How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Excuse me, when the found out about the existence of gun powder..

Nah kneegrow. Nah ..

ZQJthbE.png

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Right before slavery(trans Atlantic slave trade) I'd say that they were basically. But me personally I'd say Africa was a bit more advanced because some Muslim African states actually had sewage system while Europe did not. But once the industrial revolution came it became one sided in favor for Europe.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Just read this and its pretty obvious:

51LVx6UrW5L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Africa certainly had its moment as the greatest region, but Europe would inevitably become a super power simply due to its:
  • Central Location: Trade routes encouraged financing and growth, not to mention technology (i.e. gunpowder).
  • Irrigation: The land in Europe and the Fertile Crescent are much more 'farm-able' than the land in sub-sahara africa. This led to food that required far less work (i.e. hunting), so they could spend time doing other things.
  • General nastiness: White peoples' disgusting habits and close quarters made them build immunities to several bacteria. The Europeans would use these same bacteria to wipe out entire civilizations in Africa and South America. This is probably one of the most overlooked, yet most important factors.

White people spent centuries thinking that their fortune was due to their superior abilities. But really- these European colonies simply benefited from being born in a favorable location

Last edited:

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
There is no direct evidence that any African civilization reached the Americas.

However, it's well documented that Abu Bakr II (Mansa Qu, the Mansa before Musa) had a fleet of 200 ships built and he went on a voyage across the Atlantic.

But they never returned to Mali, nor has there been evidence they arrived in the Americas. That doesn't mean they didn't get there. Maybe they got somewhere in modern day Brazil but never return or were killed by the native people's there. Or maybe the fleet was lost at sea (they wouldn't be the only ones). It's a mystery but he definitely took the voyage.

Have you read When Rocks Cry Out

The downfall of Africa was allowing Greeks to come and study ancient knowledge

They left with our books and returned with guns

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Ummm..My quote isnt about who invented it.

If something is new to YOU, and you just found out about it, you've dis covered it.

Like how Columbus discovered America.

I never said the first to discover, kneegrow lol

Then everyone discovered everything innit. Anyway peace breh.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
None of this is relevent. Colonialism did not happen until after the "discovery" of America.

When they "discovered" America, within 50 years they looted enough gold and silver from the indigenous pops to fund 200 years of war easily. Bolivia literally has a mountain that supplies 60% of the world's silver.

"Founded in 1545 as a mining town, it soon produced fabulous wealth, and the population eventually exceeded 200,000 people. The city gave rise to a Spanish expression, still in use: vale un PotosĂ­, ("to be worth a PotosĂ­") meaning "to be of great value". The rich mountain, Cerro Rico, produced an estimated 60% of all silver mined in the world during the second half of the 16th century."

How is it not relevant? Columbus was the first Euro colonizer of the Americas. Your post makes the case for how colonialism of the Americas by Euros impacted the colonialism of Africa. Also hints at why there was a disparity in technology between the regions of Europe and Africa when that colonization really happened.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
???

And what was the main downfall in the colonialism of South America and Africa??

africa.jpg

The main fall of the southern world (dark skin peoples, native americans, african, australian aboriginal, hindu dalits etxc) was for the most part tribalism. Look at all the feudal nations or the confederacies rather than the tribes. Ethiopia was never conquered like that. Neither was asia. Why? They had largely dealt with tribalism by then. The europeans wiped out tribalism from the nordic to the celtic with Christianity. Muhammad united the arab tribes under islam. Basically they played us on divide and conquer cuz we were already playing ourselves being such decentralized cultures. But its cool to be decentralized in tropical areas cuz the only reasons cacs and east asians developed such a centralized chain of command was cuz they moved to the parts of the world were if you werent all on the same page you would die. Cacs never outright were able to o conquer large civilizations of warriors with the exception of the Aztecs and thats cuz they fukking cheated and sneak attacked with superior weapons

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
The main fall of the southern world (dark skin peoples, native americans, african, australian aboriginal, hindu dalits etxc) was for the most part tribalism. Look at all the feudal nations or the confederacies rather than the tribes. Ethiopia was never conquered like that. Neither was asia. Why? They had largely dealt with tribalism by then. The europeans wiped out tribalism from the nordic to the celtic with Christianity. Muhammad united the arab tribes under islam. Basically they played us on divide and conquer cuz we were already playing ourselves being such decentralized cultures. But its cool to be decentralized in tropical areas cuz the only reasons cacs and east asians developed such a centralized chain of command was cuz they moved to the parts of the world were if you werent all on the same page you would die. Cacs never outright were able to o conquer large civilizations of warriors with the exception of the Aztecs and thats cuz they fukking cheated and sneak attacked with superior weapons

Not to mention they had horses, which are not indigenous to the Americas...or Africa for that matter. Africa got horses when the Hyksos captured Egypt around 1700 BC (the first time a foreign enemy ruled over them...it lasted for about a 100 years).