How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Not to mention they had horses, which are not indigenous to the Americas...or Africa for that matter. Africa got horses when the Hyksos captured Egypt around 1700 BC (the first time a foreign enemy ruled over them...it lasted for about a 100 years).

Hyksos was the so called Ocean invaders correct? That time period is fascinating the Mediterranean was a fukking free for all, Greeks, Kemetians, Nubians, Numidians, Hurrians, Babylonians all them mufukkas was just :demonic:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Reps for anyone who provides sources.
Echos of What Lies Behind the 'Ocean of Fogs' in Muslim Historical Narratives | Muslim Heritage

From the Muslim historian al-Umari (who lived in the 1300's) encyclopedia "Masalik Al-Absar".

First translated in French by Gaudefroy-Demombynes, an Arab-French man who lived from 1862-1957 and studied the history of Islam and religions.

"The ruler who preceded me did not believe that it was impossible to reach the extremity of the ocean that encircles the earth (meaning Atlantic), and wanted to reach to that (end) and obstinately persisted in the design. So he equipped two hundred boats full of men, as many others full of gold, water and victuals sufficient enough for several years. He ordered the chief (admiral) not to return until they had reached the extremity of the ocean, or if they had exhausted the provisions and the water. They set out. Their absence extended over a long period, and, at last, only one boat returned. On our questioning, the captain said: 'Prince, we have navigated for a long time, until we saw in the midst of the ocean as if a big river was flowing violently. My boat was the last one; others were ahead of me. As soon as any of them reached this place, it drowned in the whirlpool and never came out. I sailed backwards to escape this current.' But the Sultan would not believe him. He ordered two thousand boats to be equipped for him and for his men, and one thousand more for water and victuals. Then he conferred on me the regency during his absence, and departed with his men on the ocean trip, never to return nor to give a sign of life..."

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Hyksos was the so called Ocean invaders correct? That time period is fascinating the Mediterranean was a fukking free for all, Greeks, Kemetians, Nubians, Numidians, Hurrians, Babylonians all them mufukkas was just :demonic:
You mean the Sea-Peoples? From what I've read, no one knows where they came from. There are theories that they came from Greece, somewhere in Italy and even Turkey.

The Hyksos came from modern day Jordan, Israel and Syria.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read this and its pretty obvious:

51LVx6UrW5L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Africa certainly had its moment as the greatest region, but Europe would inevitably become a super power simply due to its:
  • Central Location: Trade routes encouraged financing and growth, not to mention technology (i.e. gunpowder).
  • Irrigation: The land in Europe and the Fertile Crescent are much more 'farm-able' than the land in sub-sahara africa. This led to food that required far less work (i.e. hunting), so they could spend time doing other things.
  • General nastiness: White peoples' disgusting habits and close quarters made them build immunities to several bacteria. The Europeans would use these same bacteria to wipe out entire civilizations in Africa and South America. This is probably one of the most overlooked, yet most important factors.

White people spent centuries thinking that their fortune was due to their superior abilities. But really- these European colonies simply benefited from being born in a favorable location

And just like that the crakkka exposed himself.

That book is total bullsh1t and a white supremacist fantasy. Black people ruled and colonized this planet for most of its history thus rendering the entire thesis of this book mute. This book is nothing more than crakkkas trying to continue the lie that black people never did anything in world history.

Total Bullsh1t.

I refuse to believe there is any concious black person that would cosign this. You sir are an agent.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
And just like that the crakkka exposed himself.

That book is total bullsh1t and a white supremacist fantasy. Black people ruled and colonized this planet for most of its history thus rendering the entire thesis of this book mute. This book is nothing more than crakkkas trying to continue the lie that black people never did anything in world history.

Total Bullsh1t.
I refuse to believe there is any concious black person that would cosign this. You sir are an agent.

First off- the book does never infers that black people 'never did anything in world history'.

Second- The book does acknowledge that black people and black colonies were instrumental to mankind and its progress.

