Houston TX thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The WOAT hurricane experience for me

We were without power for a few days during Ike too but the difference was Ike was in the fall not the fukking peak of a record hot Texas summer

As far as why the infrastructure has gotten so weak and things are always falling apart…start with the morally bankrupt easily purchased Republican imbeciles running the state government and work your way down

LowkeyD

All Star
Daps
I went to all them spots they be hyping up on the gram and Tik Tok.

All that shyt was mid compared to New Orleans.
lol, you’re basing your opinion on TikTok suggestions for one of the most diverse cities in the world…countless restaurants with cuisines from all over the world and you get suggestions from TikTok and base an opinion on your laziness. Please withdraw and withhold your opinion towards culinary knowledge from different cities. This is coming from someone who loves New Orleans but the sheer amount of options when it comes to food in Houston takes it to a different level. Especially if you take in to account that many folk from the NO that have moved to Houston bringing their customs and intermingling it with other traditional gulf coast traditions, this argument really didn’t need pointing out unless you’re limited to a superficial menu of what Houston cuisine is.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I went to all them spots they be hyping up on the gram and Tik Tok.
That’s your first problem. Those social media spots are almost always wack.

Houston has the highest Vietnamese population in the USA. The pho is top tier. Did you get that?

Houston has a high African immigrant population. Did you get any of that?

Houston is near Mexican border and has some legit Mexican spots. Have any real tacos from a taqueria?

I can go on.

I been here 10 years and my shyt has never gone out from just rain....
Well I grew up here and on any given week I’ll have the lights go off for no reason just for a minute or so. Never happened growing up.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
lol, you’re basing your opinion on TikTok suggestions for one of the most diverse cities in the world…countless restaurants with cuisines from all over the world and you get suggestions from TikTok and base an opinion on your laziness. Please withdraw and withhold your opinion towards culinary knowledge from different cities. This is coming from someone who loves New Orleans but the sheer amount of options when it comes to food in Houston takes it to a different level. Especially if you take in to account that many folk from the NO that have moved to Houston bringing their customs and intermingling it with other traditional gulf coast traditions, this argument really didn’t need pointing out unless you’re limited to a superficial menu of what Houston cuisine is.
You said all that to agree that New Orleans food is better.

Got it!

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
That’s your first problem. Those social media spots are almost always wack.

Houston has the highest Vietnamese population in the USA. The pho is top tier. Did you get that?

Houston has a high African immigrant population. Did you get any of that?

Houston is near Mexican border and has some legit Mexican spots. Have any real tacos from a taqueria?

I can go on.

Well I grew up here and on any given week I’ll have the lights go off for no reason just for a minute or so. Never happened growing up.
I went where the hoes was at fam. Didn’t have a problem with the spots or food in New Orleans, Chicago, etc.

Daps
Thinking about moving here with a budget between 650k to 700k, what areas should I be looking for? Never been to texas BTW.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Just finished cleaning up the yard at mom’s and I’m exhausted. Put all the limbs that fell into bags. I got 5-6 bags of tree branches ready for trash pickup tomorrow. Then I raked the small bits and swept the patio and driveway.

8:42 and still no power in Humble/Atascocita/Kingwood.

I'm out that way too. Last I heard still no power outside of a few pockets but we did see the crews out and about.

Wife and I dipped off to her best friend's crib, they just got power back yesterday afternoon.