, literally whenever.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Take your meds man, you don't know what you're talking about.

You were claiming that Wiggins for Love was "the stoopidist trade in NBA history" even though YOU were talking about Wiggins looking like a bust just a couple months earlier.

I wrote THIS response with receipts and you didn't destroy it, you didn't even reply to it, you just jetted out of there in a hurry like Wiggins landing at the PDX terminal.

"college pedigreed"??? Let's go to the wayback machine and take a look at what YOU were saying about Andrew Wiggins in college:

WIGGINS = is showing possible bust potential

All of that was well into his college career, but BEFORE he completely choked in the tourney, going 1-6 for just 4 points and 4 turnovers to lose as a #2 seed to #10 seed Stanford.

Get owned by Chasson Randle and Dwight Powell, then claim you're the answer to Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant brehs. :scust:

Even in the 1st round against #15 Eastern Kentucky, he couldn't dominate the guys on the other side of the court...if Black, Ellis, and Traylor hadn't beaten the hell out of Eastern Kentucky inside (combined 19-25 for 43 points and 32 rebounds despite Wiggins getting exactly 0 assists), they would have lost to EKU too. Every damn perimeter player on EKU was scoring at will on Wiggins.

And that was ALL the Cavs had to go on when they traded him away, so.... :sas1::sas2:

All this is you selectively trying to leave out my conclusion in the discussion about wiggins. As a potential nba draft pick and as a summer league hopeful.
of which you must have not been present the cavs had summer league material readily available. So, it once again shows you do not know your source material.
nor do you know anything related to this discussion.
not to mention, you bringing up tourney results anD being silly enough to mention kd like he was a tourney one and done savant.
You so damn dumb, ignorant to the actual facts and game.
You did not realize you made a mistake in that as well.
yet I will show how you so dumb and don't know wtf you talembout.
By spelling it out for you.

Then when you skim that selection, like everything else.
then cite some more easily recognizable bullshyt, to try to deflect on.
I will once again expose you too.

I already answered any dialogue about wiggins in this instance about ferocity, and his land of origin and since you are such a great detective.
you should bring up all my content on wiggins that definitively defines wiggins as such.
case in point, look up any rants after the draft and summer league and add those as well.
including the rants on lebron which have been prophecy.
lebron went from four straight titles, potentially in cleveland.

to create what will become some false narrative admin based coup of Mr quicken.
when, in reality.
what is occurring is James is so selfish and also incapable of galvanizing a unit of similar like parts and pedigree.
he will not take on the responsibility.
while creating a passive aggressive narcissistic safety blanket.
to shield lebron from real critique as a ball player.
while, also falsely trying to re-appeal for the title of the goat.

That has been out of his reach since his rookie season and further cemented when he was swept in the finals by San antonio.

then also factor in the general idea, that people say lebron is the goat and makes all players better and has such a high iq. That he should be able to will and ramp a number one draft pedigreed and one of one in his genration talent.
along with kyrie the other one of one in his generation number one drafted talent without fail. (Without fail means without losing, btw. Meaning four titles, and the basis of my rant you missed. All cause you do not read or know wtf you talembout.)

which played out in lebron's favor.
when he was not opposite a similar number one draft pedigreed college player additionally added to the finals realm with gs. Where said Durant is taller and has a larger more proficient skill set in scoring, and rivals the utility box skillset of lebron. Easily, canceling out lebron's previous higher pedigreed and fully staffed unit. cancelling out the small advantage via pedigree and health. lebron had on paper. outside of just circumstance to win, against the record setting old version of gs.

Now, if you take simple pedigree like I have said in this argument you wanna stray away from. To bring up points made outside of my conclusion for wiggins, as a pro. Not in college but as a pro.
of which is in the dialogue rants from summer league and subsequent rants about lebron.

yet incomparison, before injury a second rate ramp up Jimmy butler before injury.
had the wolves at the three seed.

