Houston TX thread

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Houston food ain’t fw Chicago or Detroit

And you sound gay.

I know food is subjective and honestly I’m over Houston/Texas in general but Chicago or Detroit ain’t fukkin with houston when it comes to food.

Outside of the coast, houston is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US, and UofH is the most diverse university in the US.

You can get,

Nigerian
Vietnamese
Afghani
Texas
Mexaican
Venezuelan
Cajun
Mediterranean
Peruvian
Indian
Japanese
Korean

each with their own neighborhoods and they are all legit. Anybody who’s been to menu of menus knows the food scene in houston is legit.

its still fukk houston though

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Centerpoint needs a civil lawsuit and to be investigated
ERCOT needs to be eliminated. The companies that make up ERCOT, including Centerpoint, don’t want to be regulated by the feds. So they can charge whatever they want and never be bothered with assisting other states that face an energy crisis. Problem is, when you need help…like now…no other states can help you. It’s only going to get worse. People keep moving here, houses and apartment complexes are continuously being built, and there’s been no improvement to the current infrastructure. They’re bringing in contractors from other states AFTER THE STORM, and there’s been disputes between the contractors and Centerpoint over pay rate. Could be why things are moving so slowly. One of the contractors said that Centerpoint doesn’t even want to pay for their lodging while they’re here. This should never have happened. We need to be on the National Grid.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
I know food is subjective and honestly I’m over Houston/Texas in general but Chicago or Detroit ain’t fukkin with houston when it comes to food.

Outside of the coast, houston is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US, and UofH is the most diverse university in the US.

You can get,

Nigerian
Vietnamese
Afghani
Texas
Mexaican
Venezuelan
Cajun
Mediterranean
Peruvian
Indian
Japanese
Korean

each with their own neighborhoods and they are all legit. Anybody who’s been to menu of menus knows the food scene in houston is legit.

its still fukk houston though
You definitely don’t know what you talking about. Metro Detroit alone has better culturally diverse food areas than Houston fukkin Texas. No match at all.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This shyt is wild....CUT THE CHECK AND BRING IN MORE LINE WORKERS FROM OTHER STATES :mindblown:

Easily worse than the 2021 Freeze and im saying that as somebody who has power. Seeing MFs sleeping outside right now because Im assuming it's even warmer inside their apartment, Which is wild af

Last edited:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
This shyt is wild....CUT THE CHECK AND BRING IN MORE LINE WORKERS FROM OTHER STATES :mindblown:

Easily worse than the 2021 Freeze and im saying that as somebody who has power. Seeing MFs sleeping outside right now because Im assuming it's even warming inside their apartment, Which is wild af
No Internet going on a week in the United States of America. Access the hotspots they're free cause of Beryl.... But that shyt ain't working either :snoop:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Houston is truly a large city
That's a lie. My parents in Alief never lost power and didn't have it for 5 days. Centerpoint has said this was the worst outage ever.

I've lived in different countries and they have houses, apartments, and condos that are designed to use the natural climate to make living bearable. Houston homes especially from the 90s upwards is designed for AC only. When it fails these homes trap heat and don't allow for good airflow
I was on westheimer and eldridge the business had power and the apartments didn't. Honestly Houston is big the more I'm able to move around the more I've seen some areas aren't close to recovery like where I live

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You know shyt fuccked up when 70-80% of Westheimer down :picard:

I was fortunate enough to be in a small enclave between Fondren and Dunvale along Westheimer that never lost power. There is a pole directly across the street from my apartments that is leaning and looks to have some sort of burn damage on the transformer. That, combined with the elderly state of my complex (it's a shytty mid century build) I was shocked that the power held.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I'm actually glad that the middle class/wealthy are getting a taste of this shyt. Growing up on the northside power outages due to storms was a regular occurrence. I'm not talking about tropical storms or the rare derecho either, I'm talking about a strong afternoon sea breeze storm. Strong winds weren't the culprit either, it was lightning strikes. These outages would last for several hours at least and sometimes up to 24 hours. So, while not as long as a multi day outage, a week of bad weather could result in multiple days of 12 hour outages that would stretch into the night leaving an already dangerous area pitch black for several blocks. I don't know if it was the lack of a social media amplifier or if people were just more hardy 30 years ago but I don't remember people throwing these sort of fits about a lack of power. What's worse is that people having these online meltdowns and then forgetting all about it as soon as those lights click back on. People were talking so much shyt after the big freeze and yet Abbot is still in office. And it's not just about the people that voted him back into office but the people who did nothing to vote him out. Turnout, as normal, was abysmal. In a way people are getting exactly what they asked for. How many times will it take for the temporarily embarrassed millionaires of the greater city to have their infrastructure betray them as if they were an impoverished black community before they do something about it beyond complain and spread misinformation?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You say that like it's never happened before :dwillhuh:

A lot of people don't realize why the storm was "stronger" than expected. The eye moved extremely close, if not directly over, parts of the city itself. The most powerful storms are around that eyewall. The storm wasn't stalled out like Harvey, but it wasn't moving through like a squall line either. It was moving between 12 and 20 mph and it was a large system. We're fortunate it didn't flood honestly.