Houston TX thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
A lot of people don't realize why the storm was "stronger" than expected. The eye moved extremely close, if not directly over, parts of the city itself. The most powerful storms are around that eyewall. The storm wasn't stalled out like Harvey, but it wasn't moving through like a squall line either. It was moving between 12 and 20 mph and it was a large system. We're fortunate it didn't flood honestly.
Hell Yeah, and even then it still flooded bad in certain parts.

Day before that MF even really hit I damn near got trapped just driving down the street to the post office :mindblown:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I was going to move to Michigan but planning on keeping my house. After this week I’m altering that and after my mom passes away im selling it. I was going to keep it and rent it out to houstonians but nope. Don’t want to deal with this situation in case of emergency.

It’s a liability to even keep the house because of the endless fukkery.

Beto screwed himself with his anti-gun stance. No politician believed to be against guns will win in Texas.

You’re right about Abbott, but Beto had no shot.
I’m going to paste what I wrote on a coli discord today.

If Texas dems didn’t listen to national party and instead focused on local issues there would be a lot more dems at the state level. Hopefully Beto’s losses helps teach that. So many of these Dems that run in Texas are doing so on national platforms rather than local platform and issues.

So any time we get a promising Dem the national Dems are like FLIP TEXAS!!!!! and they’re pushing their agenda that might work for their state onto Texans and you got so many outsiders who aren’t even Texan involved. Candidates like Beto take those people pushing for him that live outside Texas seriously and starts to pander to them as these outsiders push their agenda on the locality

If he never said shyt about guns in Texas he would have beaten Cruz but noooo he gotta die on that hill.

Then there’s the national democratic take on immigration and the local take on immigration. And sometimes the dems try to toe the national line when Texans are overwhelmingly against illegal immigration no matter the race.

Summary: If democrats mellow out over here and play the local game they could win but they have to stop listening to outsiders on the coasts.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I know food is subjective and honestly I’m over Houston/Texas in general but Chicago or Detroit ain’t fukkin with houston when it comes to food.

Outside of the coast, houston is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US, and UofH is the most diverse university in the US.

You can get,

Nigerian
Vietnamese
Afghani
Texas
Mexaican
Venezuelan
Cajun
Mediterranean
Peruvian
Indian
Japanese
Korean

each with their own neighborhoods and they are all legit. Anybody who’s been to menu of menus knows the food scene in houston is legit.

its still fukk houston though
I been on Nikkie lately

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I'm actually glad that the middle class/wealthy are getting a taste of this shyt. Growing up on the northside power outages due to storms was a regular occurrence. I'm not talking about tropical storms or the rare derecho either, I'm talking about a strong afternoon sea breeze storm. Strong winds weren't the culprit either, it was lightning strikes. These outages would last for several hours at least and sometimes up to 24 hours. So, while not as long as a multi day outage, a week of bad weather could result in multiple days of 12 hour outages that would stretch into the night leaving an already dangerous area pitch black for several blocks. I don't know if it was the lack of a social media amplifier or if people were just more hardy 30 years ago but I don't remember people throwing these sort of fits about a lack of power. What's worse is that people having these online meltdowns and then forgetting all about it as soon as those lights click back on. People were talking so much shyt after the big freeze and yet Abbot is still in office. And it's not just about the people that voted him back into office but the people who did nothing to vote him out. Turnout, as normal, was abysmal. In a way people are getting exactly what they asked for. How many times will it take for the temporarily embarrassed millionaires of the greater city to have their infrastructure betray them as if they were an impoverished black community before they do something about it beyond complain and spread misinformation?
I'm glad someone else said it this isn't new to you if you from here.Also people don't vote because they have outright stolen elections in Texas.Im pretty sure Beto should be governor.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I'm done with this city breh
This is ridiculous
Power still out, traffic lights don't work and these businesses struggling to stay open
No drive thru,no dining in and no mobile orders
:mindblown:

Kroger's got billions but outchea going dark like the average mom and pop store

Beryl did all that?

:snoop:

The Kroger where I'm at still has no AC :francis:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I was going to move to Michigan but planning on keeping my house. After this week I’m altering that and after my mom passes away im selling it. I was going to keep it and rent it out to houstonians but nope. Don’t want to deal with this situation in case of emergency.

It’s a liability to even keep the house because of the endless fukkery.

I’m going to paste what I wrote on a coli discord today.

If Texas dems didn’t listen to national party and instead focused on local issues there would be a lot more dems at the state level. Hopefully Beto’s losses helps teach that. So many of these Dems that run in Texas are doing so on national platforms rather than local platform and issues.

So any time we get a promising Dem the national Dems are like FLIP TEXAS!!!!! and they’re pushing their agenda that might work for their state onto Texans and you got so many outsiders who aren’t even Texan involved. Candidates like Beto take those people pushing for him that live outside Texas seriously and starts to pander to them as these outsiders push their agenda on the locality

If he never said shyt about guns in Texas he would have beaten Cruz but noooo he gotta die on that hill.

Then there’s the national democratic take on immigration and the local take on immigration. And sometimes the dems try to toe the national line when Texans are overwhelmingly against illegal immigration no matter the race.

Summary: If democrats mellow out over here and play the local game they could win but they have to stop listening to outsiders on the coasts.
That's what I was telling people in the Facebook group that I'm in. Texas is not going to turn blue. You'll get a deep purple but that's it.