How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
got tell you a secret, you should include arabia in the middle east in that map because black folks had all that territory too

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
They didn't even discover the ballistics. I am pretty the Chinese created the first gun. It was called a fire lance.
I am also pretty sure that the Chinese and likely the Arabs were among the first groups to use the canon.

I watched a video about the development of firearms a while ago. I looked earlier today but couldn't find it. I'll check again now.
Gringos turned firelances into machines that could (and can) reliably kill a lot of people from a distance. There is a lot of scientific theory behind that. Newton for a start. Bullets and cannonballs are very different types of projectiles.

Anyway I will be back.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
They didn't even discover the ballistics. I am pretty the Chinese created the first gun. It was called a fire lance.

I am also pretty sure that the Chinese and likely the Arabs were among the first groups to use the canon.

There are too many videos. Can't find it and I cannot spend more time looking for it.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Horses were in Africa and the Americas long before that. They were wild and they died out.
The Surprising History of America's Wild Horses

As far as Africa goes the ass or what the we call the Donkey was domesticated in Africa as far back as 3650 B.C. Skeletons of horses have been found in the Sahara dating back to 2000 B.C. The Hyksos didn't invade Egypt until 1750 B.C., which was roughly 300 years later.

Ancient African Writing Systems and Knowledge: History of Horse Domestication in Africa

On top of that the Zebra is in the Horse family. So you might want to rethink what you are saying.

Zebra-Lovely-Face.jpg
Zebras and Donkeys are totally different animals. They don't have the same temperament as horses nor can they be domesticated. You can ride a horse into battle in a formation, you can't ride a zebra at all. And Donkeys are too small and slow to be used as calvary.

1700 BC, give or take a few decades. At any rate, that's when Ancient Egypt gained horses.

Daps
Reppin
#TEAMSTRICKLAND
We never read of black men actually navigating the sea in the history books, in any era or century. Wonder why :mjpls: ? They always say that Africans didnt have the capacity to build boats and navigate seas. ''They never explored countries or continents like Europeans, they only stayed in Africa.''

Last edited:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sub Saharan Africa was cut of from trade routes with Asia or was too far to feel the full impact of that trade, once the west African kingdoms splintered it was a wrap for Sub saharan African development.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Zebras and Donkeys are totally different animals. They don't have the same temperament as horses nor can they be domesticated. You can ride a horse into battle in a formation, you can't ride a zebra at all. And Donkeys are too small and slow to be used as calvary.

1700 BC, give or take a few decades. At any rate, that's when Ancient Egypt gained horses.

You are just writing words and you don't know what you are saying. Donkeys are domesticated. They were domesticated for the purpose of work. This is a donkey.

726donkey_work_india.jpg

Zebras are wild, but they; the Donkey and the horse are from the same genus called the Equus or Equidae. In fact a male donkey and a female horse can be bred to make a mule.

Btw, they not only have skeletal remains but they have rock art of horse in Africa that far predate the Hyskos bringing horses to Egypt.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Sub Saharan Africa was cut of from trade routes with Asia or was too far to feel the full impact of that trade, once the west African kingdoms splintered it was a wrap for Sub saharan African development.

What kingdoms splintered???

This thread is frustrating because none of y’all have degrees in African history and it’s showing

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
We never read of black men actually navigating the sea in the history books, in any era or century. Wonder why :mjpls: ? They always say that Africans didnt have the capacity to build boats and navigate seas. ''They never explored countries or continents like Europeans, they only stayed in Africa.''
The true history of many of the kingdoms and nation states in Africa is lost forever. Written language systems existed in certain parts of the continent, but not all so there's very little documentation of things that occured. The art and artifacts tell the stories indirectly.
Majority of what is documented about pre-1500s Africa is from areas that had converted to Islam(written in Arabic), from modern day Ethiopia region, or modern day Egypt region.
There is evidence from the eastern side of the continent of trade, travel to, and interaction with people from southern Asia via the Indian ocean.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kingdoms splintered???

This thread is frustrating because none of y’all have degrees in African history and it’s showing

I mean once the great empires fell into smaller ones? I think it goes mali Empire then Songhai then various others? anyway i dont have a degree in this but i do know the lack of large scale trade with the east stunted development past the iron age