So, how is lebron with inferior parts so great at elevating similar talent and when he has thee lesser talent he asked for.

They enter the offs as the four seed.
whereas an injury leader depleted wolves had to reqcquire their second round draft pick ramp up leader after injury and still make the offs.
with much better talent.
so, by simple pedigree we can see a second round rampup guy like jb.
does have inefficiencies to a higher pedigreed number one draft pick fully staffed roster talent with less more or similar parts.

Which is easily seen by,...if we take into comparison lebron playing a full season of eighty two games, and minus two top draft pedigreed players.

You sir,....
are a fukk'n cognitive lacking idiot and are so shortsighted and missing key components of data in the discussion.
You have to be spelled out what you watched play out for four years dead in your face.

You sir are an idiot.

Not to mention,....
this whole new milleniAL idea headfake.
like in general someone is supposed to give you a pass.
like you are some savant researcher.
who knows their source and, it is all a lie as well.

Foo Foo I know the internet and people on it by reading text or interaction with you in any realm of telecom, new media etc easily.
as I was there to see all these types of people.
I can easily tell you never looked up any of this shyt.
you definitely do not know anything related to Mike.
past maybe some Homer based emo issues from the firwt of two the shots and getting sixty nine'9.

Art Barr

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
One of the most explosive athletes to ever play the game and great fundamentals and technique. Didn't really waste time making his move, could take off as soon as he got near the paint, and he was arguably the best in the game in the triple threat position.

He's just blowing by these guys and hanging in the air longer than them on a lot of these drives, but his jab steps and hesitations got him as many points as his athleticism did.

look at this video. when he blows past defenders there's still 2 and 3 other dudes collapsing in the lane. that shyt does NOT happen in today's NBA. u beat ur man, ur at the cup.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I may be new gen but wilt still looked even better than mj vs his contemporaries. Also don't act like we can't look up his peak performance or general performance, literally whenever.

You mean when you look it up, right.
Again, like I said.
You ain't, watched no fukk'n Mike a day ever.
You do not know this source material and this millennial head fake. Like you spent some clock work orange style viewing maniacally absorbing mj is a lie too.
When we know your gen has not even been prescient enough with YouTube.
like people from our gen with the power of vhs in film study at all.
So please stop this whole Chris Paul state farm based game of charades. Where you think being a poser fools, real nikkaz who really watched this shyt for real.

Stop trying to play.
Real nikkaz don't speak if they don't know.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He faced single coverage without a zone. When they threw a double-team at him, that guy had to run all the way over from another player, and no one else could shade off their man to cover the new opening.

Jordan would always get the ball with just one man on him (doubling a guy without the ball was illegal), so he could attack the single coverage immediately. If they tried to throw a double-team at him, that guy took time to get there as long as spacing was good, which led to open shooters and easy buckets.

Then take a look at the guys who were guarding him...overall shorter, less athletic, and less committed to defense than most players today.

But there are a LOT more guys who have the size and speed to at least stand a chance while defending him.

In Jordan's day, how many shooting guards over 6'4" were there? And how many were athletic and played good defense?

I mean, this is the era where Dan Majerle was on the All-Defensive team. He played hard on defense and all, but really? Dan Majerle? :francis:

Every once in a while Jordan would run into a Clyde Drexler, but that was the exception. Fat Lever, Sleepy Floyd, Ricky Pierce, Alvin Robertson, and Jeff Malone were elite shooting guards back then - they'd be considered undersized for the position today. In the playoffs MJ faced guys like (old) Jeff Hornacek, Kerry Kittles, Rex Chapman, John Starks, Voshon Lenard, Hersey Hawkins, Craig Ehlo, Terry Teagle, Paul Pressey, Dennis Johnson, Sidney Moncrief. The quick guys were too short, the tall guys were too slow or too skinny, and few of them had elite defensive chops.

