Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We got rid of the selfishness in Wood and replaced him with a player who rather set up than score in Sengun. If Tate limits his tunnel vision and helps facilitates, then our offensive rating and efficiency should be much better

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Tilman ended our chapter. He’s the reason CP3, Dntoni, Morey and ultimately Harden left.

We already talked about whose goin to be gm the first casualty of Tilman from this core. Only thing I envy from the Warriors franchise is the ownership willingness to spend. It’s quite admirable. It was over for us Tilmans first offseason when he refuse to go in the luxury tax to keep Ariza and replaced him with fukking James Ennis, who didn’t even make it through the season
We also have to blame PJ cause he’s the one that vouched for Ennis :dead:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Yup, pretty much has the highest c&s three point percentages around the league.

Green and KPJ are one of the league's best off-ball backcourts which folks don't give them enough credit for.

If Sengun can set them along with Jabari up, that offense becomes really tough to check. Ideally though again, I prefer a motion offense over heliocentric one but I think Houston has a really good advantage because they can play both styles.

I fear these young bloods are hungry and will win more games then what we are expecting, I hope they are at least bottom 3 and put themself in the race for Victor.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I fear these young bloods are hungry and will win more games then what we are expecting, I hope they are at least bottom 3 and put themself in the race for Victor.

I don't know why you'd fear more success. I want the Rockets to win 35+ games this year and compete for the play in.

Especially if Green is showing he's got next, KPJ is sound mentally and takes another step on the court, Bari & Tari are locking opposing teams top players up and spacing the floor on offense and Sengun is avg a dbl-dbl.

If those things are happening forget about Victor our core would be in place and it's time to get serious serious about contending again. I don't wanna fall in love with this tanking mentality because even the worst record is not guaranteed the #1 pick.

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why you'd fear more success. I want the Rockets to win 35+ games this year and compete for the play in.

Especially if Green is showing he's got next, KPJ is sound mentally and takes another step on the court, Bari & Tari are locking opposing teams top players up and spacing the floor on offense and Sengun is avg a dbl-dbl.

If those things are happening forget about Victor our core would be in place and it's time to get serious serious about contending again. I don't wanna fall in love with this tanking mentality because even the worst record is not guaranteed the #1 pick.
This where I’m at too.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah that's how I see it as well.

That said, this year the West is probably the most stacked I've ever seen a conference in my life. Teams like Clippers/Nuggets/Pelicans are healthy with the Clippers adding some insane players from their mid-season trades last year, Wolves/Blazers made crazy additions with the Blazers gettin key guys back from injury, Warriors are the Warriors, then other play-off teams like the Grizzlies and Mavs got some big experience, etc.

Due to all that, I'm expecting their record to not nearly indicate how far they're coming along. They'll get some really good wins this season and even their losses will be a big learning experience playing against these stacked ass Western teams so it'll be interesting to see where they are at the end of the year.

That said, a bottom 5-7 record gives them an opening in the Wemby sweepstakes nonetheless, and if they miss they can still swoop up on one of the other centers like Ware or take a point-forward. Those 2023 and 2024 drafts are deep so especially with the Nets' picks Houston is set up to take great prospects both those years.
Dude can defend other SF's and be a playmaker on offense. Dude was also a 5 star(?) WR recruit.

I'm like ya'll I think they're going to make insane strides this year nonetheless, but because of how young they are and how stacked the conference is, they're record won't be as pretty as some of their Eastern conference counterparts but they'll be a better team than them.

Last edited:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I like everything the new GM is doing except he need to trade KPJ.

I'm iffy on KPJ. When he had his spat I wanted him gone. But low-key he finished the season almost as strong as Green did.

He's in his contract year so you're gonna get his absolute best, any slip ups and you know he's not right for this team.

If he keeps it together he's a valuable floor spacer, playmaker with the size and potential to be a decent/good defender.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ya'll gotta either go 100% motion offense (got the personnel for it) or let the ball go through this guy as the Jokic point-center while Jalen and KPJ cause absolute mayhem on/off-ball and Jabari snipes:

Green, Sengun and KPJ are an ideal fit together in the modern NBA.

I like Jabari too if his defense translates (perimeter defender and roaming rim protector) and is a reliable shot maker like those two guards are at the next level.