How come Batman can't be black?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funniest thing about some of these dudes on this "Batman can't be black" bullshyt is that they've actually done stories before where Batman WAS black. I'm not particularly for or against but there's NOTHING about the Batman character that would prevent him from being Black.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
He took on the new superhero Hancock, an alcoholic that needed a white man to fix him, only to reveal he was in love with his white wife, who he became weak when he got close to her. :beli:

:heh: nikka what does that have to do with a "gimmick" casting, absolutely nothing which is why Smith took the role and declined others like Captain America and Superman, it was his chance to play a superhero without any baggage, he could do whatever he wanted with the character, it was his version of "Superman", Smith's now known for being "Hancock" an actual character and a cool looking believable funny hero who did whatever the fukk he wanted to instead of being known for as the "Black Superman" a gimmick as opposed to an actual character which would have been the case if he took the role.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope some of yall realize they've already done a few stories where Superman is Black.

The most recent one was actually very well received by fans.

This is one of those things where initially people lose their shyt about something not being exactly like they're used to but when it's done well they realize it's not a huge fukking deal. Kind of like people losing the shyt about the Jokers face not actually being white but face paint in the Dark Knight.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Billy Dee Williams was dent in Batman so it only made sense they made Dent resemble him in the animated series
18406-1294.jpg
pp13.jpg

They look nothing alike :dwillhuh:. You can look at these two and tell yourself they look alike, but people can tell you that the creators have said that Luthor's appearance was based on Greek actor Telly Savalas and you call bullshyt? :what:

Furthermore,

http://www.avclub.com/articles/twoface-parts-1-and-2,51399/

Al Pacino was originally approached to voice Two-Face. Two-Face’s line when he robs the bookie, “For the next five minutes, I'm in control!" is spoken by Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
White people would be livid if they let a black play batman. It would flop and never happen again. Like its already been expressed, whitewashing is just fine as long as it ain't the other way around.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
If Batman were black :obama: If not :manny:. I think a black batman would be interesting due to the fact that it's not "safe". I like boldness in my art, greatness comes from stepping outside the confines of conformity.

Last edited:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it would be interesting to see...i'd be for it

never really asked this question or cared about it, but hey i'd like to see it tho

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Static Shock and Black Panther dont have big enough markets to warrant a movie they aren't anywhere near as popular as batman, spiderman, and supes

This been brought up before. Neither did Thor or Iron Man, in fact a lot of people weren't familiar with those characters, but look how successful their first films were. Marvel knows how to market and promote their properties. Guardians of the Galaxy is another one that people weren't familiar with at first, but now the anticipation is building steam and it no doubt will be a hit when it releases next year. Same case with Ant Man. If they felt confident enough to greenlight a movie based on Ant-man(a character that will no doubt get a "who?" from most people on the street) then there should be no excuse not to put a Black Panther film on the docket.