How come Batman can't be black?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because nobody is pushing for it to happen. Robert Townsend was able to make a black superhero movie he created with Meteor Man

Bullshyt nobody is pushing for it. There are black writers out there pushing sci-fi and superhero fiction HARD, but the powers that be are ignoring them. The Milestone guys are STILL out there trying to get shyt made and help others tell our stories but there's a glass ceiling.

And the only reason Meteor Man was able to get made was because it was a COMEDY and Robert Townsend knew the right people in order to get the movie made.

You should read some of shyt certain black writers, directors, and other creators have said about how fukked up things can be at times. Even Dwayne McDuffie had trouble getting Static Shock on the air. They wanted to turn the lead white, they refused to make toys for the show, and DC constantly dikked him around when it came to publishing comics.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt nobody is pushing for it. There are black writers out there pushing sci-fi and superhero fiction HARD, but the powers that be are ignoring them. The Milestone guys are STILL out there trying to get shyt made and help others tell our stories but there's a glass ceiling.

And the only reason Meteor Man was able to get made was because it was a COMEDY and Robert Townsend knew the right people in order to get the movie made.

You should read some of shyt certain black writers, directors, and other creators have said about how fukked up things can be at times. Even Dwayne McDuffie had trouble getting Static Shock on the air. They wanted to turn the lead white, they refused to make toys for the show, and DC constantly dikked him around when it came to publishing comics.

and that's what it takes, connections. Just like I eluded to earlier when I mentioned having the right people behind it.
The ones with connections aren't pushing for it. I know about the struggles blacks face in the industry and I'm in the same boat. Big studio/Hollywood route isn't the only way to make film. Foreign distributors, independent, or whatever else, a film can be made it's just about budgeting. Who knows, make a successful indie and a big Hollywood studio may back you for the sequel.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
How many cacs would go to the movies to watch it?
They want their superheroes white, they can't stand them nikkas doing nikka thangs...
It's good for the "regular" movies, but they ain't trying to see that.
Remember the scandal off of that black spider man? They :mjpls: and I guess they're cancelling the Ultimate Spiderman thing...I guess it ain't selling :patrice: wonder why :skip:

(A) The Entire Ultimate Universe is supposedly ending.

(B) Miles Morrales is coming to the 616

(C) I'm sure more Whites are purchasing Ultimate Comics Spider-man than blacks.

(D) If a Black superhero book isn't getting sales, who should be to blame if not Blacks?

(E) I bet yo ass ain't buying the book?, how many copies of Mighty Avengers you plan on purchasing?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and that's what it takes, connections. Just like I eluded to earlier when I mentioned having the right people behind it.
The ones with connections aren't pushing for it. I know about the struggles blacks face in the industry and I'm in the same boat. Big studio/Hollywood route isn't the only way to make film. Foreign distributors, independent, or whatever else, a film can be made it's just about budgeting. Who knows, make a successful indie and a big Hollywood studio may back you for the sequel.

Again,. Bullshyt...

You'll find few people with more connections than Reggie Hudlin and he had trouble just getting a damned cartoon made (even though he was running BET at the time).

I don't know why you seem to think it's so damn easy for black folks to get films made. Even the MOST prominent black writers, directors, and producers have gone on record saying it's hard for them to get the funding to make films. Spike Lee had to go to kickstarter just to get his new film funded.

There are a lot of things standing in the way of seeing a Superhero film with a predominantly black cast being made, but people "not pushing for it" sure as hell aint one of them.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
(A) The Entire Ultimate Universe is supposedly ending.

Rumor as of right now. They're just doing an Event that focuses on Galactus.

(B) Miles Morrales is coming to the 616

I doubt it's on a permanent basis. They had planted seeds for this already a good while ago during the Spider-Men comic when Peter came over to the Ultimate Universe.

(C) I'm sure more Whites are purchasing Ultimate Comics Spider-man than blacks.

Mainly because of how stupid comic book distribution is now. Comic book publisher are catering to an ever shrinking market.

(D) If a Black superhero book isn't getting sales, who should be to blame if not Blacks?

There are more white comic book readers currently than Black comic book readers. Even if EVERY black comic book reader in American and Canada bought black comics they still wouldn't sell very well due to the fact that it's such a small pool of readers.

There's plenty of blame to go around as to why GOOD black comics don't sell. The publishers don't push the books very hard, the retailers don't buy the books, and many white fans CLEARLy aren't trying to give the books a chance. White comic book fans resistance to black comics have been WELL documented. there's only been a couple of exceptions in regards to how fans perceive black comics, and if the book has a black writer it stands absolutely no chance.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
There are more white comic book readers currently than Black comic book readers. Even if EVERY black comic book reader in American and Canada bought black comics they still wouldn't sell very well due to the fact that it's such a small pool of readers.

