Houston TX thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
OK WTF it was 106 today. I'm glad I did what I had to do before it got brutal but I went out to get the mail and damn near died. This some bullshyt. Hawaii in 2 weeks though. I got to get out the city.

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: now only if this weather stays like this

It probably wont tho :snoop:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
How is the music scene in Houston? If im tryna be a PRODUCER(not just a beat maker), is Houston the better city to live in over Dallas?

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
:ohlawd: I never been

Is it a hip hop city like NYC,ATL and LA?

Yes, its a hip hop city. The independent scene has been very strong here for 20 years. I think an outsider that brings something different to the city could have some success.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Yes, its a hip hop city. The independent scene has been very strong here for 20 years. I think an outsider that brings something different to the city could have some success.

plane-take-off-o.gif

Elle

Pro
Daps
It depends on what kind of lifestyle you live.

I would like to be in an area where I could walk to restaurants, shopping,etc. I would prefer an area that has an abundance of young professionals.

Elle

Pro
Daps
Agreed but focus on the area part.
The immediate Galleria area is going to be expensive. The wealthy part of Post Oak, Westheimer, Sage, San Felipe, Chimney Rock, etc. I'd recommend at least 3 - 5 miles out side of The Galleria.

Elle

Somewhere where you are located within all the major freeways is a smart idea. There's three main freeways near The Galleria, U.S. Highway 59, Interstate Highway 610, and I-10. With those freeways, you are set to go anywhere in the city very quickly and easily (without traffic of course. Traffic is hell)

It really depends on your income and life style.

I personally would pick The Galleria over Midtown/Downtown/Uptown and I would not live in any of the burbs. Katy, Sugarland, Kingwood, The Woodlands, Richmond, Pearland, Pasadena, Spring, Cypress, etc. too far away from the good parts of the city (IMO)

When you say expensive, what do you mean? I currently pay $1375 for a 509sq ft 1br apt. In this area that is not considered expensive. I know the cost of living is much cheaper there,s o expensive in Houston might be just eight.

Mr.Grinch

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
How is the music scene in Houston? If im tryna be a PRODUCER(not just a beat maker), is Houston the better city to live in over Dallas?

Everything Marvel said. I've lived in both for around 10yrs apiece and Dallas don't support it's own artist, Houston shows the complete opposite with love.

That's just the music tho everything else about Dallas is great. I'm from the west coast so I really don't have a love for either one. :manny:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I would like to be in an area where I could walk to restaurants, shopping,etc. I would prefer an area that has an abundance of young professionals.

Heights, Midtown, and Downtown are good places to start.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston

What do you do for a living and why are you moving to Houston? Do you need a young professional to show you around the city? :shaq:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

westheimer/galleria area is a sound bet. I dunno about walking tho.. but u get on westheimer and its restaurants and shops galore all the way down the strip, and a buncha different intersectin streets that are lined up with different stuff. And, of course the Galleria mall itself goes without sayin. At the end of the day if ur mid 20s-30s and single, then gettin one of those 'luxury apartments' in that area is going to have u livin and feelin ideal. Gonna have them homeless people/beggars/crackheads at every other light on the major streets tho lol

When you say expensive, what do you mean? I currently pay $1375 for a 509sq ft 1br apt. In this area that is not considered expensive. I know the cost of living is much cheaper there,s o expensive in Houston might be just eight.

1375 can get u a good lux apartment spot. You can get other types for far cheaper but, as a general rule, you do get what you pay for. As in, you can get real cheap for like 600 but the neighborhood will probably be questionable to put it kindly. The higher in price it is, the more its about paying for that good state of mind that comes with the 'convenience' of a nice area/safety/security, just as much as it is about having a fancy lookin spot. There is a middle ground, like someone mentioned pavilion place to me to check out back when i was searchin.. so its not like its either lux apartment or the hood lol

you can check here to get an idea of the spots in the galleria area
http://www.apartmentguide.com/zip/77056-Apartments-For-Rent/luxury-apartments-for-rent-4l9/