How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
My bad I should've clarified I meant brand new characters, I was tying it to my point about Miles and other black legacy characters. I also don't doubt the information you received from that video for a second. From experience kids are waaaaaaay more interested in manga.

I don't fault the fans completely, Marvel and DC could try a lot harder. Outside of the content I think their books are way overpriced, 3.99 and 4.99 shouldn't be the norm for 20 pages of entertainment.

That's my only point. The Twitter generation is never going to make up the majority of comic fans.

I've been watching a lot of commentary on the effect Covid-19 is having on the industry and that point gets made a lot.

Ironheart had a solo last year (12 issues) and she was featured in a team book (Champions). She was much more enjoyable after Bendis left.

I agree about Miles as well but some reason Marvel wants to have a million characters stationed in New York. :gucci:

That's the thing; I wasn't be flip, I haven't heard. Champions is one of those "teen reading" books and I avoid it.

I thought her origin was hella lazy (Rihanna Williams, From Chicago, Friend died of gun violence, Super genius for no reason).

I read a couple issues and felt the existed for no reason (right after Tony "died").

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Steel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cyborg

stop.
that shyt is cap.

cyborg on ttg >>>>>> steel

art barr

there was a black comic imprint that was gaining traction and clout but DC brought them out remember...:manny: how hard is it to hire black writers who want to write comic books...:stopitslime:

I have written about why as a black comic creator.
it is difficult to be a black comic creator.
as you are asked to solve the world's issue and create a character that solves all the issues. When the same companies do not want you to create any media.
that attempts to solves the world issues.
Plus the actual fanbase of black people from casuals to those in a comic book box. All have the same expectations as the end game.
which is the most difficult task to have.
when everyone who makes comics is typically an escapist. Only Aaron mcgruder has answered this call to arms. Yet he was brilliant enough to attack this. Plus win after a very direct attack.
as a creator to the status quo from the comic strip daily media with real world newspaper print market.
with comics it is harder to do as you are asked to create a hero. That is mightier than Malcolm x, a Phillip Randolph and milk put together. Plus do it in a package that is viewed as serious but asked to be so in the social pocket. It also should be the world's greatest comedy and asking any black creator.
to be required to do this.
is why the shortage of creations and creators being black are in the small number they are.

if you don't think so.
think about creating a mass marketed black hero.
who solves every issue and is required to do so. Above and beyond anything Superman to spidey/cap america is responsible for.

when people say Oh why is such and such black person not in comics.
it is a complete byproduct of people being completely naive to what they are asking for.
Plus asking of someone who may never have ever been exposed in this day and age to what that is. Plus you require a black creator to go above and beyond what any other creator is asked. As no other creator is asked nor required to really save the world in comics. Yet black people as comic creators are asked...plus if aware. Has to also be well educated against misappropriation for this task as well.
plus how not to be victimized by misappropriation of this character as well.

art barr

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
That's not true. And things "pop off" when you put work into it. This whole thread is full of reason nobody wants a Cyborg movie.

Carol Danvers, Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Widow, Hawkeye. None of them were poppin' when I really do into being a hardcore comic book customer. And that was only in 2010.

I was watching a video about Marvel last night; younger kids are not going to become hardcore comic book fans because too many thing compete for their attention (IG, Twitter, binge watching shows, etc.). Most comic book fans are still older.

And most of the new stuff is teeny booper bullshyt that gets pushed way too hard when the demo of ppl actually buying single issues is still mid 30's and up.

I love the new X-Men stuff. And even their "teen centered" book isn't Disney channel, teenaged drama.

"don't really have a choice"?? Nah, fam, they either are trying to impress Twitter blue checks or children.

Carol, Ant Man, Black Widow still ain't really poppin if we're keepin it 100.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
yeah

And in Carol's case continue to :skip:

:snoop: And I liked this

I hated her way before the movie;
:beli:

iu

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Steel was a much more fascinating character to me growing up to be honest

Wouldn't mind a proper reboot instead of that Shaq mess we got years ago

There's rumors of a Reign of the Superman film coming soon so it's possible he'll be back

edit: Apparently it's an animated film, but I'm totally okay with that also
Reign of the Supermen

Steel was pretty damn cool when he debuted not gonna lie, def my favorite Superman ally