How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s the way the biz is now. If mtv didn’t play Britney and them after a rap song I wouldn’t know their work. MTV don’t exsist in that form so people not exposed to other genres anymore
Not to go off on a tangent, but I honestly believe that this is partly why a lot of young urban artists these days are SUPER mid/not that special.

They're frame of reference in regards to musical exposure is so damn limited that it's stifled their creativity. Even worse if they have younger parents that probably listen to the same music as them.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It’s the way the biz is now. If mtv didn’t play Britney and them after a rap song I wouldn’t know their work. MTV don’t exsist in that form so people not exposed to other genres anymore
Dang. This is a better version of what I was thinking.

The lack of visual/ dance choreography keeps her limited to her white base. People remember N sync videos or Britney Spears outfits because they saw them regularly. I mostly only know Taylor Swift from department store speakers.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Because she’s an overrated industry plant hack. She can’t dance. Can’t really sing. Garbage subject matter. Phony personality. We see through that I’m just a wacky carefree white girl who just happens to like Kendrick and dance offbeat to a Nicki Minaj track. We know she’s the I have a black friend(Mae the black mammy) and lock the car doors when Jamal walks by type. Shes never made an attempt to appeal to black community either. Brittney collab with Pharrell and was doing shyt with snoop. Madonna owes her whole career to black people(riding basquait gay dikk, Leon rodgers) Swift has been in the industry(due to rich fam connections btw) and hasn’t made a single attempt outside a terrible shyt remix with kendrick

Last edited:

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as looks and persona, she is the embodiment of Plain Jane.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Weird thread ...

But some of yall in here listening to Paramore is 🤣