How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Taylor don’t have a song outside of Shake it off and the Bad Blood song that I could hear on black radio lol. There’s that other song(maybe blank space) but that shyt sounds kinda bland too. I didn’t care about Britany but Madonna got with the right folk and it worked. I just don’t expect to hear Taylor on black radio

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
She should be sending ye monthly gift baskets because he blew her tf up
Based off what? The fact you didn’t know about her until that point?
She already had two multi platinum albums and was in the process of winning the biggest award of the show when he pulled that stunt
The trajectory was already set.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Madonna had Babyface and Dallas Austin and giving her heat at one point...

At least Madonna had no issues displaying her thirst for the BBC

Hell, she had so much power that Pac was able to take a extra shower while locked up.

Taylor Swift gives off :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:vibes
Taylor may be a brat but racism would kill her. She knows that. It would just make Kanye right...

Roger king

Superstar
Daps

She is very talented and has a good voice. This is my favorite song of hers, i have a couple of songs i play depending on the mood as well.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
They've made songs over the years with urban artists or had songs that had that crossover potential due to the beats and other factors during that time, so the answer is yes.

Taylor doesn't have that not to mention the fact that she comes off as corny by the larger mass.

Paramore is an exception to that as there are/were a lot of kids that grew up in the "emo phase" and/or rocked with that type of music at the time such as myself. They're a different conversation and discussion altogether and shouldn't be lumped in with those other artists.
I think you right :ohhh:

And "ain't in fun" is Black as fukk

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She should be sending ye monthly gift baskets because he blew her tf up
You’re overlooking the important detail that a lot of the Swifties either don’t know or remember that situation. Not to mention, she’s even bigger now than she was from even a few years ago.