I mean, in 1988, the guards playing in the All-Star Game on the East behind MJ and IT were Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers, and Maurice Cheeks. In 1989, the only two guards on the bench for the East in the All-Star game were Mark Price and Mark Jackson. You serious? It was NOT a good era for SG talent.

Put Jordan in an era with Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, PG13, Tony Allen, Marcus Smart, Klay, Iggy, Tatum, Brown, Josh Richardson, PJ Tucker, Oladipo, Danny Green, Andre Roberson, Jonathan Simmons, Robert Covington, Ben Simmons, Jrue Holiday, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Dejonte Murray...that's 20 guys right there who would blow most 1990s guards out of the water on defense. Didn't even mention guys like Josh Jackson, Andrew Wiggins, Shump, JR, KCP - even though they don't defend at the same level they still have so much more size and speed than the second-tier guards that Jordan faced.

And that's before you even take into account the zone schemes that would be used against him, and the far more mobile bigs that would be closing into the lane.

Jordan at least has to work harder in this era. There are just SO many more guys with the size and speed to actually stay in front of a 6'6" ultra-athletic guard instead of being a revolving door.

Yeah, you definitely never watched Mike play consistently at all to say this asinine shyt.

When all those twenty guys you mentioned are not any shade near Jordan at all as a player.
Not to mention, those guys are all low bball iq era level players. who all emulate rather poorly being of the same Ilk and skill as Michael Jordan. Plus the purely potent ones are exact failed far from stylistic. or as potent knock off based off of actual ramping periods from Jordan himself.

So, if Jordan never played in their era.

They would never have any defense and no ramp ability to match a way more skilled Jordan.
who would in just the dribble drive jordan incarnation era alone. That Jordan would score thirty seven easy just off gp. Not to mention the additional spoils in a bball iq inferior era as well. Jordan would recook the league.
All the so-called Vince Carter emulation eastbay would never exist. Eastbay would not even be term because jordan is why the store is known period. Mamba Kobe matrix would never exist. Of which it would be a smaller bean with no Jordan matrix and of a Euro feorcity in Kobe as well. So all this Jordan would not do all shyt over again is Stoopid as fukk. There would be no ivo fascination.
if not for Mike.
So how are you trying to say a whole gen.
who does not watch film readily available to them.
Plus, do not know or have properly high bball iq for their level of play. How are those players going to mAke a leap past this new Jordan.
who has YouTube and knows to watch even more Connie, Julius and Dave. He knows that he could grow and works out even more to beat his superior five eight state championship dunking older brother.
Jordan also out does his previous Mickie D's controversial snubbin and is credited for his over the top skilled play and incoming NBA professional arrival. Imagine this Jordan also hitting or this time completely blowing out Mac mclung at georgetown. Where McClung and company do not know an Eastbay dunk. This Jordan also dominates cam reddish, Barrett and Zion in the account at duke. Making up for the discrepancy betweene dean to roy as a tar heel.

So, all this imaginary what if Chucky in fresh comic book talk would still result in Mike still dominating the NBA.

All this what if talk is because nikkaz too emo to deal wit it. So I will definitely provide them more pain.
All because the mj what if story plays out with even more freakish results in jordan's favor.

Art Barr

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All this is you selectively trying to leave out my conclusion in the discussion about wiggins. As a potential nba draft pick and as a summer league hopeful.
of which you must have not been present the cavs had summer league material readily available. So, it once again shows you do not know your source material.
nor do you know anything related to this discussion.
not to mention, you bringing up tourney results anD being silly enough to mention kd like he was a tourney one and done savant.
You so damn dumb, ignorant to the actual facts and game.
You did not realize you made a mistake in that as well.
yet I will show how you so dumb and don't know wtf you talembout.
By spelling it out for you.

Then when you skim that selection, like everything else.
then cite some more easily recognizable bullshyt, to try to deflect on.
I will once again expose you too.

I already answered any dialogue about wiggins in this instance about ferocity, and his land of origin and since you are such a great detective.
you should bring up all my content on wiggins that definitively defines wiggins as such.
case in point, look up any rants after the draft and summer league and add those as well.
including the rants on lebron which have been prophecy.
lebron went from four straight titles, potentially in cleveland.

to create what will become some false narrative admin based coup of Mr quicken.
when, in reality.
what is occurring is James is so selfish and also incapable of galvanizing a unit of similar like parts and pedigree.
he will not take on the responsibility.
while creating a passive aggressive narcissistic safety blanket.
to shield lebron from real critique as a ball player.
while, also falsely trying to re-appeal for the title of the goat.

That has been out of his reach since his rookie season and further cemented when he was swept in the finals by San antonio.

then also factor in the general idea, that people say lebron is the goat and makes all players better and has such a high iq. That he should be able to will and ramp a number one draft pedigreed and one of one in his genration talent.
along with kyrie the other one of one in his generation number one drafted talent without fail. (Without fail means without losing, btw. Meaning four titles, and the basis of my rant you missed. All cause you do not read or know wtf you talembout.)

which played out in lebron's favor.
when he was not opposite a similar number one draft pedigreed college player additionally added to the finals realm with gs. Where said Durant is taller and has a larger more proficient skill set in scoring, and rivals the utility box skillset of lebron. Easily, canceling out lebron's previous higher pedigreed and fully staffed unit. cancelling out the small advantage via pedigree and health. lebron had on paper. outside of just circumstance to win, against the record setting old version of gs.

Now, if you take simple pedigree like I have said in this argument you wanna stray away from. To bring up points made outside of my conclusion for wiggins, as a pro. Not in college but as a pro.
of which is in the dialogue rants from summer league and subsequent rants about lebron.

yet incomparison, before injury a second rate ramp up Jimmy butler before injury.
had the wolves at the three seed.

So, how is lebron with inferior parts so great at elevating similar talent and when he has thee lesser talent he asked for.

They enter the offs as the four seed.
whereas an injury leader depleted wolves had to reqcquire their second round draft pick ramp up leader after injury and still make the offs.
with much better talent.
so, by simple pedigree we can see a second round rampup guy like jb.
does have inefficiencies to a higher pedigreed number one draft pick fully staffed roster talent with less more or similar parts.

Which is easily seen by,...if we take into comparison lebron playing a full season of eighty two games, and minus two top draft pedigreed players.

You sir,....
are a fukk'n cognitive lacking idiot and are so shortsighted and missing key components of data in the discussion.
You have to be spelled out what you watched play out for four years dead in your face.

You sir are an idiot.

Not to mention,....
this whole new milleniAL idea headfake.
like in general someone is supposed to give you a pass.
like you are some savant researcher.
who knows their source and, it is all a lie as well.

Foo Foo I know the internet and people on it by reading text or interaction with you in any realm of telecom, new media etc easily.
as I was there to see all these types of people.
I can easily tell you never looked up any of this shyt.
you definitely do not know anything related to Mike.
past maybe some Homer based emo issues from the firwt of two the shots and getting sixty nine'9.

Art Barr

Yeah, you definitely never watched Mike play consistently at all to say this asinine shyt.

When all those twenty guys you mentioned are not any shade near Jordan at all as a player.
Not to mention, those guys are all low bball iq era level players. who all emulate rather poorly being of the same Ilk and skill as Michael Jordan. Plus the purely potent ones are exact failed far from stylistic. or as potent knock off based off of actual ramping periods from Jordan himself.

So, if Jordan never played in their era.

