Houston TX thread

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I would like to be in an area where I could walk to restaurants, shopping,etc. I would prefer an area that has an abundance of young professionals.

Been here for almost a year ..lived in DC and Bmore to for a few years .. the problem is this place is so huge and lacks the public transit to go along with it ....so walking is posible, but you going need a bike, bus, or car to supplement most of your errands or outings. ..... the light rail is being put in... but its not going to the "shopping districts" you are speaking of .... yet anyway ..

The new light rail additions will be completed by 2014, the Blue and Tan lines will not be in completed though, which would have actually gone through some of the major shopping/eatery "upscalish" areas .... of this map below is only the "Inner Loop 610"... the "Outer Loop Beltway 8" covers way more territory .....

303027.jpg

I think all the neighborhoods mentioned are cool/good and worth researching, but there are somethings popping up in the inner city black areas like Third Ward, which is where the Purple line is going through............ and if its any indication, there are nice sized homes and duplexes popping up there, and white folks are buying up some of the older single family homes there too .... so its alot to think about ....

I think, what I find most interesting about Houston, is the fact there is NO ZONING, so the diversity in housing styles is crazy... I've never seen anything like it ... crazy design houses in traditional neighborhoods....

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
how you like UofH??

It's a good school for what it's worth. It isn't the best of the best obviously, but you're gonna get a valuable education and depending on your major and how you market yourself in the city of Houston a degree from UofH can open some doors. As a young black male I also like that it's a big university but you see a lot of our people there as well so you never feel like too much of an outsider. Definitely still a commuter school though they are trying to shake that vibe.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
It's a good school for what it's worth. It isn't the best of the best obviously, but you're gonna get a valuable education and depending on your major and how you market yourself in the city of Houston a degree from UofH can open some doors. As a young black male I also like that it's a big university but you see a lot of our people there as well so you never feel like too much of an outsider. Definitely still a commuter school though they are trying to shake that vibe.

I see they got some new residential housing popping up near the new stadium and the light rail station going be right there too....plus TSU across the street