How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
false.. she doesn't have the gravitas nor world enriching awe that is Wakanda..

it will be a buzz among blacks but not on the level as BP, black feminists will try to make it seem like its on BP level but i can guarantee you a Storm solo wont get this much push/hype

but its a werid era we're in, i could be wrong :yeshrug:
Storm has been bigger than Black Panther for over 40 years.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
false.. she doesn't have the gravitas nor world enriching awe that is Wakanda..

it will be a buzz among blacks but not on the level as BP, black feminists will try to make it seem like its on BP level but i can guarantee you a Storm solo wont get this much push/hype

but its a werid era we're in, i could be wrong :yeshrug:
Storm has been bigger than Black Panther for over 40 years.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Cyborg was always a side character imo

BP not so much. Dude was a King with his own shyt that was always viewed as a peer if not better than some of the other heroes in the MCU

BP is like Batman without the backing/push Batman ever got. Cyborg was portrayed pretty well in JL to me so maybe his movie will be something big. BP was never a sidekick even in the Avengers.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
By this logic you can say the same about Kitty Pryde.
Oh no you can't. You see..youre all kids. When The X men got revitalized and saved cancellation, it was Chris Claremont taking over, him pushing the Storm I inernational team over the LILLY white original 5, and him turning Magneto into a story carrying Gray area villain. Ever since they went that direction, the X men took over the comic industry. No one had heard of nor cared about T challa until like the Priest series. He's gotten a great push but Storm was besting Wonder Woman in fan voted contests. Now...they turned against the x characters in Marvel since like early 2003...That's how he got this shot. How the Avengers got their shot.

Kitty Pryde? You don' know what the fukk you'e talking about. She barely made it on the last two animated series. Storm has been the elite female in Marvel until they did this Marvel movie stuff.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Oh no you can't. You see..youre all kids. When The X men got revitalized and saved cancellation, it was Chris Claremont taking over, him pushing the Storm I inernational team over the LILLY white original 5, and him turning Magneto into a story carrying Gray area villain. Ever since they went that direction, the X men took over the comic industry. No one had heard of nor cared about T challa until like the Priest series. He's gotten a great push but Storm was besting Wonder Woman in fan voted contests. Now...they turned against the x characters in Marvel since like early 2003...That's how he got this shot. How the Avengers got their shot.

Kitty Pryde? You don' know what the fukk you'e talking about. She barely made it on the last two animated series. Storm has been the elite female in Marvel until they did this Marvel movie stuff.
No one has ever went out and purchased a storm comic book. I dont even know if she had her own solo series before. The fact is the popular characters even the ones in groups always get their own spinoff. If they can carry that on their own then they are established characters. If not, then they aren’t that popular. This is the reason Antman had lower expectations than all the other avengers movies. He was the least read character of all them. I know plenty of people who’ve read Thor, Hulk, Cap, and even some Ironman solos. But Storm? Always part of an ensemble. True she was one of my favorite X-men. But outside of Wolverine, I wasn’t interested in any of the other characters solo adventures. If they can’t carry a solo comic they probably can’t carry a solo trilogy of films. This is reason Gambit will likely flop. Nobody is checking for a solo Gambit adventure. He’s a cool Xman but boring on his own. Same goes for cyborg, as a teen titan? Flames. but as solo act?:francis:

Last edited: