How did DC end up Larry Holmes in pop culture while Marvel ended up so popular? (no troll post)

Daps
If you think so but uh Marvel got multiple movies that made more money and more people saw. :manny:

Dc might not be pushing out as many movies as Marvel, but plenty of people have seen the dark knight trilogy as well as superman vs batman and man of steel.

Dc has just about everything else on lock.:dame:

Batman is still the #1 most popular superhero in the game.:myman:

I'm just not too receptive of these marvel stanning/dc bashing threads when most of it is bullsh!t.:ehh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The dark knight is more memorable than any movie marvel has in its arsenal.

Literally set the standard for what a classic superhero movie is supposed to look like.:youngsabo:

If thats the standard? Then why DC struggling so badly to exceed it yet alone duplicate it?:jbhmm:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Dc might not be pushing out as many movies as Marvel, but plenty of people have seen the dark knight trilogy as well as superman vs batman and man of steel.

Dc has just about everything else on lock.:dame:

Batman is still the #1 most popular superhero in the game.:myman:

I'm just not too receptive of these marvel stanning/dc bashing threads when most of it is bullsh!t.:ehh:

Ironman just took Batman's spot. His last 4 movie appearances are all billion dollar movies. Batman's last isn't.
If you're the target demographic for the super hero genre (13-15 years old) you probably haven't even seen the Dark Knight trilogy. Shyt is old to them.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I have a question..... how does this work, does more money typically mean more tickets sold, meaning more people saw it or na?:ohhh:

Cuz last I checked.... and literally... that last time I check until today was yesterday when Cap 3 was #16 on the All Time list but as of today at #14 gaining on LOTR 3 and further distancing itself from the highest grossing Batman movie TDKR?:patrice:

Or is the reality really that Marvel stans are crazy, they each saw the movie 10 times each to push them #'s up while DC stans only saw TDKR once and therefore a larger audience saw that movie over the smaller audience that saw Cap 3?:mindblown:

Daps
If thats the standard? Then why DC struggling so badly to exceed it yet alone duplicate it?:jbhmm:

The dark knight is one of the greatest movies of all time. That isn't something that you can just duplicate or exceed at the drop of a dime.

We know Marvel hasn't exceeded it and most likely will never reach that type of excellence. :youngsabo:

If dc tops itself, dc is still gonna be the standard. Meanwhile Marvel is still tryna meet that standard created by dc.:dame:

Daps
Ironman just took Batman's spot. His last 4 movie appearances are all billion dollar movies. Batman's last isn't.
If you're the target demographic for the super hero genre (13-15 years old) you probably haven't even seen the Dark Knight trilogy. Shyt is old to them.

Batman goes beyond just movies.:manny:

He got decades of recognition to his name. He hasn't left that #1 spot.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Arrow, supergirl, gotham city, flash>>>>
Agents of shield :martin:

Comic books:mjlol:

Pop culture is mainly about the casual audience. DC is ahead of marvel in that regard.:manny:

Dude... I get you may be trynna ride for the DC... and I respect that cuz gotdamn "other" niccas done went and ran to Witness Protection spots and are hiding out till August, so somebody has to pic up the flag. I do respect that.

But saying Supergirl (a show so bad even CBS was like :camby:) is better than Agents is :russ:

Keeping it 100, the only 2 thats really been consistently great HAS been Flash and Agents. People are turning on Arrow to the point cats are even attacking the guy playing Ollie on twitter, no one really strongly feels Legends.... a show mind you thats EVERYTHING that DC stans LOVE to attempt to clown Marvel movies about (campy, jokes, lack of threat or stakes, soft villain, you get the point), and then Gotham is just :manny:, yea people LOVE Batman..... but everyone absolute :scust: Baby Bruce Wayne.

We need to have a come to Jesus meeting about whats real, not even Constantine was safe from that fade!:huhldup:

Daps
Numbers don't lie my dude. They both starred in a movie this year and Ironman won critically and commercially. Those decades of recognition didn't seem to help. :manny:

Batman overall sells more than iron man. I'm not solely talking about movies either.:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The dark knight is one of the greatest movies of all time. That isn't something that you can just duplicate or exceed at the drop of a dime.

We know Marvel hasn't exceeded it and most likely will never reach that type of excellence. :youngsabo:

If dc tops itself, dc is still gonna be the standard. Meanwhile Marvel is still tryna meet that standard created by dc.:dame:

I wont even deny that TDK was great, but so was CAP 2 and Cap 3.

:bryan: at Marvel trynna meet a standard created by DC

Nicca Marvel right now shadow boxing and sparring with they own camp cuz they have no real outside competition.

The DC Marvel shyt really on some;

"You made it a hot line (TDK), I made it a hot song (MARVEL EXTENDED UNIVERSE)":banderas:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
@jayshiggs

I'm out my brother.... I'm gonna let you continue you this, cuz I'm a fair guy and I dont wanna make it seem like I'm trynna jump this brother.... Its peace and I respect him carrying the flag that others dropped.

I spoke what I needed to speak

Aint no one been really wanting to touch the DC flag for atleast 2 weeks so respect:salute: