How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There was a recent run that showed potential children of the Justice League and I honestly thought the interaction between him and his "elseworld" son, and his own father was some of the best stuff written about him in a long time. So that would be a pretty interesting angle in my opinion.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
He never will. DC should focus more on Static Shock, Icon, and John Stewart.

Icon was wack tho, is he even in the DC verse!

Hardware would be iller

Edit:. Just read they are mergijgn/rebooting DC and milestone in earth M.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
He never will. DC should focus more on Static Shock, Icon, and John Stewart.
John Stewart , Mister Terrific, Black Lightening, Bronze Tiger, and Bumblebee are DC owned properties they could do with without licensing.
I don't understand why the guys at Milestone are trying to license and create their own movies with Static and Icon.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Ive been.... glancing at this thread, but ehh...

I don't know if it's been said, or.... looking at the first page, it's been said in a roundabout way.

Cyborg was built from the ground up to be a support player, not a lead character. All the new teen titans were. They wanted a team with a teamy feel to rival the xmen. They succeeded.

But none of them can support anything on their own. Nobody can really either relate to or wants to be them. They don't even really have established history outside of titans history. Except Robin/Flash characters.

Sorry to say, Cyborg doesn't and can't, just like any number of team characters I could name from any and everywhere.

GOtta be an ideal, be relatable, or be what somebody else wants to be. :yeshrug:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
That doesn't mean it would be an event film. Like someone said earlier, black panther and Wonder Woman are always going to be the bigger deals, partially because they were first and their cultural importance. Everyone else, regardless of quality, will never be at that level.

The movie being good or having the capability to be good isn't the issue. It's whether it has the ability to have a huge cultural impact.
Thats because WB and Disney/Marvel put alot money and the leg work.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats because WB and Disney/Marvel put alot money and the leg work.

That's not the point breh. There's something to be said about being first. Always. Superman was huge when it came out partly because it was "first." Batman was huge in 89 partially because it was the first in 20 years.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cyborg can work as a main eventer but the issue is DC just made him a A lister pretty much over night and erased his past .
So in the real world if you like him it's due to his past with the Titans but that past was pretty much erased so in the comics he has no past or connections to sustain a comic even if he was to get the best a list writers and a real push he's always gonna be flat . They need to fix his past

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Cyborg can work as a main eventer but the issue is DC just made him a A lister pretty much over night and erased his past .
So in the real world if you like him it's due to his past with the Titans but that past was pretty much erased so in the comics he has no past or connections to sustain a comic even if he was to get the best a list writers and a real push he's always gonna be flat . They need to fix his past
I think he wouldve been ok if they gave him a new history when the new 52 started. They fukked by not hivgiv him a solo when everyone else got one. He had a late start ontop of everything else and it ultimately fukked him over.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Storm can....She's bigger than Black Panther.

false.. she doesn't have the gravitas nor world enriching awe that is Wakanda..

it will be a buzz among blacks but not on the level as BP, black feminists will try to make it seem like its on BP level but i can guarantee you a Storm solo wont get this much push/hype

but its a werid era we're in, i could be wrong :yeshrug: