How come Batman can't be black?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those are some nikkaz lips no jason collins
he's black just like Harvey Dent was in the Batman Animated Series, which was based on 89 Batman
where Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams,
they are both drawn the exact same way
:mindblown:
Luthor's design are based on Telly Savalas
Telly_Savalas_Kojak_1973.JPG

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are thousands of Green Lanterns in the DC universe. Hal Jordan is white and John Stewart is black.

Hal is the better Lantern and he is more popular. That's why they chose him to be the star of the film.

You people really are pathetic. You are really going to disagree with the people that created the fukking show? Lex Luther was created as A WHITE CHARACTER. I don't care what he looks like to you. He isn't black, because you think that's what he is. The creators didn't create him as a black character. Therefor he is not black.

First off the creator's of the show didn't design the characters some ASIANS did
the dude is drawn black in the cartoon, I know Lex Luthor is white
pull up a picture of GL and Luthor, their lips are drawn exactly the same, thats how asians draw black people

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off the creator's of the show didn't design the characters some ASIANS did
the dude is drawn black in the cartoon, I know Lex Luthor is white
pull up a picture of GL and Luthor, their lips are drawn exactly the same, thats how asians draw black people
StaffOfficerBlackRedRibbonArmyNV.png

:usure:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
IMO, a character doesn't have to be well-known to public and/or popular amongst comic book fans. Grab a character and make a dope film like Blade. There may not be a shyt ton of black characters but the amount we have is enough to make a few films about. All it takes are the right people behind it to get it going. Blackjack (Arron Day) would translate to film, could start a franchise, and give shine to black creators
M

Exactly. People act like Iron Man was a top tier Marvel character BEFORE the iron man films. Marvel is hot right now, you get a good script, a good lead actor, and a good director and a Black Panther film WILL do business. A Power Man film WILL do business. I mean their hyping the shyt out of a goddamn Guardians Of The Galaxy with a talking Rac00n and a Tree:heh:.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
M

Exactly. People act like Iron Man was a top tier Marvel character BEFORE the iron man films. Marvel is hot right now, you get a good script, a good lead actor, and a good director and a Black Panther film WILL do business. A Power Man film WILL do business. I mean their hyping the shyt out of a goddamn Guardians Of The Galaxy with a talking Rac00n and a Tree:heh:.

True but with the Civil War arc, it brought Iron Man back to the forefront. Furthermore he is basically, 2nd in command after Captain America as a West Coast Avenger and he built their tower.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
I do think Superman would be harder to pull off as someone of another race though.

I disagree, if anything Superman should be easier to pull off because of the fact that he is an alien. If you were adapted by a family in Kansas and was raised with their values, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be white as there are blacks, asians, etc in Kansas too lol. (all irrelevant anyway since he is an adopted child from another planet).

Just my opinion tho, when I was a kid I always looked at Superman as racially ambiguous in the animated series to project myself as the dude, even tho I know the character is sposed to be white - I just rationalize it as him being an alien therefore the race shyt doesn't count :laugh: guess that's why there are folks here so adamant to hold on to the childhood memory of Lex being black since he was drawn a specific way despite the fact that we all know he is white. :manny:

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO, a character doesn't have to be well-known to public and/or popular amongst comic book fans. Grab a character and make a dope film like Blade. There may not be a shyt ton of black characters but the amount we have is enough to make a few films about. All it takes are the right people behind it to get it going. Blackjack (Arron Day) would translate to film, could start a franchise, and give shine to black creators

I didn't say anything about characters being well known, I said most black characters don't have the stories to support a feature film. Most of the black characters owned by the major publishers are too closely integrated to superhero teams and have little to no development outside of those teams.

M

Depends on what you mean by "Top tier".

He never had the mainstream appeal of Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk, or the X-men but he was a known entity that appeared in cartoons, videogames, and on clothing. In the comics the character has ALWAYS been treated as one of Marvel premier characters. Iron Man has consistently had solo series running in addition to his cameo appearances and placement on the Avengers. And as another poster alluded to Civil War made Iron Man even more of an important character and that event happened well before the Iron Man film had even gone into production. Hell they were still drawing Tony Stark to look like Tom Cruise back then.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Going off the Ben Affleck hoopla, I've always wondered why actors like Will Smith or Denzel ain't get a chance to play traditionally white super hero roles. I see hollywood do the reverse all the time. They take roles that should go to people of color and have a white person do it. Angelina Jolie played a black woman in that Daniel Pearl movie. Johnny Depp played an Indian in the Lone Ranger. Keanu Reeves is playing an asian in some new Samuri movie, etc.

Its almost like cacs can play any role including roles made for people of color. Yet, we can't be Batman or Superman because they were made white in the comics. Let just ignore the fact Superman is supposed to be an alien. :beli:
Because there arent any black billionare with the influence and power of Bruce Wayne. They could make that nikka nightwing or some shyt.

Also, there arent alot of black people in Gotham so wouldnt a black Batman be a c00n?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From all the polls I remember seeing before the movie even came out Hal always won by a landslide.

But am I right about Hal being better?

I wouldn't even agree with that.

When it comes to the Green Lanterns who's better ultimately comes down to a matter of personal taste. Of the four main ones all of them are strong characters that could be the lead in a film IMO.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree, if anything Superman should be easier to pull off because of the fact that he is an alien. If you were adapted by a family in Kansas and was raised with their values, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be white as there are blacks, asians, etc in Kansas too lol. (all irrelevant anyway since he is an adopted child from another planet).

Just my opinion tho, when I was a kid I always looked at Superman as racially ambiguous in the animated series to project myself as the dude, even tho I know the character is sposed to be white - I just rationalize it as him being an alien therefore the race shyt doesn't count :laugh: guess that's why there are folks here so adamant to hold on to the childhood memory of Lex being black since he was drawn a specific way despite the fact that we all know he is white. :manny:

Well let me explain my reasoning.

The reason I feel Superman couldn't work as anything but a white male isn't so much due to his origin. Superman is the most powerful being on earth and his face, his face is fully exposed, and the overwhelming majority of people on the planet look at him as a symbol of everything good in humanity.

If you change him to anything but a white person that particular aspect of the narrative is going to change dramatically.

Think about how fukking crazy people get when it comes to President Obama. Now imagine if Obama was an honest to god Alien that also had godlike powers.

Sure in the comics there (and even the new film) there are people who don't trust Superman and view him as a possible threat, but that shyt would be turned up to 11 if the character were black.