How come Batman can't be black?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
18406-1294.jpg
pp13.jpg

They look nothing alike :dwillhuh:. You can look at these two and tell yourself they look alike, but people can tell you that the creators have said that Luthor's appearance was based on Greek actor Telly Savalas and you call bullshyt? :what:

Furthermore,

http://www.avclub.com/articles/twoface-parts-1-and-2,51399/

that nikka is brown skin with an identical hairline, he just ain't got a mustache they don't have to indentical
they made the dude brown skin because thats how he was in the extremely popular movie, don't matter who did the voice overs it ain't the first time a white person did voice overs for non white characters
show me another character in the animated series who looks like Dent with full lips, they don't draw full lips on white characters for the most part
and luthor looks nothing like that greek actor he looks just like Dent without the hair

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So change the backstory.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh but we don't want that do we?
what, he's the king of a reclusive european country with sought after natural resources? will they change his name to White Panther? seriously, i think batman should stay cac but you aren't doing your argument any favors with retarded logic. there's like a handful of black super heroes and you want to talk about white washing them, only white people think like this.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This been brought up before. Neither did Thor or Iron Man, in fact a lot of people weren't familiar with those characters, but look how successful their first films were. Marvel knows how to market and promote their properties. Guardians of the Galaxy is another one that people weren't familiar with at first, but now the anticipation is building steam and it no doubt will be a hit when it releases next year. Same case with Ant Man. If they felt confident enough to greenlight a movie based on Ant-man(a character that will no doubt get a "who?" from most people on the street) then there should be no excuse not to put a Black Panther film on the docket.

Yup, Black Panther had WAY more mainstream awareness than Guardians of the Galaxy due to his appearances in animated series and video games.

As for Static people constantly underestimate the popularity of that character. Static Shock was the highest rated show on Kids WB during it's original run, meaning it was getting better ratings than Batman Beyond & Pokemon. After the show ended it went into syndication and consistently performed well there too. The problem with Static was despite the shows rating success the powers that be refused to manufacture products for the character. Dwayne McDuffie said a long time ago that the only reason Static ended was because they couldn't afford to make the show anymore, they never made toys so they never got additional revenue for it. He said the reason he was given was that other people felt the toys wouldn't sell, despite the fact that the show was VERY popular.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what, he's the king of a reclusive european country with sought after natural resources? will they change his name to White Panther? seriously, i think batman should stay cac but you aren't doing your argument any favors with retarded logic. there's like a handful of black super heroes and you want to talk about white washing them, only white people think like this.

That fool knows what he's saying is bullshyt, he's obviously just trolling at this point.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pointless fukking argument bro. Black Panther is one superhero you cac mu fukkas have a billion.

And Black Panther's race is CENTRAL to his character...

I brought up this false equivalency bullshyt before.

Changing the race of ONE out of hundreds of white superheroes is not the same as changing the race of one of the dozens of black superheroes.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's also very telling that some of the people in here are saying Bruce couldn't be black because he comes from "old money" as there aren't ANY Black people who come from old money.