How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Taylor swift type garbage and I fukk with some white people music

Specifically 2000s era white songs idk what sub genre they fall under but I got a whole playlist :wow:

The white people in the 80s was cooking some fire too idk what happened to them in the 90s though :francis:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
She don’t hang with Pharrell and her music is like plain white bread seasoned with water.

Even her being around Beyoncé feels forced

Beyonce-Taylor-Swift-eras-tour-concert-los-angeles-101123_0480-30c674ce4907412d92610e5f85b20b89.jpg

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sums it up. As big as her career is, she really only caters to one demographic - the basic, self-absorbed white girl with first world problems. "Omg I'm literally shaking right now because Starbucks messed up my order and now my day is ruined, I can't even" in musical form.

Spot on!!!

:laff:

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She collaborated with ice spice though so I’m sure she’d like to have more black fans as well

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas

This is interesting because even Paramore had a decent following in the Black community and they don't make "urban music". Yet you'll be hard pressed to see Black folks from all socioeconomic and national status that fukk with Taylor outside of a handful of songs . The only full Taylor albums I've listened to were 1989 and Midnights and other than that I draw a blank face to the rest of her music.

Paramore actually made good music and had a talented band backing the singer up. Plus the lead singer did decent crossover songs with rappers.

Taylor Swift makes extremely generic music and isn't really talented or attractive. It's super corny pop music with no soul. She's extremely mediocre

Adele can sing. Pink did her thang. Sam Smith was cool before the demonic shyt. Not a big Justin Timberlake fan but he had some Pharrell and Timbaland collabs. Color Me Badd had some bangers and the fat white dude could sing his ass off. If a white singer has talent and doesn't do country music then we at least give it a chance