How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Something similar -- this crossed my mind about Ed Sheeran. Mega star, has radio songs wit Beyonce, Cardi B. Even has tried rapping lmao. To this day, I've never met a black man or woman who knew who he was

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
highly elevated white mediocrity with no soul.

madonna had some soul

any singer that can connect does on a instinctual level. nobody had to think about liking them and their color. you heard a jam and it was your jam. even adelle.

swift is watching paint dry the movie. her tone of voice is garbage to me personally and it's never pulled me in for a listen. her shyt sound like old formulaic boy band music cosplaying as something smarter when it's really much worse.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Y'all see now why Aretha said what she said

"Nice gowns"

Also, Madonna and Britany were on MTV, which was a major focal point on pop culture in America.

Madonna helped MTV become what it was.

Young Madonna was a sexual icon too.

A lot of young girls idolized her in the 80s and 90s.

Taylor does not appeal to as wide of an audience. She definitely captures the white girl "Live, Laugh, Love" "Pumpkin Spice" crowd but that's it
She sells more than all of them put together though so this isn’t accurate. She got this shyt on smash :heh:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
On invited to the BBQ note, as trivial as it is, if Taylor ever dated a black man from the industry I guarantee she get more spin and discussion in black circles, especially when she’d drop that inevitable song about it.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I don't have anything against her, her music just don't hit for me. Like I'm not a Post Malone or Jack Harlow fan, but they at least got a few bops that I can appreciate. T Swift makes music that's meant to be played in Macy's or TJ Maxx.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly, she's very relatable to the average yt girl :manny:

RIGHT!!!! "I wish I were Taylor Swift" oh babe, you are!

jasmyn-lawson-aww.gif

I never looked at it that way but now it makes sense. She's the mediocre white girl whisperer

Ok, Ms. Taylor

jasmyn-lawson-okay.gif

FYI, my edible just kicked in and my team is probably going to get blown out. I'm on one lol