How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
It’s the way the biz is now. If mtv didn’t play Britney and them after a rap song I wouldn’t know their work. MTV don’t exsist in that form so people not exposed to other genres anymore
Underrated take. I know most white artists because of The Box....they'd play Ruff Ryders Anthem...then Playa Why U Hatin...then Christina Aguilera, Genie In A Bottle...Britney, Hit Me One More Time...

The radio would play a white artist if Tim or The Neptunes produced their shyt

this era, you can curate yourself out of hearing anything you dont care to hear

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Can't believe this thread took off. shyt isn't even EZ Plat material. Repping OP off general principal.

Matter of fact this is a mind numbing discussion. :snoop::skip:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Anyway she is a blond haired blue eyed country star that went over to pop. She dates white and although her songs are pretty liberal white conservative america rocks with her.

Recipe for success. Is she some outstanding singer? No but neither were the Beatles(play a song by them and listen closely to their voices....yikes). But they were at the right place at the right time. The music industry is not nearly all about talent.

I actually applaud her for not going the culture vulture route. I have no ill will towards her.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Madonna actually had a video with a black dude portraying jesus, which took some balls to do in that era. Lets not compare her to swift....at all
'Like A Prayer'........:russ:

Mufukkas lost their minds when that video premiered. She already had people mad with 'Papa Don't Preach'.​

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nothing against her but as mentioned she's sonically milquetoast to the Black community.

It's cool though she can stay in her lane. Nothing against her. I don't think she has the vocal range either.

TBH I could have listened Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster or a Christina Aguilera album because they had vocal range and had SOUL. I just find most of Taylor Swift's music bland but it's okay that she doesn't appeal to everyone.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
She don’t hang with Pharrell and her music is like plain white bread seasoned with water.

Even her being around Beyoncé feels forced

Beyonce-Taylor-Swift-eras-tour-concert-los-angeles-101123_0480-30c674ce4907412d92610e5f85b20b89.jpg
This was pure PR. The Swifties and the Hive spent the entire year fighting and her fanbase was racist AF too(very unsurprising).