How come the hood doesn't recognize the brillance of The Godfather 1 and 2?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no gangster movie that compares to The Godfather 1 and 2.
Those two movies are among the top 10 movies in history...not just "gangster" movies.
You could argue that virtually all modern family dramas are derived from The Godfather saga.
Whenever someone tries to say that Al Pacino's best movie is Carlito's Way or Scarface, I can't even believe it. :dahell:

Those are probably his two most low brow movies.

Carlito's Way = top 3 movie of all time for me

Carlito's Way > Scarface

Now I still enjoy Carlito's Way more than The Godfather but I have no problem if one disagreed.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Here's a cool pic of Pacino, Al Lettieri and Patsy Eboli, a Genovese capo at that time.
cn_image.size.godfather-family-0903-01.jpg

Walkman

Banned
Daps
Cuz the Godfather didn't fukk with no nikkaz, at least in Goodfellas they had stacks :manny:

Again look at the tome frame and era and how historically accurate the movie was trying to be.

Mad Men ain't showing the opposite of what was going on pre and post Civil Rights and making the show not politically and historically invorrect. nikkas back then didnt have ot like we do now of course. Same with the Godfather or any movie that is trying to be as close to correct as possible, they trying be on point with it.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Again look at the tome frame and era and how historically accurate the movie was trying to be.

Mad Men ain't showing the opposite of what was going on pre and post Civil Rights and making the show not politically and historically invorrect. nikkas back then didnt have ot like we do now of course. Same with the Godfather or any movie that is trying to be as close to correct as possible, they trying be on point with it.
Bruh, one thing you will never get is an accurate portrayal of anything when made by people of another color
Because then you wouldn't be thinking that the black man was for the most part, just nikkaz who was chillin in unfortunate situations
Back in these times, black people was doing plenty.

Tulsa Oklahoma, you dropped a bomb on me :birdman: baby

:manny:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
You literally have to sit certain cats down and introduce them to Godfather 1 and 2 .I've don't this on numerous occasions.. but after they watch it they're:ohhh::wow::blessed:

Walkman

Banned
Daps
Bruh, one thing you will never get is an accurate portrayal of anything when made by people of another color
Because then you wouldn't be thinking that the black man was for the most part, just nikkaz who was chillin in unfortunate situations
Back in these times, black people was doing plenty.

Tulsa Oklahoma, you dropped a bomb on me :birdman: baby

:manny:

Yeah Im not saying Black people wont doing nothing but Im speaking on the average Black man/woman and family.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother. You're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels. I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance so I won't be there"

:wow:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
In my opinion, as far as FFC's filmography goes, Apocalypse Now >>>> The Godfather 1 & 2....:manny:

I love the Vietnam era though, so I'm a little biased.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
You literally have to sit certain cats down and introduce them to Godfather 1 and 2 .I've don't this on numerous occasions.. but after they watch it they're:ohhh::wow::blessed:
I did this with City of God once....was extremely proud of myself to have introduced the homies to one of my favorite movies, a subtitled one at that....:wow: :obama: