Houston TX thread

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
A lot of folks in my neighborhood (Humble/Atascocita) had power restored this evening. I’ve been on team Generac since last year, learned my lesson after that freeze. shyt was pricey but well worth it, highly recommend it for homeowners.
Agreed completely. Bought a Kohler after the freeze.

Dig this….ERCOT is doing rolling blackouts in some areas that just got power back. My aunt got power yesterday evening. They turned it off after a few hours!:pacspit:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Here right now. A lot of traffic lights still off and some lights were off. Got in late so just had a patty melt from Whataburger and went to sleep. It was Lowkey hotter in NY then it is here at the moment.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is sad to see my home city and my relatives go thru this.

I'm not there but is the damage from a cat 1 storm really that bad? For a region that makes trillions on energy and brags about it, this is embarrassing

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
And we’ve also discussed how Houston has depreciated since the 90’s and 2000’s in terms of energy. I don’t know about you but if it just rains a little hard these days my power goes out for ten to thirty minutes. That’s the point we’ve tried to make. I was born and raised here and this didn’t happen as a child.Houston is so behind now a Cat 1 knocked out the power to over 2 million people. If a storm that is truly serious were to happen people might lose power for two weeks. That’s what we are saying. I don’t understand how any Houstonian raised here could dispute this in any way.

They skated for so long being an energy producing city/region and no natural disasters happened outside of Galveston. Therefore they likely got even cheaper wifh equipment and resources in order to maximize industry profits and bonuses for the ceo fat cats. Basically getting lucky the weather was good for so long in the Houston area.

And now that storms are hitting more the past decade plus, they're not ready. Dallas aint much better either

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
This is sad to see my home city and my relatives go thru this.

I'm not there but is the damage from a cat 1 storm really that bad? For a region that makes trillions on energy and brags about it, this is embarrassing

A lot of trees fell on power lines, and the lines that didn't get trees went down too. I live in an area where it just has to rain like it gives a damn for 30 minutes and I'm liable to lose power for a little bit. Trees falling on lines and poles going down results in obvious problems.

I understand Centerpoint is getting raked through the coals over this, but there's been enough weather-related bullshyt with Houston since 2000 to where I don't think Centerpoint being as fully prepared as they possible would have really helped matters. Them not being ready doesn't explain how the state's grid is outdated, underinvested in, and one bad day from a complete shutdown.

Even the best energy provider will struggle to provide for an ill-prepared city that has to rely on terrible statewide infrastructure and decision-makers in place.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The state of Texas needs a political reckoning. Losing power like this over CAT 1 storms is reprehensible. I remember growing up we had all kinds of weather and floods and never had the power go off for days at a time. Republicans have stripped this state of all viable infrastructure. This is why it’s never good for one party to rule over one state. We are in a perpetual state of monoparty. Texas is now California’s twin; where California is a progressive nightmare Texas is now a conservative nightmare. Both could use opposing views in its politics to not make it stink with uniform opinion.
Texas voters are stupid. There was a chance to vote out hot wheels back in 2022 but the fukker got reelected. After the winter freeze in 2021, the republicans should have lost.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The state of Texas needs a political reckoning. Losing power like this over CAT 1 storms is reprehensible. I remember growing up we had all kinds of weather and floods and never had the power go off for days at a time. Republicans have stripped this state of all viable infrastructure. This is why it’s never good for one party to rule over one state. We are in a perpetual state of monoparty. Texas is now California’s twin; where California is a progressive nightmare Texas is now a conservative nightmare. Both could use opposing views in its politics to not make it stink with uniform opinion.

Too much good ol boy networking to ever vote Abbott out
Either he will die in the position or whoever he passes it on to will get it.

Beto was a really good candidate but Abbot is just an extension of going all the way back to Bush. They're in bed with the oil gas energy corps, and the corp hospital chains in Texas

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Too much good ol boy networking to ever vote Abbott out
Either he will die in the position or whoever he passes it on to will get it.

Beto was a really good candidate but Abbot is just an extension of going all the way back to Bush. They're in bed with the oil gas energy corps, and the corp hospital chains in Texas
Beto screwed himself with his anti-gun stance. No politician believed to be against guns will win in Texas.

You’re right about Abbott, but Beto had no shot.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Beto screwed himself with his anti-gun stance. No politician believed to be against guns will win in Texas.

You’re right about Abbott, but Beto had no shot.
That was the right take coming off of Uvalde. But we saw how their voting turned out, People just stupid :francis:

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
We already have survived those is my point.The city has been without power for a week before. Then these dumbasses talking about they power didn't go off as in the past you probably have moved since then.In 3rd ward I already know which streets would get power first if not never lose it.In Greenspoint I pretty much had good idea of which areas get lights back first. I've never heard anyone actually from here bytch like what's going on in here

That's a lie. My parents in Alief never lost power and didn't have it for 5 days. Centerpoint has said this was the worst outage ever.

I've lived in different countries and they have houses, apartments, and condos that are designed to use the natural climate to make living bearable. Houston homes especially from the 90s upwards is designed for AC only. When it fails these homes trap heat and don't allow for good airflow