There's plenty of blame to go around as to why GOOD black comics don't sell. The publishers don't push the books very hard, the retailers don't buy the books, and many white fans CLEARLy aren't trying to give the books a chance. White comic book fans resistance to black comics have been WELL documented. there's only been a couple of exceptions in regards to how fans perceive black comics, and if the book has a black writer it stands absolutely no chance.

people really dont understand the numbers and the fact that there are WAY more white people in america. then when it comes to comics, its still a niche. knowing a few black people in comics and animation, trying to get black related comics out has little to do with effort. dudes try HARD. the percentages of black dudes doing comics is also pretty low. i've met cats who've been black listed from working for majors in comics, and when they try to do creator owned shyt, their shyt some how has the hardest time getting distributed.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again,. Bullshyt...

You'll find few people with more connections than Reggie Hudlin and he had trouble just getting a damned cartoon made (even though he was running BET at the time).

I don't know why you seem to think it's so damn easy for black folks to get films made. Even the MOST prominent black writers, directors, and producers have gone on record saying it's hard for them to get the funding to make films. Spike Lee had to go to kickstarter just to get his new film funded.

There are a lot of things standing in the way of seeing a Superhero film with a predominantly black cast being made, but people "not pushing for it" sure as hell aint one of them.
That's why I mentioned going the non big studio route and make something low in budget. TV works a little different than the film business so I can't speak on Hudlin's problems but I imagine it had to do with the advertisers.

Nothing is easy about making a movie, but it isn't impossible. Independent route is our best solution for the time being.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Rumor as of right now. They're just doing an Event that focuses on Galactus.

I doubt it's on a permanent basis. They had planted seeds for this already a good while ago during the Spider-Men comic when Peter came over to the Ultimate Universe.

Mainly because of how stupid comic book distribution is now. Comic book publisher are catering to an ever shrinking market.

I well aware of everything you stated above. I was responding to asshat above who said the book was going to end, because Whites weren't buying. Well shyt shut the fukk up and go buy it. You want kids to have Black superhero's to read about/look up to, buy the damn book, you don't have to be a comic book reader to purchase comic books, you only have to be aware of the the existence of said book. Crying racism because Black comics don't sell....and then not going to purchase them yourself is hypocritical(Still talking about him) . But getting mad at marvel/dc/image because Black comics don't sell, while Blacks don't give a shyt about purchasing them is just crazy.

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
LOOK at the cover of the ORIGINAL Batman comic book.

220px-Detective_Comics_27.jpg

Using Moorish Science, you can see where the Caucspiracy has photoshopped Batman's ORIGINAL MELANATED skin and replaced it with GRAFTED RECESSIFIED devil-hide. The ORIGINAL statues of Batman in KEMET have all had their Negroid noses REMOVED by the so-called JEW. Knowledge is POWER.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I mentioned going the non big studio route and make something low in budget. TV works a little different than the film business so I can't speak on Hudlin's problems but I imagine it had to do with the advertisers.

Nothing is easy about making a movie, but it isn't impossible. Independent route is our best solution for the time being.

Some things CAN'T be made low budget, and even going the independent route still takes a LOT of money that's difficult to raise, and those cost increase exponentially depending on the genre you're focusing on. There's a reason why the vast majority of independent films are drama, comedies, and horror films.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOOK at the cover of the ORIGINAL Batman comic book.

220px-Detective_Comics_27.jpg

Using Moorish Science, you can see where the Caucspiracy has photoshopped Batman's ORIGINAL MELANATED skin and replaced it with GRAFTED RECESSIFIED devil-hide. The ORIGINAL statues of Batman in KEMET have all had their Negroid noses REMOVED by the so-called JEW. Knowledge is POWER.

:ohhh: Plus degrees

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
those are some nikkaz lips no jason collins
he's black just like Harvey Dent was in the Batman Animated Series, which was based on 89 Batman
where Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams,
they are both drawn the exact same way
that's right, 1 drop rule yourself to death. anyone with even a hint of color is black :krs:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some things CAN'T be made low budget, and even going the independent route still takes a LOT of money that's difficult to raise, and those cost increase exponentially depending on the genre you're focusing on. There's a reason why the vast majority of independent films are drama, comedies, and horror films.
Doesn't have to be superhero flashy special effects type of film. Somebody like Night Thrasher, for example, could be done going the indie route whether as a short, web-series, or full length. Hell, if I could get the rights and get the costumes needed, I would definitely put together a Night Thrasher series of shorts.