Lastly- I like you Swag. I find your posts entertaining. But don't you ever question my blackness again.:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off- the book does never infers that black people 'never did anything in world history'.

Second- The book does acknowledge that black people and black colonies were instrumental to mankind and its progress.

Lastly- I like you Swag. I find your posts entertaining. But don't you ever question my blackness again.:ufdup:

Look I read that bullsh1t in college. You can't trick me. The entire question the book tries to answer is why are white people so civilized and black people ain't.

As a conscious black person, I know the question is bullsh1t. We were more advanced than Europe for all of human history up to the last 500 years. Hell the Moors controlled Europe right before they started to take over.

Thus the entire premise the book looks to answer is bullsh1t. Its a white supremacist fantasy. Nothing more. And I refuse to believe any conscious black person would choose to cosign it.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
If you haven't seen it you gotta see this classic

Most important parts imo is the Advanced political and social systems, democracies, sex equality... And value of books, most important thing in Timbuktu and the areas surrounding. Intellectualism was cherished.

My heart dreads when I think about the material that have been destroyed stolen or how little we invest in African and black archeologists and searchers. Stupid ass Boko Haram and co occupying Timbuktu and destroying it when we practically know there are secrets and maybe a city hidden underground.

You should watch all his videos anyways

Didn't see the last ones yet but looks interesting

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not to mention they had horses, which are not indigenous to the Americas...or Africa for that matter. Africa got horses when the Hyksos captured Egypt around 1700 BC (the first time a foreign enemy ruled over them...it lasted for about a 100 years).

Horses were in Africa and the Americas long before that. They were wild and they died out.
The Surprising History of America's Wild Horses

As far as Africa goes the ass or what the we call the Donkey was domesticated in Africa as far back as 3650 B.C. Skeletons of horses have been found in the Sahara dating back to 2000 B.C. The Hyksos didn't invade Egypt until 1750 B.C., which was roughly 300 years later.

Ancient African Writing Systems and Knowledge: History of Horse Domestication in Africa

On top of that the Zebra is in the Horse family. So you might want to rethink what you are saying.

Zebra-Lovely-Face.jpg

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Why thread turned into another why colonization happened :snoop:

Advancement is not only warfare, sociological, political and intellectual progress are as significant
Facts. Especially currently. We throw our heads down in disappointment at the neo imperialism occurring. It's due to all but military conquor. The fact is this continent and it's varied people still view themselves separate and on good footing to "negotiate" deals with former colonialist to gain an upper hand over their neighbor. To gain a nod of approval from these outside nations, when you should negotiate amongst your brother and exploit the outsider. The inverse is occurring....again.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They didn't discover gun powder.
They did discover ballistics however.

They didn't even discover the ballistics. I am pretty the Chinese created the first gun. It was called a fire lance.

I am also pretty sure that the Chinese and likely the Arabs were among the first groups to use the canon.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
There is no direct evidence that any African civilization reached the Americas.

However, it's well documented that Abu Bakr II (Mansa Qu, the Mansa before Musa) had a fleet of 200 ships built and he went on a voyage across the Atlantic.

But they never returned to Mali, nor has there been evidence they arrived in the Americas. That doesn't mean they didn't get there. Maybe they got somewhere in modern day Brazil but never return or were killed by the native people's there. Or maybe the fleet was lost at sea (they wouldn't be the only ones). It's a mystery but he definitely took the voyage.
Agree. with most of thisThe North Africans are the ones who taught Iberia about shipping and navigation.
Columbus worked for years along the Guinea coast of Africa. That's where he learned about season wind currents along the Atlantic,etc,etc from West Africans. .

I beleive that plants native to Western Africa were documented to be growing in the Americas when the Spanish and Portuguese arrived, so there is indirect evidence of Africans landing here first .I believe that there were multiple voyages and that the ones who survived and landed were absorbed into the gene pool of the region.