Houston was a tough crowd for Ice Spice

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
She needs to strictly be doing walk thrus at this stage of her career. She can practice her craft, but do it in small venues or something until it's down pat

It is kind of crazy to see society promoting these women when 15 years ago the message was pushing women to rely on their talent and not their body.
This is one of the more confusing things of the last couple years to me
Even "woke" chicks cape for these over sexualized female acts. Lauryn Hill and India Arie are turning over in their proverbial graves looking at this era
Female "empowerment" really tricked black women into supporting the goofy shyt they spent decades trying to change

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I’ve been wondering about this for a long time…

BX Drill is great for the Tri state. I don’t think down south or other places is fukking with the sound currently. Otherwise they would have their own acts emulating. On top of that she’s not a great performer
i'm glad you said this.

NY artists truth be told can't be regional without being considered a disappointment. Any other region, you can be fairly local and be alright. When a NY artist is regional, we just wonder why you can't be more than that. Other regions don't give a fukk.

Ice Spice is a person in desperate need of artist development. Instead she went viral and now she's swimming in the deep end of a cenote with no life jacket.

Daps
i'm glad you said this.

NY artists truth be told can't be regional without being considered a disappointment. Any other region, you can be fairly local and be alright. When a NY artist is regional, we just wonder why you can't be more than that. Other regions don't give a fukk.

Ice Spice is a person in desperate need of artist development. Instead she went viral and now she's swimming in the deep end of a cenote with no life jacket.

It’s crazy because artist development would be the natural solution you would think but even if she had that there’s no guarantee she would ever have “this”

This is the song that’s taking her places. She just doesn’t have the stage chops or other material to go along with it. There’s other artist who have the inverse but will never have “the song” so what’s it all for in that case?

BX drill is NY shyt all the way. Beats & delivery so it’s only natural that other places may not be with it

I can’t remember the last song out of the city from a younger artist that wasn’t some sort of compromise that blew (if you know let me know cause I can’t remember)

It’s pretty interesting