Houston TX thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The state of Texas needs a political reckoning. Losing power like this over CAT 1 storms is reprehensible. I remember growing up we had all kinds of weather and floods and never had the power go off for days at a time. Republicans have stripped this state of all viable infrastructure. This is why it’s never good for one party to rule over one state. We are in a perpetual state of monoparty. Texas is now California’s twin; where California is a progressive nightmare Texas is now a conservative nightmare. Both could use opposing views in its politics to not make it stink with uniform opinion.
Stop watching the news, that ultra liberal stuff they sell you on the news is completely false about California. Literally the worst things about living in California are caused by states like Texas trying to create political problems. (Sending homeless etc)

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Stop watching the news, that ultra liberal stuff they sell you on the news is completely false about California. Literally the worst things about living in California are caused by states like Texas trying to create political problems. (Sending homeless etc)
You mean California didn’t have problems with pricing people out and homeless people taking shyt on the street before Abbot and his bulllshyt? :duck:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I hope muthafukkas get fired for this
We can't be losing power for days over Cat 1 storms

Where I'm at, power goes down over a sustained storm (i.e. 30-60 minutes) or if it's a particularly warm night for the hell of it. It may not be down LONG, but it still happens. Losing power was something I absolutely expected with this. But I didn't expect it to be a week long over what amounts to the absolute bare minimum of a Cat 1, which seems to be what's expected.

You'd assume after Rita, Harvey, etc. Houston would have been hellbent on ensuring that it could withstand something that comparatively speaking, would be considered minor.

I understand Centerpoint's catching a lot of heat -- no pun intended -- over this but even if they were at the most ready they could have possibly been, it doesn't change how fukked/finicky Houston's infrastructure is and how the politics here actively work to keep it that way only to throw the same shyt they put in place under the bus when things like this happen.

My boy (Latino) in Stafford still without power.

The wife and I rode around our area the other day and it was stunning, albeit unsurprisingly, how many black and brown people were struggling.
Even when we were in H-E-B, it seemed apparent that minorities were shopping for survival while white people were shopping as usual.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Where I'm at, power goes down over a sustained storm (i.e. 30-60 minutes) or if it's a particularly warm night for the hell of it. It may not be down LONG, but it still happens. Losing power was something I absolutely expected with this. But I didn't expect it to be a week long over what amounts to the absolute bare minimum of a Cat 1, which seems to be what's expected.

You'd assume after Rita, Harvey, etc. Houston would have been hellbent on ensuring that it could withstand something that comparatively speaking, would be considered minor.

I understand Centerpoint's catching a lot of heat -- no pun intended -- over this but even if they were at the most ready they could have possibly been, it doesn't change how fukked/finicky Houston's infrastructure is and how the politics here actively work to keep it that way only to throw the same shyt they put in place under the bus when things like this happen.

The wife and I rode around our area the other day and it was stunning, albeit unsurprisingly, how many black and brown people were struggling.
Even when we were in H-E-B, it seemed apparent that minorities were shopping for survival while white people were shopping as usual.
IIRC, the aids that Houston was suppose to get from Harvey went to surrounding red cities instead. Abbot and all them other politicians were some bytches for that all because Houston is blue.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
IIRC, the aids that Houston was suppose to get from Harvey went to surrounding red cities instead. Abbot and all them other politicians were some bytches for that all because Houston is blue.

I didn't know that (not originally from Houston).

That warrants a political purge, dead ass.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I didn't know that (not originally from Houston).

That warrants a political purge, dead ass.
People been trying for year to vote them out, but people keep voting them out of spite. A lot of people don't realize that Texas has more registered democrat voters than republican, so that means you to get at least the majority of democrat voters to vote across the board and not only for the presidential elections.