They would never have any defense and no ramp ability to match a way more skilled Jordan.
who would in just the dribble drive jordan incarnation era alone. That Jordan would score thirty seven easy just off gp. Not to mention the additional spoils in a bball iq inferior era as well. Jordan would recook the league.
All the so-called Vince Carter emulation eastbay would never exist. Eastbay would not even be term because jordan is why the store is known period. Mamba Kobe matrix would never exist. Of which it would be a smaller bean with no Jordan matrix and of a Euro feorcity in Kobe as well. So all this Jordan would not do all shyt over again is Stoopid as fukk. There would be no ivo fascination.
if not for Mike.
So how are you trying to say a whole gen.
who does not watch film readily available to them.
Plus, do not know or have properly high bball iq for their level of play. How are those players going to mAke a leap past this new Jordan.
who has YouTube and knows to watch even more Connie, Julius and Dave. He knows that he could grow and works out even more to beat his superior five eight state championship dunking older brother.
Jordan also out does his previous Mickie D's controversial snubbin and is credited for his over the top skilled play and incoming NBA professional arrival. Imagine this Jordan also hitting or this time completely blowing out Mac mclung at georgetown. Where McClung and company do not know an Eastbay dunk. This Jordan also dominates cam reddish, Barrett and Zion in the account at duke. Making up for the discrepancy betweene dean to roy as a tar heel.

So, all this imaginary what if Chucky in fresh comic book talk would still result in Mike still dominating the NBA.

All this what if talk is because nikkaz too emo to deal wit it. So I will definitely provide them more pain.
All because the mj what if story plays out with even more freakish results in jordan's favor.

Art Barr
How much of your life did I just steal man? :damn:

Neither I nor ANYONE else is gonna read that, you just wasting your time rambling. :heh:

Come on man, you can't have that much time left, make the most of it. :whoa:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jordan was an athletic freak and supremely driven.
No doubt about it. He'd be elite in any era.

I've come around to the reality that we often do lionize the past and we need to check ourselves.

The league in the 1980s and 1990s just wasn't as talented as it is today. You have to consider that in terms of the average player, not just the top guys you can rattle off from memory.
Zone defenses would actually impact his effectiveness. He himself stated exactly that: If Zone Defenses Come In, Stars May Go Out

The subject was defense in the NBA, and Michael Jordan was speaking, although more about offense, especially his. We know few defenses could do anything about that.

But there was one that might be bothersome, the zone defense. It was the topic du jour at last month's All-Star Game, and Jordan was making an impassioned plea before the competition committee that had gathered to consider rules changes to enliven the NBA game. Jordan spoke passionately. If teams were able to play zone defenses, he said, he never would have had the career he did.

And while Jordan has all the 40 and 50-point games on his resume to prove he could go off on any given night, it's not like it was always easy for him. Hell, we've noted many times that he has struggled with effectiveness/efficiency.
In Game 1 of the first round of the 1998 playoffs, Jordan scored 39 points against Kendall Gill and the Nets. But those 39 points came on 11 of 27 shooting....and 23 free throw attempts.
Game 2 was better -- 32 points on 9 of 19...but again, 17 free throws.
Game 1 vs Bobby Phills and the Hornets in the next round saw him go for 35 points on 11 of 26....again, 14 free throws. And there are more examples.

And this is a rather noticeable pattern on Jordan's part. He was elite at getting to the basket...which, is just good basketball. Attacking the rim will just about always be good strategy. But understanding that helps to dispel the notion that he just fade awayed and dunked his way to 35 every night.

Daps
Jordan was the most athletic player to ever play and also by far the most skilled (together with Magic Johnson). His body control, dexterity, first step (young MJ had the quickest in NBA history imo), speed and agility were second to none. He was the supreme athlete in every sense of the word.

He also had the unique ability to "hang" in the air far longer than any human should be allowed to. His huge hands, one of the hugest in NBA history for a non-center and even centers' included gave him the ability to palm the ball in mid-air and together with his hangtime, manipulate his shots.

Which is why I never understood the Kobe is this generations MJ sentiment. Sure, Kobe copied MJ's perimeter game, but he left the other stuff alone. He couldn't do 90% of the stuff in the video above. Only Jordan could. Combine that with Jordan possessing arguably the best midrange jumpshot in NBA history, you had the most devastating offensive weapon the game has ever seen.